Views on strike call off- Megha Gupta

shockalot thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago

The stars speak up...

Megha Gupta: Main Teri Parchhain Hoon (NDTV Imagine)
I have mixed feelings. I'm happy that the strike is over, but sad that I will miss out on the free time. Even though the strike went on for a long time, I am glad that it finally reached a conclusion. I was getting lot of feedback from viewers who wanted to see the new episodes but couldn't because of the strike. It's great for technicians and other unit people who weren't getting paid all these days.

Sanjeeda Sheikh: Kya Dill Mein Hai (9X)
It's a huge relief that the strike is finally over. I'm glad that the union and producers fin-ally reached a conclusion. However, I won't be resuming shooting immediately as I am travelling with Aamir for a few shows. I thought that the strike was stretched for a really long time and it wasn't fair for the actors.
Avika Gor: Balike Vadhu (Colors)
I missed shooting a lot. Everyone was asking me why there aren't any new episodes of Balika Vadhu. Now that the strike is over, I will return to the sets. In fact, when I was at home, I would play shooting-shooting with my friends, as I would miss the sets. In my free time, I would go to school, study and watch television. However, I don't know why the strike happened.

Avinash Mukherjee: Balika Vadu (Colors)
I enjoyed my break by catching up on movies and playing with friends. I played all sorts of indoor and outdoor games, which I haven't been able to do for quite some time. I haven't yet got any call for the shoot and I am enjoying it!
Chetan Hansraj: Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki (9X)
It's the same feeling one has after coming back form a long holiday —laziness! A short break was okay but it stretched to two weeks and got too serious. We have resumed shooting and are working as planned.

Aamir Ali: Kya Dill Mein Hai (9X)
It's nice to have a break but this break was unfortunate for the production house, channels and workers. Initially, the holiday was exciting and I went to Lonavala for a short
trip and returned soon as there was a rumour that the strike was going to end soon but never did I know it went on for two weeks. Had I known, I would have planned a long holiday! I will be resuming work after two days since I have to go to Kolkata for an award function.and hencefor