Humanity comes first: Vibha Chibber

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

Humanity comes first: Vibha Chibber
by Vidhya Krishnan
Dec 18, 2008, Bangalore

As part of our column 'If I could...I would...' pertaining to social causes, Vibha Chibber speaks on the causes that she would fight for, if she could.

"I would first work on making some changes to the cleanliness of our society," said Vibha. "Firstly, I would start it myself and then go around creating awareness as much as possible. Secondly, I would do something to improve the conditions of certain people like the light boys who work day in and day out. I will make sure to at least provide them with the basic necessities. Of course, there are producers who do take good care but I personally would like to do something for them."

She continued: "There are a lot of things that we tolerate and I want that attitude to change. People do a lot of things in the name of religion; India has a great culture and we should really implement certain things like respecting all religions and different cultures. We should do everything in unity and equality. Above all, we should consider everyone human beings irrespective of other things."

Vibha added: "I have to mention the rights of women in our society. Though women are coming ahead, there are certain aspects in our society that still do not let them grow. For instance, the colour differences that are shown in 'Bidaai'…they still exist in our society. That is why it is shown and people still relate and watch it. Even the purdah system still exists, which is really sad."

She concluded: "The list will go on like this if I continue to talk so I would just like to conclude by saying that, on a personal level, I will do whatever is possible within my limitations. And I will bring about changes within my house and take it forward from there."

There's a lot on Vibha's list – it should encourage us to also do our bit for a better India. Keep watching this space for more thoughtful insights from your favourite TV stars.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/vibha_chibber_social_causes/december-18-2008/vibha_chibber_social_causes_fight_column.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Well said VibhaJi.... She is actually right ppl do things in pretex of many reasons.... anyways! Thanks for the article!!

Luv,

Shagun
Varsha-01 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Very true...Thanks for the article...