Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_gurl61 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
That chapter after so long was great, but that was such a bad place to stop. I can't wait for the next chapter. Love Jai and Bani, especially Jai. Please continue soon.
snayyar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
wow... I came online on IF after ages and read this ... and all i can say is.. AWESOME..πŸ‘
i somehow got transported to this new world of Jai and Bani in ur fanfic..
fabulous.. do write soon πŸ‘πŸΌ
Indian_Goddess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Chapter 13:

Her hand flies into her tousled hair as she swears. She jumps up from the bed as her eyes scan around, looking for Jai's presence as he wasn't beside her when she woke up. She runs out of the room in search for him through the apartment.

Bani: Jai!--- Jai?! Jai?!!

"Bani, I'm right here. What's wrong? Why are you shouting?" he questions with query as he emerges from the open door of the balcony. She approaches him with wide eyes.

Bani: We have to go. Now. (urgency in her voice)
Jai: Where? Sweetheart, you alright? Why do you look so worried?
Bani: Jai, they are taking you off life support! Jigyasa signed the papers. We have to go to the hospital now!

She exclaims while gathering her loose hairs into her hands and tying them into a ponytail. Stunned, he watches her turn her back on him while scurrying around the apartment in order to get ready. Less than a minute later, she returns back and faces him breathless.

Jai: (gathering his voice on seeing her apperance) You are going to go like this? You haven't even changed out of your nightdres--
Bani: (hastily) It doesn't matter. Right now we don't have time. We have to go to the hospital before it becomes too late.... Come on.

************************************************************************************************

"Remind me again why you have brought your sister to tag along?" Jai mutters to her from the backseat as Rano, Bani's youngest sister, bellows at the fellow drivers on the road while taking a rought turn. Bani slams into her door while replying to Jai, rubbing her now sore arm.

Bani: Because I needed someone with no morals.... which Rano certainly doesn't have. (whispers fiercely)
Jai: Yeah, I can see that.....
Rano: Damn morons! Doesn't anybody know how to drive around here?! God!--- Anyways Di, how come today you want me to drop you off to the hospital all of a sudden? I thought you always walked there? And why did you specifically ask for Pia Di's minivan, that too, removing the back seats?
Bani: Eerrr.... It's something rather important Rano.... All you need to do is drive me to the hospital and wait for me to come back. You understand that?
Rano: Oh no, you don't. Do not try and avoid the subject. You don't want me to know, but I very well deserve to considering how I have now been appointed your unofficial driver for the day.

Bani flashes a glance at Jai, who wears the same pondering look as her sister. Even he was left clueless. Bani did not speak a word that was on her mind. She had only rushed him into her sister's car without any sort of explanation.

Jai: I'm wondering the same, doc. After all, what is it that you have planned?
Rano: (carrying on) I'm not seven anymore, you know? I'm twenty-four last time I checked. I think I earn an explanation.
Bani: (sighs exasperatedly) Alright, I'll tell you. Just because I know you won't stop harassing me until you get it out of me. But remember, this stays only between you and me.....
Rano: (eagerly) Of course, of course. Now tell me....

Bani stares back out of the windshield in front of her while casually stating seconds later....

Bani: ..... We're going to be kidnapping someone.....

Rano's eyes widen with disbelief as well as Jai, who looks to Bani as if she has gone mental.

Rano: Di.... you're kidding right?
Bani: (firmly) Rano, you know very well that I don't lie or pull jokes.....

Now immediately understanding what is on Bani's mind, Jai snaps, not taking the matter so lightly as Bani was choosing to make it....

Jai: You're going to steal my body? Doc, have you gone insane?! Do you know that you're going to be risking your medical license for doing something so foolish? And what do you plan to do with it afterward?

On the other hand a smile erupts onto Rano's face while a glint appears in her eyes.

Rano: That is so cool, Di! I never knew you had it in you to do something so radical! (exclaims in appreciation) I can't believe you're going to be kidnapping someone! Never thought you would even think of doing such a thing. Who are you going to kidnap? Is it that Meera woman you hate so much? And don't worry, I promise I won't tell any of this to Pia Di or Jiju. Hey, since we're going to go kidnap your arch enemy anyway, how about we go pick up Daksh and Raashi on the way?
Bani: Ranooo!!! Will you watch the road?!

