Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AdorableAyesha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
rajeev next movie peter gay kaam se new heroin i have post her pix.

AdorableAyesha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i have post star screen award 2009 rajeev khandelwal pix

*Rainbowheart* thumbnail
owwwwwwwww ayesha thanks
rajeev look so handsome
sippy_a thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

CHECK OUT: Sallu-Bebo's MAIN AUR MRS KHANNA on 3rd July

August will carry on the momentum with Irrfan Khan starrer PAAN SINGH TOMAR. There will be a bigger movie though in the form of David Dhawan's HOOK YA CROOK which will release in September. The biggest of all though will be WHAT'S YOUR RASHEE (October) which will bring together Ashutosh Gowariker and UTV for the third time after SWADES and JODHAA AKBAR. Same month will see the release of SEASON GREETINGS which features an unusual cast of Sohail Khan, Tabu and Shreyas Talpade. November sounds interesting too with UTV and Rajeev Khandelwal coming together once again after AAMIR in PETER GAYA KAAM SE.

While this is the current plan of UTV for 2009, it won't be surprising if they acquire a movie or two more and come up with some additional releases. Stay tuned!

sippy_a thumbnail

What Bollywood stars did on Holi

Mumbai (IANS): Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan stayed away from Holi celebrations and so did others for various reasons. But the day brought colours to the lives of many actors who took off from work to be with family and friends. A sneak peek at how the Bollywood stars spent the day. Amitabh Bachchan: "Nothing! We're celebrating no Holi this year. Yes, I know our home is an open house on Holi every year. Hopefully we'll be back to celebrating Holi next year. "This year too many tragic events have happened around us. On a personal level, my father's passing away then my mother's prolonged illness have suspended Holi celebrations in my house. And then, of course, the things that are happening in Mumbai city and the country. Do you think anyone is in the mood for celebration? We're not. Maybe next year." Preity Zinta: "What am I doing for Holi? Nothing. Sleeping the whole day. Recovering from my jet lag after my trip to New Zealand. In any case, I think Holi has lost its original spirit long back." Deepika Padukone: "I'll have the day off. I'll celebrate with my family and close friends." Farhan Akhtar: "For the time in living memory I won't be home for Holi. I'll be shooting abroad. It breaks my heart to miss Holi. Can't be helped." Bipasha Basu: "I've no Holi plans. I'm allergic to the abeer and other Holi colours. I'll spend Holi with my family, devouring Holi delicacies. It's a diet-free day for me." Abhishek Bachchan: "I'll be shooting. No Holi this year at home. Just work." Genelia D'Souza: "I'll be shooting In Delhi on Holi." Rajeev Khandelwal: "I'm shooting for 'Peter Gaya Kaam Se' in Goa. I'll be experiencing the Goan Holi for the first time." Hurman S. Baweja: "I'll be shooting in Delhi for 'It's My Life'. I think my lightmen, camera crew, director and co-stars will be my Holi victims. Watch out, here I come." Himesh Reshammiya: "As always I prefer to work on auspicious days. I'll be recording a new song for 'Ishq Unplugged' on Holi." Urmila Matondkar: "I'm not much of a Holi person. I'll be chilling at home watching some good movies and hoping no one gets rowdy with women who have to step out of their homes." Irrfan Khan: "I'll be in Dholpur shooting for 'Paan Singh Tomar' on Holi. We'll celebrate over there. After 'Billu' and 'Slumdog Millionaire' I'm in a festive mood." Manisha Koirala: "I'm throwing a party for close friends at the Marriot." Celina Jaitley: "This Holi I'm in Hyderabad. I'll be spending it with the cast and crew."

Tusshar Kapoor: "I'll be meeting up with my friends for lunch and not playing Holi, since I stopped doing that long ago."

Edited by sippy24sep - 15 years ago
sippy_a thumbnail

Rajeev Khandelwal's new 'game' plan

Ranjib Mazumdar
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 23:59 IST
Email Email
Print
Text

Mumbai: If all goes well, Rajeev Khandelwal will soon be seen hosting the Indian version of the American game show The Moment of Truth.

If all goes well, Rajeev Khandelwal will soon be seen hosting the Indian version of the American game show The Moment of Truth.

Contestants in the show have to answer a series of 21 increasingly personal and embarrassing questions to win cash prizes.

Rajeev says, "I have been approached for the show. Talks are on but nothing has been finalised yet. I guess it's too early to talk about it."

Rajeev had earlier hosted a game show Deal Ya No Deal. He has also been getting a lot of offers for fiction shows on TV. However, he has been turning them down.

Recently he was approached for an appearance in The Monica Mogre Case Files and he refused it.

The Monica Mogre Case Files is a series with every story lasting for about 10-12 episodes. Here, Inspector Monica Mogre is always in a cat and mouse game with psychopath serial killers.

Says a source from the production house, "We had Rajeev Khandelwal and Jimmy Shergill in mind. Since its just a 10-12 episode cameo, we thought Rajeev would agree to do it. However, he says he wants to concentrate just on his movie career."

Parakh Madan who plays the lead in Monica Mogre Case Files says, "When I heard Rajeev would be doing the show I was quite excited. It's sad he said no."

Rajeev says, "I don't remember clearly. They might have approached me but I don't want to do any more TV shows, especially fiction."

