Article: Sujata Kumar aka Gurumaa

judyp thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Recovered from cancer Sujata Kumar is back on TV

Sujata Kumar will soon be seen in a cameo in Saat Phere as gurumaa. Having recently recovered from cancer, the actress is looking forward to her return on the small screen.

"I am playing Nahar's gurumaa in the show. Nahar has become swami in the show and I will be playing his foster mother. It is a cameo and will get over soon. It is very lovely to work with these people. I am quite fine with only doing cameos, because I cannot spend 25 days a month and 14 hours everyday on any daily show due to my health," says Sujata.

"I have been offered roles for daily which were full fledged roles but I could not take it up. I am also fine in taking episodic appearances like I will be doing one of episode for Koi Hai," adds the actress.

Sujata believes that working in films is much better than doing fserials at this point for her.

"I have just finished one film called Dia starring new actors Pawan and Sheetal which will be releasing in February. I have also finished a Shivam Nair's movie called Exchange Offer with Rahul Bose and Esha Deol. I am playing Om Puri's wife in the film and it was really pleasure working with them."

Sujata will also be a part of Delhi Belly. She will begin filming for that on December 21.

"I am playing a magazine editor in this movie. It is not a great role as such but I have worked with the director (Abhinay Deo) before this. He directed commercials in which I had worked. And how could I have left an offer to work under Aamir Khan's banner?" she says.

Talking about her health Sujata says that things seem to be back on track for her.

"Touch wood I am doing well health wise. I will go for my annual check up next month and hopefully will get an all clear in all my tests," says the actress.

Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media                                                     Thursday, December 11, 2008

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081211_74

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sharona- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Recovered from cancer Sujata Kumar is back on TV

Sujata Kumar will soon be seen in a cameo in Saat Phere as gurumaa. Having recently recovered from cancer, the actress is looking forward to her return on the small screen.

"I am playing Nahar's gurumaa in the show. Nahar has become swami in the show and I will be playing his foster mother. It is a cameo and will get over soon. It is very lovely to work with these people. I am quite fine with only doing cameos, because I cannot spend 25 days a month and 14 hours everyday on any daily show due to my health," says Sujata.

"I have been offered roles for daily which were full fledged roles but I could not take it up. I am also fine in taking episodic appearances like I will be doing one of episode for Koi Hai," adds the actress.

Sujata believes that working in films is much better than doing fserials at this point for her.

"I have just finished one film called Dia starring new actors Pawan and Sheetal which will be releasing in February. I have also finished a Shivam Nair's movie called Exchange Offer with Rahul Bose and Esha Deol. I am playing Om Puri's wife in the film and it was really pleasure working with them."

Sujata will also be a part of Delhi Belly. She will begin filming for that on December 21.

"I am playing a magazine editor in this movie. It is not a great role as such but I have worked with the director (Abhinay Deo) before this. He directed commercials in which I had worked. And how could I have left an offer to work under Aamir Khan's banner?" she says.

Talking about her health Sujata says that things seem to be back on track for her.

"Touch wood I am doing well health wise. I will go for my annual check up next month and hopefully will get an all clear in all my tests," says the actress.