Jai looks to Bani's sister in bewilderment, astonished by her response of approval. What is this girl made of?

Jai: Bani, you're crazy. Which shouldn't be so shocking to me since you were born from a family full of psychos, but seriously--- you can't do this. Not at the expense of your career. You said so yourself---- your work means everything to you. (trying to make her see reason)
Bani: Yeah, it used to. But something else now means a lot more now.
Jai: (missing the last part) You've gone bloody insane! You'll go to jail, you know that?! --- What are you thinking?
Bani: At this point, I'm not thinking. All I know is that I have to save you. This will buy us some more time! (trying to make him see sense behind the matter)

Jai simply shakes his head out of disbelief while Rano is confused by her sister's outburst.

Jai: You... you.... Do you even know how to pull any of this off? That too, without getting caught?
Bani: Don't worry, I know what I"m doing. But I need your cooperation, Jai, the most in order to get through this.

Jai remains silent, unsure of the situation while Rano gazes at her sister with confused eyes.

Rano: Jai, whose Jai? Di, who the hell are you talking to? And what are you even talking about? Buying more time? What time?
Bani: (rapidly) Er, nothing Rano. I was talking to myself. Now keep driving. I will explain it all to you later.
Rano: (speculating) You were definitely talking to someone, that too, not me or yourself. Di, be absolutely honest with me. What's going on?
Bani: (frustrated) Rano, I---I can't explain right now. Just take me to the hospital now......
Jai: Bani, you should tell her. She's catching on--- she knows that something isn't right.
Bani: (whispers) Not yet....
Rano: Not yet, what?
Bani: Ummm, we're not there yet. Hurry up! And keep your eyes on the road! (commands)

*********************************************************************************************

The van comes to a screeching halt before the hospital and Bani quickly opens her door to let herself out. Just as she is about to run inside, she hears another car door open and turns around to see Rano joining her and Jai. Jai and Bani both share a confused glance at this.

Bani: Rano, what are you doing? I told you to stay in the car. I'll be right back.....
Rano: Di, there's more to than you're just telling me. And I refuse to let you go through this alone. So I'm coming with you. And no matter what you say, nothing's going to change my mind.

Bani looks helplessly at her stubborn sister and decides not to waste time by arguing with her. She releases a sigh and nods her head, telling her to hurry along. They walk in through the glass doors and enter into the busy atmosphere of the hospital with nurses and doctors running about. She tries to blend in without being seen and rushes to an empty hallway, locating a particular room and entering in with Rano and Jai following curiously behind. Both watch Bani scanning the shelves in the storage room, checking through the medical supplies and wearing a thoughtful look on her tensed face.

Rano: Di, what is this? I'm not understanding what it is that you're doing. Please explain to me.
Bani: Rano, I----
Rano: No Di, no more excuses. I want the truth. (firmly)

Bani finds herself trapped and looks to Jai, seeking for help who only shrugs at her. She meets her sister's questioning eyes once more. She decides that the time for the truth to come out has come. No matter how crazy it sounds....

Bani: Alright Rano.... I guess you do deserve to know since you have become apart of the matter.... It's true that we're going to be kidnapping someone..... but that someone is a patient.....
Rano: A patient?
Bani: Yes, a patient.... Someone who I know very well.... because..... because.... (licking her dry lips) well because I can see him! I see him all around and can even talk to him when no one else can..... He is a spirit of a man in a comma for over four months, upstairs, who is about to be taken off life support.... And we have to take his body some place else safe.... so I can figure out how to get his spirit back into his body.....
Rano: (clear disbelief) Really?
Bani: Really.
Rano: (laughs) I don't believe you. That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Pia Di is right, you are losing it with all the lack of sleep you have.
Bani: No, really, it's the truth!
Jai: She doesn't believe you, Bani.
Bani: But she has to!

Confused with her sister's exchange with the thin air, Rano approaches her and places her hands onto her shoulders in a comforting manner.

Rano: Di. you need to take a break. Clearly the stress of being a doctor has taken a toll on you. Or even if you want, we can get a psychiatrist to help you.

Brushing away her sister's hands, Bani retorts with irritation....

