waiting egarly for next part
šŸ˜­
šŸ˜­
šŸ˜­
šŸ˜­
Indian_Goddess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
So sorry guys, I know I haven't updated this FF in a while. I promise I will start working on it. I've just been caught up in things. Please bear with me. šŸ˜³

Love,
Dil

scorpion3110 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
pls update soon šŸ˜­. cant wait for bani's reaction
Chirmiya thumbnail

this is a really interesting FF..but is jai really dead..i mean is there no way he's gonna b alive again??

im really lookin foward to the rest doh...and i think i might check out ur other(s) FF(s)

Indian_Goddess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hey all, remember this FF at all? šŸ˜† So sorry guys for the LONG wait. Really, I feel extremely bad. I didn't do it purposely. I was busy with exams before and then went through a non-writing mood. But I got a PM from a reader who encouraged me to start up on the update again. Thanks a lot Eva, this update I am dedicating to you. HOpe I haven't disappointed you. It's short, but it's something. Didn't want to keep you and everyone else waiting any longer. Will work on the next installment right away and post it up soon.

Hope you all enjoy. Please do leave comments. Otherwise I will think no one is interested in the story anymore.

Chapter 12:

Bani's wide eyes stare at him with disbelief and she becomes speechless by what she hears. Her mind whirls with panic and anxiety with even the possibility of the thought. She musters a few words to speak, her voice trembling as they leave her mouthā€¦.

Bani: Wh-what do you mean they are going to take you off life support? ā€“Th-they cannot do that! H-howā€”they-

Jai: It is Meera's best consultā€¦ (says with a sneer) She has even prepared the paperwork and is waiting for my sister to signā€¦.

Shock continues to linger inside of her and she can feel her eyes growing wet. She falls down onto the couch nearby her as Jai proceeds in standing, looking grim. They are going to take him off life support? But that would mean--- Jai would really be dead, really be gone. Would his spirit leave as well? No, she can't allow this to happen. They can't do this to himā€¦. or to her. She has to figure out how to stop this from happening. Because if he is goneā€¦. who knows what will happen to herā€¦ how she will take it. She cannot live without himā€”she knows that now.

As quickly as she had sat down, Bani sprang back up with determination. Jai watches her with focused eyes as she paces back and forth, running her hand down her hair, while mumbling quietly to herself. Suddenly she stops and turns to him, looking him straight in the eye.

Bani: Weā€¦ We need to convince your sister not to sign the papersā€¦. It's the only thing we can do to buy us some more time. Then we need to figure out how we can revive you--- or show some improvement in your health to convince the doctors on your case that there is still a chance for you to come out of your comma.

Jai: And if we can't?

He asks gently, awakening further fear inside of Bani as she shudders from his question.

Jai: (repeats) What if we can't Bani? Then what will happen? ā€¦. What will you do?

She looks deep into his intense eyes that look back at her for answers. No, she can't think the worse, she decides firmly. She has to believe. She can't back down now and allow for this to happen. She has to at least try and prevent it from happening.

Bani: Jai, don't-don't think like that. It'll happen. Besides, your sister wouldn't sign the papers. She loves you too much.

A solemn look grows on his face as he runs his fingers through his thick hair and shakes his head gently, seeming unsure.

Jai: ā€¦ I don't know if she won'tā€¦.. I'm sure Meera has put her in doubt whether she should sign or notā€¦. And Aditya will talk to her about it reasonablyā€¦. to not think emotionally. Perhaps she will let me go because she loves me so much and would want the best for me.

Frustration overcomes her at their given situation. Here they are, in a battle between life and death. And so far, death has an advantageā€¦..

Bani: (frantically) I can speak to her! Give her my consult! Tell her not to sign!

Jai: And what reason would you give to her, Bani? How will you be able to convince her? As it is, you are not on the case, so your consult will be irrelevant. But if you could figure out how to get yourself in thenā€”

Bani: (cutting in) I've tried, Jai. But my boss won't let me. And if I try to persuade any further, he will surely get suspicious. If he learns that it is because of personal reasons, he will make sure to keep me away.

Jai's grim builds and Bani resumes to her fast pacing, twiddling with her fingers anxiously in the meanwhile. She again stops abruptly and turns to him.

