Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
gr8 part
poor jai
pls cont soon
ragamthalam0 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey didnt realize u update, finally we know where jai is, wonder wat bani will do now ? pls continue soon
kamy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
that was a fab update dil. so now jai bani and we know whr jai is. what's going to happen now? waiting for the update and pls post soon...
love
kamy
sweetjatti01 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
good jod plz contiu,
i love dis one, this story reminds of tht movie I SEE YOU of arjun rampal n tht english movie of resse forgot da name.
ducky_euro thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG, jai is in coma?!?!?! please dont let him die
i really would like to see JB together, but then jai as a human with his own body.......... omg this part touched me!
cont soon (not a month later please, im just too curious :-) )

SA
RANJANA_RRJ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Nooooooo!!! he will be finem he will be fine, he will be fine. (just giving myself some courage) glad to see you back Dil. Hope your exams went fine. Thanks for a wonderful part it was like i was watching a detective serial. I have to say, Bani Bond did some great work!
byebye
ranjana
psiripurapu thumbnail
thank you for your wonderful update and your story like bollywood style they should make movie out of your story
Indian_Goddess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Please excuse any mistakes. I didn't read what I wrote. 😕 Hope you enjoy though. 😊

Chapter 10:

After hailing down a cab, Bani sat down in the backseat of the vehicle in shock. Even Jai seemed shaken, very unlike himself. She shakes her head in disbelief and looks over to Jai with wide eyes.

Bani: All this time you have been right under my nose…. In my very hospital… for the past four months… and I didn't know anything…. How could that be? This is all just so…. (voice trailing off, again shaking her head from disbelief) I can't believe this…. I just can't….

Jai: Don't beat yourself up about it, doc… You didn't know… How could you have known? Bombay Hospital's big—you can't possibly know all the patients that are admitted there…

Bani: But still… If I had known, I could have done something… I could have taken over your case… I could have gone over the details and help in trying to save you…. (her ideas becoming excited) …. But all this time it didn't hit me that something like this could happen….

Jai: Life works in mysterious ways, Bani….

Bani looks back ahead, not being able to get over this blowing shock, and her head reeling with many thoughts. Seeing the driver eye her suspiciously through the rear view mirror, she averts her gaze and again stares over at Jai and looks straight into his eyes with her bright honey eyes shining at him…

Bani: … I'm going to help you, Jai… In any way I can…. I promise….

Jai looks back at her and smiles softly, appreciating the genuine care in her voice.

Jai: (assuring) I know you will, doc…. I know you will….

***********************************************************************************

"Radhika, may I know the whereabouts about the patient Jai Walia? Where his room number is?" Bani asks professionally as she approaches the nurse at the counter desk. Radhika looks up and smiles sweetly at Bani. "Of course doctor. One moment…," she replies and searches through her information on the computer, searching for the details about the patient. In a few moments she locates him and dutifully informs Bani. "He is in room 308." "Thank you," Bani warmly replies, grateful for the given information. "Doctor, are you taking over the case?" Radhika suddenly asks. A look of uncertainty passes on Bani's face, not knowing how to answer her. "You can say so. From now on I am planning to be a part of the case. Why do you ask?" "Well because Dr. Khandelwal is in charge, has been for the past four months. I was just seeing why there is a sudden change in control of the case." Stunned on hearing this, Bani glances to Jai, standing beside her, who shares her surprise.

"No change for now, Radhika. And thank you. I will see you later," Bani says in a haste to avoid any further questioning. The nurse smiles brightly and cheerfully responds, "Your welcome. Have a good day."

***********************************************************************************

She scans through the hallway in a scurry in order to locate the room. As she does, she halts in front of the large door and stares at the number plate hung high up beside it. She looks to Jai whose eyes seek her as well. Even without words, the both knew the other were experiencing the same….