Bani: No I don't need a break or a psychiatrist! Rano, he's right here! Right here, standing right behind you! You have to believe me! Would I ever make up something as insane as this?!
Rano: (sighs) Which is why you are probably hallucinating....
Bani: No, I'm not hallucinating!
Jai: Tell her that I know this is difficult for her to understand..... but I need her help.
Bani: Rano, he says that he knows this is difficult for you to understand.... but he needs your help.
Rano: How am I supposed to help someone who doesn't even exist?! Di, this is all apart of your imagination.... It's playing tricks on you.....
Bani: No, you have to understand! Rano, we don't have any time! He doesn't have any time! They'll be taking him off life support any minute now! I need you to believe me! God Rano, he's right behind you!
Rano: (mockingly) Alright, if he's right behind me, can he see what I'm doing with my hand?..... Rock, paper, or scissors? ....

She puts her hand behind her and forms it into a fist, pressing it against her back. Jai watches this and looks to Bani with an answer. Rano smiles on hearing no immediate response from her sister.

Rano: No, na? Come on Di, let's take you home and put you to bed. You need some res---
Bani: Rock.
Rano: (taken aback) What?
Bani: Rock. He says that you're doing rock.

Rano eyes her sister cautiously and looks behind her, seeing absolutely no one, just the thin air. She looks back to her sister.

Rano: Okay.... lucky guess.... But can you guess what I'm doing now?
Bani: Scissors...... rock again..... paper...... paper again..... and paper again....
Rano: (letting out a frustrated sigh) Aaahhh, I can't believe it. How did you know all that?
Bani: I told you, Jai's standing right behind you.

Again Rano turns around only to see no one.

Rano: Okay, okay.... you know, I've read stuff about this.... where you can have moments of psychic powers and----
Bani: Rano, please, don't give me that crap. Why don't you just believe me?!

Jai suddenly forms an idea while snapping his fingers, drawing Bani's attention onto him. He looks to her with an excited look.

Jai: I've got it!.... Tell her that I know she has a pair of her ex-boyfriend's boxers stashed in one of her drawers and looks at them time to time! I reckon she even sleeps with them on sometimes....
Bani: Oh! He knows that you have your ex-boyfriend's boxers kept hidden in one of your drawers and look at the----wait, what?! How do you know this?! (demanding Jai)
Jai: (grins) I did the honors of taking a tour of your sister's lovely home during your nephew's birthday party.....
Bani: Rano, you have a pair of Daksh's boxers and are even hiding them?!

An expression of shock unfolds on Rano's face as she stares at her sister, seeming horrified by this secret information being leaked out. She squeaks out in surprise....

Rano: How do you know that?!
Bani: Jai told me. You have his boxers?! Why?!
Rano: (stammers) No one.... No one knew that except for me!
Bani: (rolling her eyes) I told you! Jai is real! And he's right here with us. Now do you believe me?

Rano looks in the direction of Jai in a terrified manner. She grows stiff.

Rano: (worries) He's---he's real? ----- What else does he know about me?!
Bani: (exclaims) Rano, that doesn't matter at the moment! Now help me out with carrying this stuff and let's go!

Bani turns back around to look at the shelves, grabbing whatever she needs, while Rano continues to remain rooted to her spot---absorbing this piece of news into her. She suddenly places a hand on Bani's shoulder, stopping her in the rush of gathering supplies....

Rano: Okay Di.... Agree that this Jai of yours is real..... But why are you doing all this for me? Aren't you the same woman who says that dying is apart of life? Then why are you interfering in fate? Why don't you let death take it's course? And do you realize that what you are risking for this man? All your years of hard work will go down the drain if you do what you're planning on doing..... Do you realize this?
Bani: Yes.
Rano: Then why are you doing it?
Bani: (agitated with her sister's lack of understanding) Because-----...... because I.....
Rano: Because you, what Di?
Bani: (sighs, expresses all in one go) Because I love him Rano!

While Rano seems to be taken aback with her sister's answer, Jai remains still as a bowled expression appears on his face. He stares at Bani with astounded eyes. She shares his gaze and gives him a feeble smile while nodding her head, confirming what she had said. She takes small steps to him, nervously, while being determined to meet his eyes while expressing what she feels about him for weeks.... Her eyes become underlined with unshed tears.