Bani: (hastily) For now all I can think of right now is to keep your sister from signing those papers. That is the most important thing for us to do. Iā€¦. I can tell her that you're still here. Yes, I will tell her that. I-I can talk to her for you, let her know that you're fine. And then we---

Jai: (cutting in) No, Bani. It's not going to work. She's just going to think you're a lunatic.

Bani: But Jaiā€”Come on. This can't just be it. We have to do something!

Jai: (gives a dry laugh) Bani, there's no way anyone's going to believe that I'm still here. And if you tell anyone otherwise, you will just end up in a straight jacket. ā€¦. There's nothing that we can do. I guess this is just how it's supposed to be.

Bani opens her mouth to counter attack him, tell him to quit with the negativity, that there's still hope, until a thought crosses her mind. She looks at him with wide eyes.

Bani: But there is Jaiā€¦.. There is someone else who can helpā€¦.

Jai: (puzzled, full attention onto her) What do you mean?

But instead of answering him, Bani goes to retrieve her coat and gestures for him to quickly follow after her. "Come on," she beckons for him before opening her apartment door with a look of determination set on her face. Deeply confused and intrigued in what is on her mind, without another word, he follows after herā€¦..

********************************************************************************************************************

"Saahil!" Bani exclaims as she enters into the small shop, filled with books towering up to the ceiling and all sorts of odd posters hung on the white walls. The mousy young man looks up from his thick stacks of books and gives a look of recognition to her. Bani attempts in squeezing herself through the cramped space to approach him at his front counter. Jai, mutely, joins her.

Saahil: You've brought the spirit with you. (states bluntly)

Bani: (haste and to the point) Yes. You were right all along about him. He's alive.

Saahil: Aaahh, excellent.

Bani: But he's in a comma and his family may be thinking of taking him off life support.

Saahil: Ooh, not so excellentā€¦ā€¦ So what, you two are finally socializing with each other now?

Bani and Jai share a look at this before averting their gazes away and returning them onto the curious spiritual boy.

Bani: (sheepishly) We'veā€¦. We've reached an understanding.

Saahil: Yeah, I can tellā€¦. And I happen to be sensing some pretty intense feelings that he has for you. (ending slyly)

With baffled eyes, Bani glances over to Jai, who removes his hands from his pant pockets and straightens up in an alert manner. He suddenly grows flustered.

Jai: (immediately) No, I don't.

Bani turns back to look at Saahil, who has a knowing grin on his face. She blushes dark red and asks hopefully, "Really?" Saahil's smile broadens. "Totally," he replies. Jai seems to grow even more uncomfortable and hastily cuts in, "It is nothing but total gratitude for what you're doing for me. Anyways, what does this have anything to do with the point?"

Saahil gives a chuckle while stating, "Oooh, somebody is major embarrassed." Jai casts a glowering look toward the boy and mutters, "No, I am not." And then turning to look at Bani he exclaims, "Can we focus here?" Bani curtly nods her head, but discreetly hides the pleased smile on her face. From the corner of her eye she sees him running his fingers through his hair, anxiously.

Bani: Um, anyways. We're here to ask if there is anythingā€”like any spell, or a chant, --an electric shock---ANYTHING that can put his spirit back into his body?

Saahil: Whoaā€¦. You two are totally asking the wrong question.

While Jai raises a brow, Bani asks with surpriseā€¦. "How are we asking the wrong question?" The both of them watch as Saahil leans back into his chair with crossed arms.

Saahil: Look, I have the gift. Definitely didn't ask for it, but I do. I can sense all these ghosts, spirits, or whatever you wanna call them. Why are they hanging around here in the first place?--- That's according to their own unfinished business.

Bani: Soā€¦. Does that mean that I have the gift too?

Saahil: Nah, you so do not have it.

Bani: But then, if I don't have it, how is it that I can see and talk to him when no one else can?

Suddenly a mysterious smile creeps onto Saahil's lips as well as a gleam in his dark brown eyes. Bani looks at him cautiously by this.

Bani: What?

Saahil: Now thatā€¦. is the right question, my friend.

******************************************************************************************************************

"What in the world did he mean by that?" she questions Jai as they enter her apartment, throwing down her coat onto the couch. She sighs and sits down by the large windows, the lights from the city shining bright, bringing out a couple of books onto the small round table, and flipping through its pages with interest. Jai watches her do this with puzzlement.

Jai: What are those?

Bani: Huh? Oh, just some books that I had checked out from before. --- God, I feel like it is right there in front of me, but I just can't grasp onto it. (expresses)

Jai: (shrugs) How do you solve a problem in the first place that isn't possible?