Taking in a deep breath, Bani reaches for the doorknob and opens it. She enters hesitantly into the private room and walks around a corner, with Jai following behind, and is floored on seeing the hospital bed directly on the other side of the room and with a man laying in it. A gasp escapes her mouth and from the corner of her eye she sees Jai walk past her and become drawn to the sight. His face growers paler and paler by the second. He stops by the foot of the bed, staring down at the man attached to the multiple IVs and machines with an oxygen mask hovering over his mouth and nose. He is unconscious to the world, not among the living, but not among the dead as well—adorned in one of the hospital gowns and covered midway with a white blanket. His features resemble his own strikingly but the face of the man contained a few scratches here and there. Slowly Jai turns around and stares at Bani with his powerful eyes….

"…. It's me," he says as softly as a whisper. With her insides chaotically spinning, Bani takes small steps to the both of them, the spirit Jai and the living Jai. As she joins Jai at the foot of the bed, staring down at his human body, her eyes fall on his living face and feels water rise in her eyes on seeing him in this state. "It is you," she responds in the same lowered tone. Jai gives her a soft smile at the amazement in her tone. She looks back over to his human form and goes closer, feeling pulled towards him like a magnet. She takes a closer look at him, taking in his appearance, and relishing on the fact that he is actually alive. Bani gives a watery chuckle.

Bani: All this time I thought you were a ghost….

Jai shares her small laugh.

Jai: …. I told you Bani…. I'm alive….

She nods her head in agreement and stares more and more at his human face, not being able to take her eyes off of him. Even when in this state, he is unmistakably handsome—the same good looking features there. He, however, lacks what the spirit Jai possesses—…. and that is Life. Bani's fingers itch to touch him, to see if it really is him and not just an illusion. Just as her fingers brush against his forehead, her head jerks up to look over to Jai and silently with quiet eyes she seeks permission. Jai simply nods his head in encouragement.

Jai: Go ahead….

Her fingers touch his skin in fascination and she caresses his forehead, cheeks, and jaw with them—brushing gently along the features of his face. A sensation sweeps across Jai's face and his brows rise in surprise. He touches his own face and looks to Bani, caressing the face of his human body, in astonishment. He can feel her touching him—his spirit can feel her.

Bani: Oh Jai….

She whispers in grief while brushing aside a strand of his hair and running her fingers gently through his hair to fix them.

Bani: It's… It's so surreal…. Seeing you in this state…. You shouldn't be like this…. You deserve to live…

She expresses her thoughts and inner most feelings while looking up and meeting Jai's eyes from across the bed. He gives her a small sad smile as a response and stares at his own face for a long moment. Suddenly she is reminded of something and walks back to the foot of the bed, taking the chart into her hands that rests along it.

Jai: What are you doing?

He asks, his attention diverted onto her and her actions. Bani's brows scrunch together as she intently reads the data on the sheets.

Bani: I am looking through your case…. Jai, you are in a very critical state… You have been on life support since the day of your accident… It is as if the doctors are now treating you as a vegetable… They are now saying that chances of you waking up are slim compared to before…. They are not expecting you to wake up any time soon, Jai…

She informs him regrettably while looking up and locking her eyes with his own. The look on Jai's face dampens and he seems wearied. He attempts, though, to smile to comfort her more than himself.

Jai: Things happen you know… Maybe this is what is meant to be…

Alarmed by his losing hope, Bani opens her mouth to immediately refute him and give him courage, but is interrupted by the turn of the room's doorknob. Panicked, as she hadn't planned on being caught, Bani contemplates on what to do. She isn't given much time, though, as the door flies open in less than a second and pairs of feet enter the room….

Immediately Bani hears excited cheering and then a male voice warning, "Kids, settle down. What did we discuss in the car? The hospital is not a playground nor is it a place for any of your mischief. We're here to visit your Mamaji so be good children and maybe Papa will think of treating you two out later." Captivated with the possibility of having treats later, the two children (a boy and a girl) put a stop to their ruckus and listen obediently to their father. "Yes, Papa," they reply but snigger at one another and rush into the room in excitement to see their favorite uncle. Bani stands frozen at the corner of the room on seeing the two sets of children (the boy being no bigger than six and the girl four) and on the man who helps a woman who enters a few seconds later—carrying a bundle in her arms.