Bani: Yes, I love you Jai..... I really love you..... I don't know when and how it happened, but I know that I fell hard for you along the way.... Like how you say that I am your family, you have become into my everything these past few weeks..... And I'm not ready to let you go.....

Jai remains unmoved in his spot as he continues to appear stumped by her confession. He tries to gather his words....

Jai: Bani.... I.... I---
Rano: You.... you love him? (appearing shocked herself)

Bani returns her gaze onto her sister.

Bani: Yes, I do Rano. And I need you to help me save him. I--- I can't live without him. (ends miserably)

Seeing the tears shining in her sister's eyes, Rano slowly gives her a soft smile while nodding her head in agreement moments later. She places her hands onto her sisters, giving it a comforting squeeze.

Rano: Count me in. I'm willing to help in anyway.

Bani throws her sister a relieved smile while wiping her eyes......

*********************************************************************************************

As the elevator doors open wide, Bani and Rano (dressed in white coats) push out a hospital bed onto their floor and steer it down the hallway, in the meanwhile, being careful not to draw attention to themselves. Jai walks beside them, seeming clearly anxious of what they're about to do.

Jai: Bani, tell your sister thank you for me.... I really appreciate her help.
Bani: Rano, we're really grateful what you're doing for us.....
Rano: Anytime Di, it isn't everyday that my sister does some insane thing in the name of love.... So I want to partake in it....

As Bani blushes, she shares a shy glance at Jai, who grins handsomely back at her..... As they approach closer to the room, Bani signals Rano to wait off to the side so she can make sure no one is inside. With Jai beside her, they together look through the half-opened door to find Jigyasa and Aditya in conversation with Meera, deeply engrossed in some matter. As Bani looks closer to see what is occurring, she and Jai both are alarmed when they see the three heading their way. Bani hurriedly rushes off to the side, joining Rano by hiding behind the corner of the wall, and hears Meera's voice ring throughout the hall once the door is opened....

Meera: It is just last minute formalities.... so if you will follow me to my cabin..... Right this way....

Bani looks around the wall, watching the backs of the three disappear behind another corner and isn't satisfied until she hears their voices and footsteps completely faded away... She urges Rano to quickly follow her and lead the bed into the room. They push it through and place it parallel to the hospital bed occupied by Jai's body. As Bani starts firing off directions to Rano while throwing off the covers from Jai, Rano stares at Jai's face in a transfixed manner--- a look of deep thought crossing her focused face.

Bani: Rano? Rano, are you listening to me? --- You need to help me shift him into the other bed.....
Rano: (ignoring her sister's instructions) Di.... I've seen this man before.... Oh my God.... It's him.....

Jai and Bani look at one another at this with the same look of confusion spread on their faces.

Jai: What is she talking about?

Bani looks back to Rano, watching her scan Jai's face with acknowledgment. She watches her carefully.

Bani: Rano, what are you talking about? How do you know Jai?

Rano meets her sister's eyes, having an sudden spark of excitement building inside of her.

Rano: Di, it's him! Him him! This is the man Pia di was trying to set you up with past Christmas!
Bani: Wait, what? Rano, what-what are you saying?
Rano: You remember that Christmas party Di was forcing us to go to because it was one of her very close friend's party.... Jigyasa.... Jigyasa
Bali was her name..... Jigyasa and Pia Di made plans of setting you up with her brother that night.... This is Jigyasa's brother!.... The man you stood up that night because of that emergency case you had!

Bani becomes speechless as her mind blanks out on hearing this news and continues to stare at her sister as if she is seeing her for the first time.

Bani: .... Wait.... you.... you're saying that Jai is the one I was supposed to meet that night?
Rano: Yes! (continuing on) And he didn't make it either because he had an ACCIDENT!

"That was you?...." Bani turns on hearing Jai's own shocked voice speak after a long moment of silence. She meets his baffled eyes with shock of her own.