Bani: Anything's possibleā€¦. Well, I believe that now.

She replies while her eyes linger on him for a moment before looking back down into her books.

Bani: Nothing's even impossible to me anymore. I mean, why did I move into this apartment? Why is it that I can see you when no one else can? It all--- it all just seems connected to me somehow.

The pace of her fingers quicken as the pages are flipped through in an anxious manner.

Jai: What are you doing?

Bani: I feel like I've missed something in hereā€¦.

As Bani's eyes refuse to leave the pages of the old, brown covered book, Jai switches his gaze elsewhere until they land on a particular object, laying not so far awayā€¦.

Jai: Heyā€¦. Where did you get this?

Startled out of her searching, Bani glances up and finds Jai gazing into the photo frame held in his hands. A blush creeps onto her cheeks as she realizes she has been caught.

Jai: This was in the hospitalā€¦. Jigyasa had brought it in.

Bani begins to stammer while she avoids looking into his intense eyes which gaze at her with interest.

Bani: Iā€¦. I'm sorryā€¦. I took it. I justā€¦. I just didn't know if I would ever see you again ā€¦. I wanted a picture of youā€¦ (finishing softly)

A faint smile appears on his lips before he looks back down at the picture before him of him holding his niece and nephew close in his arms.

Jai: (matching her tone) It's okayā€¦.

His smile widens as his eyes continue taking in the picture. Slowly he sits down beside her with the frame in hand, never taking his eyes off of it.

Jai: I really love this pictureā€¦. It was Anu's fourth birthday party. We went on a picnic at the beach. ā€¦. That was our last family outing together before my accidentā€¦.

Bani watches his face, conflicted with so many emotions at onceā€¦. stuck in reminiscing old times. She softly places a hand onto his transparent arm, wanting to give him some comfort despite knowing he cannot feel her touch.

Bani: You look really happyā€¦..

Jai: (smiles) I wasā€¦.

Slowly his smiles fades as he lowers the frame down and a solemn look consumes his face.

Jai: ā€¦. As well as naveā€¦. I took life for grantedā€¦. Never did I think that any of this could happen to meā€¦. If I knew that the end of my time was near, I would have done so muchā€¦. lived my life to the fullest. Maybe even had started a family of my ownā€¦. But now it's too late.

Bani: Jaiā€¦ don't say thatā€¦ There's still time. We can still go and see your sister or even go see Meeraā€”

Jai releases a sigh while looking up at her with a defeated look. He places the picture down onto the table.

Jai: You knowā€¦ I just don't want to spend the last of my time regrettingā€¦ or fighting my fate. ā€¦

Bani: (looking at him keenly) Then what do you want to do?

Jai: ā€¦. Iā€¦ I want to do somethingā€¦. With youā€¦.

He finishes while boring into her eyes with his own gray piercing onesā€¦. She feels flutters occurring inside of her and finally nods her head as his words start to register. She springs up from the couch and looks at him with a sudden burst of energyā€¦.

Bani: Okayā€¦. What do you want to do? You name it and we'll go right nowā€¦ Anywhereā€”we can go anywhere in the worldā€”do anything you want. You just say itā€¦.

Jai grins at her in an endearing her, finding her immensely cute at the moment. He chuckles a little at her encouragement. He lies back against the couch, spreading his arms out against the top edges of it.

Jai: You are really cute, Bani. You know that?

Bani flushes by his bold words and shares his small grin. She approaches him back at the couch and sits down beside him, looking at him intently.

Bani: Tell meā€¦ What is it that you want to do?

A look of deep thought spreads across his face and finally his gray eyes meet her once more. He looks at her with a bit of hesitance.

Jai: There is one thing I want to doā€¦.

********************************************************************************************************************

Bani tries to make herself comfortable against the mattress, but cannot get rid of the nerves existing inside of her. Again she fidgets in her place until she hears a soothing voice stop her.

Jai: Relax docā€¦. I'm not going to eat youā€¦ I cannot even touch youā€¦.

Bani: (meekly, embarrassed) I knowā€¦. It's just thatā€¦ I've never been in bed with a man beforeā€¦.

Suddenly aware of the words that have slipped out from her mouth, Bani raises herself to look at him with panic-stricken expression on her face.