"Here sweetheart, give the baby to me," he offers after placing down the flowers in his hands off to the side and turning to his wife (she assumes). His wife gives him a small smile of appreciation and carefully hands the baby into his arms. She breathes a sigh of relief and walks further into the room as well. Spotting her two children standing on either side of the patient and touching the tubes connected to him and fiddling with the oxygen mask, she hurriedly approaches to stop them.

"Ranveer! Anu! You two, do not touch any of the wires or anything else. I have told you many times do not meddle with any of the things here," she frowns hard at them and makes sure to fix the things they had messed with. Anu, her four year old daughter, stares up at her with wide gleaming eyes.

Anu: Mama, how come Mamaji is always sleeping when we come to visit him? …

Ranveer: (complaining)Yes Mama, Mamaji is never awake….

Anu: Does he not like us anymore?

She speaks once more, but her tone lowered that too of hurt. The mother, alarmed on seeing her daughter becoming upset, pulls her tiny body into her arms and strokes her hair.

"Of course not baby, your Mamaji loves you very much. Why would you think of something like that?" her mother questions.

Anu: Veer Bhaiya said that Mamaji pretends to be asleep so he doesn't have to play with us….

Ranveer: No, I didn't say that. (stubborn)

Anu: Yes, you did.

Ranveer: No I didn't.

Anu: Uh-huh.

Ranveer: Nuh-huh.

"Stop it you two…. Listen to me. Your Mamaji needs all the rest he can get. He is not feeling good."

Ranveer: Is he sick?

"Yes, he is very sick."

Anu: Why is he very sick?

The mother sighs and looks over to her husband who gives her a shrug and goes back to lulling the baby to sleep. She switches her gaze to look to her resting brother, but the sight of someone else standing in the corner across his bed captures her attention. Bani becomes uncomfortable on being finally acknowledged in the room as well. She sneaks a glance at Jai, but is surprised in not finding him by her side, but by the two little children near the window.

"Oh, we didn't know anyone else was in this room," she comments while looking at Bani. Bani now is aware of the man turning to look at her as well. The children, however, remain in a world of their own—bickering quietly with each other. Bani moves away from the corner and stands tall in order to regain her confidence.

Bani: I'm sorry, I was taken aback on seeing you all coming in. I should have introduced myself.

The couple remain looking at her clueless, waiting for her to continue. Bani licks her dry lips before extending her hand forward in order to introduce herself.

Bani: I am Dr. Bani Dixit.

"Oh, doctor? But where is Dr. Khandelwal? Isn't she head in charge?" the man questions.

Bani: Yes, but she is busy at the moment wrapped up in surgeries. So I have come here, in her place, in order to make some checkups on the patient.

She says convincingly even though it was all lies. She didn't know if Meera was in surgery or not. In fact, she doesn't know where Meera is at present at all. The couple finally come forward and take her hand, introducing themselves as well.

"I am Jigyasa Bali and this is my husband, Aditya Bali. Jai Walia is my older brother," Jigyasa informs after withdrawing her hand. Bani nods in acknowledgement, remembering her name from Tarun. As Bani is immersed in a conversation of introductions with the concerned couple, Jai watches his niece and nephew standing right before him arguing profusely with one another. He feels emotions stirring inside of him on seeing his sister's kids, who he spoiled rotten since their births.

Jai: God you two have grown so much since the last time I have seen you….

Ranveer: Budu, those are not for you. Those flowers are for Mamaji.

Anu: Jai Mama won't mind if I take one flower…

Ranveer: Mama says that the flowers will cheer Mamaji up and get him good again… You wan't Mamaji to be good again, don't you?

Anu: Bhaiya, Mamaji knows I like flowers… He will understand…

Ranveer: Put it back Anu…

He says while snatching the flower from her hands. Anu protests and snatches it back.

Anu: No, I want it!

Ranveer: You are a brat, put it back!

Anu: I'm going to tell Mama!

Ranveer: Mama will get mad at you. You are taking flowers from Mamaji!

Anu: Mama!!!

Jai chuckles on seeing this whole scene unfold before him. He didn't realize up until this point how much he really truly loves these kids with all his heart. Their childish banters always prove to give him entertainment.