Jai: You were the one I was going to meet that night.... Bani..... No wonder your name felt so familiar to me at first.... Now I know why..... Bani, I was supposed to meet you....
Bani: .... We... were supposed to meet each other...... Jai..... it was you.... you were that man? I... I can't believe this.... Do you think this is what Saahil was talking about? About the answer of why I can only see you? .... Do you think it's because we were supposed to meet that night but didn't?
Jai: (pondering over this himself) Maybe.....
Rano: Wow, this is just too freaky. ..... I mean... what are the odds of you falling in love with the spirit of the man Pia Di was trying so hard to set you up with to begin with?.... It just seems so.... wow.
Bani: (getting back on track) Wow indeed.... but now we really need to get him out of here if you want this sister of yours to finally be happy for once in her life....
Rano: Of course.....
Bani: Okay, then one three..... One.... two.... three!

They together lift Jai's body up from his bed and switch him onto the other, keeping his IVs and wires in check. At that exact moment, they hear the knob of the door turn---drawing all of their attention onto the slightly ajar door. However, it stops from opening any further as a ringing of a cell phone goes off and the person attends to it. Bani panics on seeing Meera through the creak of the door, talking on her cell, and whispers fiercely to Rano....

Bani: It's Meera!.....
Rano: What is she doing here?
Bani: She's Jai's doctor.....
Rano: Wow, just your luck Di....
Jai: Quick, she's going to come in any second....

Bani moves away from the hospital bed and rushes to the door, barging it open and startling Meera in the process who had just hung up the call. She looks at Bani with first surprise and then suspicion.

Meera: Dr. Dixit.... What were you just doing in my patient's room? (demanding)

Just as Bani struggles to come up with a proper reply, Rano appears with the hospital bed now occupied with Jai's unconcious body--- producing Meera's alarm even further.

Meera: Who are you? And what are you doing with my patient?
Rano: Eer.... I'm Dr. Singhania....
Meera: Dr. Singhania?
Bani: (cutting in) Yes, Dr. Singhania is apart of my team.....
Meera: Well would you two mind telling me then what you are doing with my patient? And where are you taking him?
Bani: Well Dr. Khandelwal..... Dr. Halthore sent me down here for final evaluation on the patient.....
Meera: (further surprised) I didn't get any verbal or written instructions regarding this.....
Bani: Well there is new evidence to support that the body's full functionality can be restored. Hence we need to run some tests. My team is waiting with a signed order from Dr. Halthore.
Meera: (eying her carefully) Well this is the first that I am hearing any of this. Let me just call Dr. Halthore himself and confirm with him....
Bani: Of course. (replying sweetly as she can)

As Meera takes out of her cellphone, not removing her gaze off of a calm appearing Bani, Jai mutters into Bani's hear.....

Jai: Bani.... we do not have any signed order from your boss....
Bani: (whispers) I know.....
Jai: Then what now?
Bani: We run..... Rano, now!

Before Meera has a chance to process anything that is going on, she is punched hard in the face by "Dr. Singhania" causing her to fall down to the ground. Moments later once she regains herself, she catches the fleeting image of the two doctors running off with her patient in tow.... She quickly collects her phone and dials security....

As they run down the halls, pushing the hospital bed with great force, Rano practically exclaims....

Rano: Oh man Di, isn't this just a thrill? One felony after another! But I have to admit, I'm a little scared of the consequences. What if we get caught and go to jail?!
Bani: (snaps) Shut up Rano! Don't freak out on me now!
Jai: Oh no....
Bani: What is it? Is Meera on our tail?
Jai: More than just Meera.... You now have my family on your tail..... and a couple of security guards....

Bani looks over her shoulder fleetingly to catch the appearances of a running Jigyasa and Aditya along side Meera accompanied with two muscular guards, trying to reach up to them. Her running pace grows quicker.... Just as they are about to enter the open elevator doors, a security guard rounding the corner, having spotted them, quickly runs and reaches them, taking hold of the bars on the bed. His grip loosens as Rano nearly tackles him to the ground and bites his arm, causing him to yelp in pain.

Rano: Di, go!!!!

Listening to her sister, Bani quickly presses the close doors button. She releases a sigh once she sees the steel doors close giving her temporary security.... She presses her back against the wall of the cart and tries to regain her breath. The gravity of the situation begins to sink inside of her. At this point, she is terribly screwed and there is no way of fixing it. Her whole medical practice has gone down the drain.... but she could care less. If Jai is by her side, nothing else matters to her--- just him.

Jai: How do you suppose we'll get out?
Bani: (anxious) I don't know.... I really don't know.... But we have to try....
Jai: Bani.... You have to be the most foolish woman I know by risking your career like this, but I can't help but be eternally grateful towards you..... I won't ever forget this....