Bani: Thatā€¦ That didn't come out rightā€¦. I didn't mean to say it like that---

Jai bursts out into a rumbling laughter while Bani feels like an utter fool. She places her back against the mattress again and stares up at the ceiling, listening to her companion's laughter.

Bani: It's not funnyā€¦. (sighs) We could be doing anything right nowā€¦. But you want to do this?

Jai: Why, am I not the man you want in your bed?

Bani: (blushes) Shut up. I mean it.

Jai: (sincerely) Yes, I want to do this. Baniā€¦. It doesn't matter where we goā€¦. The fact that I am spending my last moments with you, that is enough for me.

Her heart skips a beat as she drowns herself into his beautiful eyes.

Bani: ā€¦. B-butā€¦ Why me?

Jai rolls over to his side and rests his head into the palm of his head while gazing into her face.

Jai: Why not you?

Bani: Well, becauseā€¦ You can be spending it with your family.

Jai: Baniā€¦. You are my family. You have been for these past weeks. You're the only one I have nowā€¦.

Stunned by his words, Bani remains motionless and continues in drowning into his eyes. She feels a warmth sweep inside of her that begins in diminishing her previous nerves. She starts to feel relaxed and accept the state she is inā€¦. Spending this night with Jai is the more than she can wish forā€¦ She will not ruin itā€¦. She wants to make the most of it.

Bani watches as Jai's intense gaze does not switch off of her. He brings his hand forward and very slowly places his fingers against the smooth surface of her face. They trail from her eyes down to the bride of her nose and linger against her rose petal lips. Bani holds in her breath as she catches the darkening of his eyesā€”never having seen them so dark before.

Jai: ā€¦ You knowā€¦. That day in the hospitalā€¦. I felt you. ā€¦ When you touched meā€¦. My spirit could feel it. ā€¦. I couldn't feel anyone else except youā€¦. I don't know whyā€¦. But I feel as if your touch can wake me up from all thisā€¦. (murmurs softly)

She stares back up at him, breathless by his words, and raises her hand up to smoothly place her fingers against his cheekā€¦ careful not to press further. She didn't know for how long they laid down like that, touching one anotherā€”feeling almost nothing, but a soft tingle, staring at one another as if drinking the other inā€”knowing that this would perhaps be their last time with one another. Soon enough, her eyelids closed and she fell into a peaceful sleepā€¦.

******************************************************************************************************************

The ringing of her cell phone woke her from her serene sleep and she woke up with a start. She tries to adjust her blurry eyes to her surroundings and search for her obnoxiously ringing phone. She pushes of her covers and locates it not so far awayā€¦.

Bani: Hello?

Roshini: Hello, Bani? Hi, it's Roshini.

Bani: Roshini? How come you are calling so early in the morning?

Roshini: (laughs) It is hardly that early, Bani. It's nearing the afternoon. Anyways, I called to congratulate you.

Bani: (raises her brows) Congratulate me? For what?

Roshini: Well, the apartment is officially yours for however long you want. Your lease may be extended. I'm going to send it over and speak to you about it tomorrow.

Bani: Wait, what? My lease can be extended? Why?

She questions, having a bad feeling about all of this and wondering what the reason behind this can be.

Roshini: (still in a cheerful mood) Remember I told you about the previous tenant? Well he was in a comma or something and there seems to be no improvement so they have decided to pull the plug. But it's great news, right? It's all yours now-- even the furniture. ā€¦. Bani? ā€¦. Bani, you there?

Bani cuts the call and throws her cell phone onto the mattress. Her head spins from the news she has received. They are going to pull the plug. Jigyasa has decided after allā€¦..

*****************************************************************************************************************

scorpion3110 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yaaaaaayyyy!!!! u posted finally!!!! love u so muchšŸ¤—šŸ¤—šŸ¤—

i havent read it yet, will go back and do that now. just wanted to say thank u first

ok now Im back after reading it and all I can say AWESOME!!! so much better than what I was imagining.

Sahil could sense some pretty intense feelings from Jai, and Jai getting uncomfortable, How cute is that.

LMAO at Bani'sWell I've never been in bed with a man before. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
But wait what Jai doing in bed with her? naughty naughty Jai, even as a spirit. šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
Trust Roshini to be the bearer of bad news. Cant wait to see what Bani does next.
Please do update soon.
this is going to be me till thenšŸ˜ šŸ˜

"ā˜ŗļø at the dedication" Eva
Edited by scorpion3110 - 15 years ago