Anu's scream draws the attention of all adults and even the infant, who wakes up from the sound and immediately begins to wail. Aditya attempts to rock the baby back to sleep. It is the wailing of the baby that finally draws Jai's attention to him. Stunned, he rises from his sitting position and walks toward his brother-in-law who murmurs for the baby to go to sleep. Jai stands behind Aditya's shoulder and stares down at the baby boy cradled in his father's arms. He is mesmerized by the handsome looking thing, completely taken after his mother. Gears begin shifting in Jai's minds trying to fit this together. Jigyasa had been six months pregnant before his accident… The baby is at least a month old.

Jigyasa: Anu, what is it? Look at what you have done. You have woken up Jai. You know how long it took your father and I to put him to sleep.

Beyond confused, Jai looks over to his hassled looking sister. Bani shares his confusion as she is unable to understand Jigyasa.

Bani: I'm sorry, but I believe no noise really will wake up the patient since he is in a coma, as you know.

Jigyasa: Oh yes. Of course we know that. I did not mean my brother. I meant my son, Jai, my six week year old baby. His name is Jai Saahil Bali…. I wanted to name him after my brother's sake… (her voice drifts toward the end)

Blown over by this piece of news, Jai stares at his sister as if he is seeing her for the first time in his life. He is unable to fathom this, having no words to express how honored and grateful he feels towards her and Aditya for naming their son after him. His eyes grow soft and a look of delight crosses his face.

Jai: Jigs, I… I don't know what to say…. I feel so—

"Maaa!!!!!" Ranveer's screeching overcomes Jai's words and draws the attention of all the adults in the room.

Jigyasa: (snaps) Kya hai Veer? Don't you see Mama is talking?

Ranveer: But Anu punched me!

Aditya: Anu…. (sternly)

Anu: No, I didn't!

Ranveer: Yes, you did!

Anu: Nuh-huh!

Ranveer: Ya-huh!!!

Aditya: Stop it you two. Now come here. You two obviously have proven that you can't behave when we visit your Mamaji, so now you will wait outside.

He promptly orders and hands little Jai over to his wife before taking his two children's arms in his hold and ignoring the protest while taking them outside of the room. Jigyasa heaves a sigh of relief once they are gone.

Jigyasa: I am sorry. It has just gotten too hard to control them nowadays…

Bani gives a sympathetic smile in her direction and places a comforting touch on her upper arm.

Bani: It's understandable… You have two kids to take care of and recently have had a baby…. And with your brother…. It must all be very stressful….

She replies soothingly in an effort to comfort her. She watches as a slow smile appears on Jigyasa's face as her gaze remains on her.

Jigyasa: I like you a lot better than Dr. Khandelwal… Who did you say you are?

Bani: Dr. Dixit…

Jigyasa: (repeats) Dr. Dixit… For some reason you are familiar to me… Have we met before by any chance?

Confused by this, Bani softly shakes her head in disagreement. She has never met this woman before in her life as far as she knows. She shares a look of puzzlement with Jai as well who equally is confused by his sister.

Bani: Not that I recall….

Jigyasa: It is probably my mind playing tricks on me then…. Dr. Dixit, are you going to be on this case from here on out?

She wants to assure Jigyasa that she will be. That she wants to be. But she has no control over taking this case in her hands.

Bani: (smiles softly) Dr. Khandelwal will remain head in charge… But I will see to it that I check up on the patient and help out as much as I can….

Not completely satisfied by her answer, Jigyasa still smiles as a response. While cradling her baby in her arms, she looks over to her brother on the hospital bed and her smile turns to one of sorrow. She goes near the bed and softly places a hand on her brother's head.

Jigyasa: You're going to be better Bhaiya…. I promise…

She whispers for only him to hear. Bani looks at this fondly and watches as a look of pain with a mixture of hope builds on Jai's face as he too looks on at his sister with affection. Bani looks away after realizing that she shouldn't be here as it is a very personal matter and clears her throat to regain Jigyasa's attention for a moment.

Bani: I have done all the necessary checkups…. I will take your leave.

She says once Jigyasa turns to look at her. Jigyasa smiles understandingly and nods.

Jigyasa: Thank you doctor….