Before Bani can do more than just cast a smile in his way, the doors open once again bring her back to reality .....She steers the bed when taking turns and once the view of the hospital's exist doors become clear, her legs strut faster in order to escape...... Just when hope seems to sweep inside of her, it comes crashing down once a surge of security guards block the exit and quickly begin to swarm around them.... Bani gazes around herself, knowing that they have become trapped. She finally meets Jai's eyes, who shares the same look in hers..... defeat.

"Stop right there! Hold it! Hold it!" one the guards yells at her, making her freeze in her place. Seconds later Jigyasa and Aditya appear in sight with Meera at their side. To her left Bani finds Rano being held captive in the same guard's hands whom she had bitten moments before. Hope begins to leave her and she grows desperate.....

Bani: Jai.....

She stares into his pale face.... and follows his gaze onto his own body, still remaining unconcious on the bed. That is when she realizes something amiss....

Jai: My breathing tube.... it's gone.....
Bani: What? Oh no.... No!
Jai: Bani.... it's too late.....
Bani: Jai, stay with me.... Stay with me, please! ....

She pleads with a fresh set of tears glistening in her eyes as her heartbeat rises dangerously fast..... The drumming of her heart pounding in her ears. She watches how he finally meets her desperate eyes with tears shining in his own. Her eyes widen as she sees his image going faint.....

Bani: (gasps) Jai....
Jai: Bani, it's time.... time for me to go...... I can feel it.....
Bani: (chokes on her forming tears) Nooo.....

His image grows fainter and lighter, seeming to slowly blend into the air.... Tears fall rapidly from her eyes as she feels her heart wrenching inside....

Bani: Please, don't leave me Jai.... Don't go.... (whimpers)

"Baanii..." she hears his last whisper as he disappears from sight, vanishing into thin air......Her eyes remain wide in shock by this, her head reeling as an aftermath and fails to hear the orders fired at her from security around.

"Dr. Bani Dixit.... you are to remain still..... do not move an inch.... You are a threat to this hospital and it's patients....." informs the leader of the guards, but his words fall to deaf ears as Bani's attention falls onto the monitor strapped onto Jai's bed, regulating his heartbeat...... the beeping begins to decrease, growing slower and slower as the green line on the screen descends and starts in creating a deadly straight line..... Her eyes land on the real Jai, laying motionlessly and on the grips of sinking into death's hands...

" I want to spend the last of my moments with you"---- "You are my family.... You're the only one I have now....." ----- "I feel as if your one touch can wake me up from all this....."

"No....Stay with me Jai," she breathes before taking his face into her hands and placing her lips onto his..... A sudden silence unfolds and Bani becomes unaware of her surroundings... seeming distant from everyone and everything....as if time has frozen and it was only her and Jai..... no one else.

A lone tear slips onto his cheek as her trembling lips break away from his cold ones and she whispers close to his ear..... "Jai, come back to me" before her arms are taken a hold of by the swarming guards, dragging her away from his body. She screams in protest and tries to release herself, desperately wanting to remain by her Jai's side. Not wanting to be separated from him.... to be with him forever.... Her heart drops as the consistent ringing of the monitor and the straight line convey the dreaded news she didn't wish to hear.....

"Jaaaiii!!!" she screams in anguish. Meera slowly approaches the hospital bed and places two fingers against the pulse on his neck. A dangerously silent moment later, she turns around to look at a pale looking Aditya and Jigyasa, watching the scene before them with huge eyes....

"Time of death.... 12:46 pm..... " she states after checking her watch. Jigyasa breaks into a fit of sobs and seeks solace in her husband's arms. The rest of the bystanders grow immediately silent. Bani stares at the lifeless body of the man she loves with disbelief..... her heart coming to a full stop..... her mind going blank..... and her breathing going still....

"Take her away and handle her. Make sure she doesn't get away. Mr. Halthore will deal with her...." Meera continues after a moment of silence while turning to look accusingly at Bani, who remains ash-faced, refusing to believe the inevitable. She feels a rough pull on her arm, but resists it's pulling..... her feet refusing to move from its place. She hears Jigyasa's sobbing grow stronger....

No, this can't be happening. Her Jai can't be gone.... He can't be dead. ..... He can't leave her. He just can't.....

Another rough pull on her arm causes her to step backward from her frozen place and just as she is willingly about to follow, having no energy left within her to fight, the sudden beeping of the machine returns.... Beep.......Beep......Beep.......Beep.....

Floored, Bani immediately whirls around to look directly at the monitor which regains a regular graph of the steady rhythm of a heartbeat..... Jai's heartbeat. Everyone around her still in their actions and turn their attention onto the monitor as well. The guard holding her in his captive releases her from his grip from sheer surprise..... allowing Bani to take slow steps forward, her eyes transfixed onto Jai's still face....

Then suddenly she sees his lips parting open and releasing a rough cough that rakes through his whole body.... Bani blinks away her tears as she stands stumped in her spot momentarily. She sucks in her breath....

"This.... this is impossible.... absolutely impossible... It can't be...," she faintly hears Meera's expressed words of sheer disbelief as her eyes remain rooted to his face.

Slowly his head moves gingerly to the side, in her direction, and long painstaking moments later.....his eyelids flutter open...... Gasps are released all around as he blinks dumbly about, trying to regather his surroundings and senses before settling his eyes back onto her..... The intensity of his stormy gray eyes jolts life back into her. The corners of his lips, which she had kissed just moments before, twitch into a weak smile.... his eyes dancing with the mischief she grew accustomed and familiar with from these past few weeks....

"Not so bad of a kisser, doc.... But don't worry.... I'll gladly give you lessons soon enough.... " he speaks in his husky voice....

Bani stares shell-shocked at him for a long moment before she erupts into a fit of laughter as a rush of water wells all over again in her bright eyes.... flowing down freely onto her cheeks as tears of joy.....

**********************************************************************************************

Decided to end the story in a similar way as the movie, but altered it a bit. Hopefully it's not disappointing. I'm really not proud of this chapter and am extremely disappointed with myself on how it has turned out, but it's all that i could manage to write. I've tried to change it, but simply couldn't. Please do forgive me for this awful part.

And Eva, sorry hun that I didn't use your ideas, did try to fit some in but i had this ending in mind for some time now. hopefully you're not upset with me.

Would like to thank each and everyone of you for reading this story and giving me such wonderful responses. I'm so glad that you all enjoyed the story and hopefully haven't disappointed you at any point.

There are actually two ways that I wanted to end this story. This is just one way. I'm planning on writing the alternative ending and posting it as soon as I can along with the epilogue. So please do stay tuned until I post those. Thanks for reading. 😳

Love,
Dil

Edited by Indian_Goddess - 15 years ago
Heartbreak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey there Dil that was really cool. 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊
Espesialy Rano she is reallyfunny but a bit crazy girl. πŸ˜‰
byebye
Love Perveen
Edited by Heartbreak - 15 years ago
hooman thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey!
That was really cool..
Hahaha Rano is super hilarious..cant really imagine the Rano in KS behaving like this..
I haven't seen this movie before but the ending is like a typical hindi movie dramatic ending..awesome!!
cant wait for the alternate ending and epilogue..
nadia
iloveserials thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey somehow missed reading this story. will read it later and get back with my comments soon.
Gr8 to know you have finished one FF. Read this part but let me read it from the beginning to give my feedback.
spiriT20 thumbnail
Dil you did great justice to this story, even this chapter. Myself and my roomies give you two thumbs up.
P.S. Loving the forum and all the wonderful stories, gives us something to do when we have a break in betweent classes.
This is good therapy for the mind, it helps you to unwind at the during different time of the day.
Could you please update Meena's incomplete life.
Thank you,☺️
suwas thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nice filmy end. Prim & proper bani did crazies thing for her love.

Waiting for epilogue & continuation of along came Jai.
scorpion3110 thumbnail
Hey Hun I actually liked it. My Bani would never have had the guts to try kidnap Jai. Hehehe. loved the punch by Dr. Singhania lol. U have got to love Rano.
I was so scared when the guards finally caught upbut Im glad it all worked out fine.
looking forward to epilogue
love
Eva
baran thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

hiiii..

very very nice FF....πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
thnx 4 the very beautiful ending....😭😭 😳
loved ur story alot...
sh.