Jigyasa looks back to her brother and Bani stares over to Jai to catch his attention. As she catches his eye, she signals for him that they should leave. She sees a sad smile build on his lips as he looks back at her and slowly shakes his head at her with disagreement. Bani becomes stunned at this and throws him a questioning look. She watches him with a stone face as he walks over, his gallant height tumbling over hers, and their eyes clashing.

Jai: ….. It…. It's hard for me to say this, doc…. But… This is where our journey together ends….

His words echo around her and she feels as if she has been hit with a dose of cruel reality. Her eyes grow wide but he only looks the other way over to his sister, hovering over his human body.

Jai: You found me, Bani…. And you helped me find myself…. Now I am here… This is where I belong… This is where I have to stay…. This is where my fate lies… (he finishes softly)

Tears begin to form in her eyes and her heart wrenches from what he is trying to say, what he is trying to make her understand. He is leaving her…. This is where their journey ends, just like how he said. This is where they part…. She, however, opens her mouth to protest. Wanting to tell him many things… wanting to tell him that it doesn't have to end here. There is still a lot for them to do. She can get on the case, help him get better. They don't have to part ways yet.

Jai looks back to her and sees the conflicting emotions run across her face and her mouth open to voice her inner thoughts but he interrupts her before she can say anything.

Jai: I know what it is that you want to say, sweetheart…. But this is how it's supposed to be. Maybe you were only supposed to lead me to here…. Take me to where I belong… That is all. The rest is left to fate. …. Bani, there is nothing that you can do anymore…. I've got a team of doctors on my case….How would another doctor be help? … It wouldn't change things…. It won't change how I am in a comma…. Like I said, it's all up to fate now…

Her eyes bore into his own, quietly pleading to him—wanting to make him understand her views…. her thoughts…. her feelings…. and her heart. Again he looks away from her, not being able to stand the look in her eyes for too long.

Jai: Don't look at me like that, Bani…. You and I both knew this time would come… You knew it had to end like this… I can't be a spirit and haunt you forever, can I?

Why can't you? What is so wrong in doing that? –She wanted to scream at him, but she remains speechless. Her insides churn from what is about to become…

Jai: …. We've had some good times even though we fought like cats and dogs most of the time… (smiles gently) … which is why I'm going to miss you….

The tears in her eyes threaten to fall any second and fear swarms inside of her. The fear of never seeing Jai again. Once more she opens her lips, wanting to just tell him of her feelings, wanting him to stay with her for her own selfish wants, but is interrupted by a quiet voice….

"Dr. Dixit?" Jigyasa muses from surprise on still seeing Bani hanging around in the room. Startled, Bani looks over to Jigyasa after being acknowledged and fumbles for words even though she is at the brink of breaking out into sobs.

Bani: (croaks) Um, yes… Sorry, I was just leaving now…. Good day Mrs. Bali…

Jigyasa nods her head, dismissing her, and turns her attention back to her unconscious brother while holding her son closer in her embrace. Bani's eyes meet Jai's gray ones once more before reaching out and touching his handsome face…only to have her fingers go through him. Her gaze lowers and she quickly retreats out from the room, the clicking of her heels eventually fading away. Jai looks on after her until she disappears from view behind the door….

He lets out a sigh and feels an unfathomable amount of loss hit him. He is distracted though by the cooing of his nephew and draws his focus onto his sister, who affectionately runs her hand down his hair and then takes a grip onto his hand as if to give him comfort. Jai peers down at his left hand and his brows lower in confusion…

"Now why is it that I can feel her but not you…," he muses to himself….

Bani dumps her bag onto the floor as soon as she enters her apartment and allows the tears that linger in her eyes to finally stream down her face. Sobs arise in her and she gives into her want to cry over her broken heart. Entering her room, she lies down on her bed and smothers her face into her pillows…

"You fool,… who told you to go ahead and fall in love with a ghost," she scolds herself and then succumbs back into her growing tears….

**********************************************************************************

Be nice.

Heartbreak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That was really tear full for me I literally had tears in my eyes I wonder whats gone happen........?
byebye
Love Perveen
cheeze thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Aawwww poor Bani...........