But some of the biggest stars of silver screen -- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan -- have appeared on TV. So why not Rajeev? "They are established stars and have a huge fan base. Importantly, they are not doing any fiction shows. I am game for game and reality shows provided they're exciting," he ends.

sippy_a thumbnail

Lekha wants to be in the spotlight

5 Mar 2009, 0000 hrs IST
Email Discuss Share Save Text:
And Lekha Washington seems to be getting her way, with her B-town break being opposite Rajeev Khandelwal.
ARRIVED: Lekha Washington

She's been called the Mandira Bedi of the Indian Premier League after her stint as a TV host for the tournament last season. Now, the vivacious Lekha Washington is all set to be the next southern sensation stepping into Bollywood, after Asin and Shriya Saran. She will be seen playing the female lead opposite Rajeev Khandelwal in Peter Gaya Kaam. Lekha describes her role in the film in three words: fun, powerful and physical. "And almost 60 per cent of the film depends on me," she says.

What was it like working with Rajeev? "He's a great co-actor — intelligent and chilled out. The film includes some stunt scenes, for which we've been rehearsing together. It's very exciting," she adds.

Hailing from the Tamil movie industry, Lekha says that people in Mumbai recognise her as the glam IPL anchor. Asked how different Bollywood is from the Tamil industry, Lekha says, "Bollywood is a lot bigger and certainly more challenging."

With Asin tasting success and many others venturing into Bollywood, what does the competition mean for Lekha? "I don't bother about competition. I don't have time to keep track of the debutants but I certainly feel the pressure to prove myself. I don't believe in looking at others but proving my worth. That's what I'm here to do," she asserts.

So, having got the look, is she going for glam roles or character-driven ones? "The one thing I'd never want is to be stereotyped. I want to do everything under the sun. I'd love to do something like Lara Dutta's role in Billu, but I'd love to do glam roles as well," says Lekha. "But the look has to suit my character and the role. Glamour without a cause is pointless," she adds.

Now that she's jumping on board the Bollywood bandwagon and vaulting into the big time, how is she going to handle it all? "I prefer to be in the spotlight," says Lekha, adding, "I think one knows what they're up for when they come here. I don't believe in living in a shell, but going out and grabbing all the attention I can."
sippy_a thumbnail
Rajeev Khandelwal: His foray into Bollywood was in an unconventional film, Rajkumar Gupta's critically acclaimed Aamir. Amdavad's biggest export to Bollywood of course is busy preparing for his next film, Peter Gaya Kam Se which is slated to go on the floors, but that apart he doesn't have anything in hand yet. Officially that is. "He is a very fine actor. He has really impressed me in Aamir. To debut with such a film and to do such a kind of role with so much conviction is amazing. I am sure he must be getting films but I guess he must be choosy," says trade analyst Taran Adarsh.

Prachi Desai: From prime time queen to a glam debut in Rock On !! Prachi's CV should have looked busier than it is now. She is doing only one film — Life Partner opposite Tushar Kapoor. Not that the petite youngster is worrying. She says, "I've put in so much hardwork, time and energy to reach here. I don't want to disappoint myself or the audience.So far, I have put my heart in everything that I have been associated with —Kasamh Se, Jhalak Dikhla Ja and Rock On!! Fortunately all the projects have been successful. In future too, I'll give my best and the rest is up to destiny."

sippy_a thumbnail
Aamna Sharif: I will call Rajeev to my Premiere

TV's sweetheart Aamna Sharif of Kahiin Toh Hoga is all set to follow her co-star Rajeev Khandelwal's footsteps and make her big screen debut in the romantic comedy Aloo Chaat.

Looking pretty as a picture in an all black outfit, the adorable Aamna speaks about the film, Rajeev Khandelwal and Aftab Shivdasani, who is rumoured to be her current beau.

"There is no aloo chaat in the film. It is about this America-returned guy and how he avoids marriage. It is a mazedaar, clean, romantic comedy for the entire family. This is my first film and I am nervous but I feel great. So far people have responded very well to us and the music. I particularly like the hip-hop track composed by RDB. Insha'allah the film will be a hit too," wishes Aamna.

Aftab and Aamna look cute together on-screen. "The credit for our chemistry goes to director Robby Grewal and Aftab, who is a very comfortable and helpful co-star" she says. So is there is anything brewing between Aftab and her off-screen? She blushes as she replies, "People keep linking me to everyone I work with. If I have anyone special, I will announce it to the world."

So will she go back to the TV world or will she focus on films now? "I won't go back to TV. I always wanted to do films and then Kahiin Toh Hoga happened; I am glad it did as it was a big break for me. There is not much difference between working in TV serials and a Bollywood film."

And lastly, will she call her co-star Rajeev Khandelwal, whom she was reportedly dating during the making of Kahiin Toh Hoga to the premiere of Aloo Chaat and has she seen his debut film Aamir? "Of course I will call Rajeev, along with my other co-stars. I have seen Aamir and I think it is a wonderful film."
sippy_a thumbnail

Money talkies

27 Feb 2009, 0000 hrs IST, PRIYANKA GEHLOT SOLANKI, TNN
Email Discuss Share Save Text:
Art house films are no longer meant only for a niche audience, as they are fast turning into money-churners. PT does a cash count.
small is the new big: A still from the film Luck By Chance

If you were to take a closer look at the films that made a mark at the BO of late - A Wednesday, Aamir, Mithya, Dev. D, Bheja Fry, Dasvidaniya, Rock On!!, Luck By Chance, Billu and Shaurya - you'd see some shining examples of art house cinema. Today the boundary lines between art house and mainstream Bollywood cinema is blurring. So much so, that leading faces from Bollywood have trekked over and become an indelible part of art house films. And yes, the box-office returns of these films are enough to make the filmmakers/production companies laugh their way to the banks.

Abhay Deol, Gul Panag, Irrfan Khan, Neha Dhupia, Rajat Kapoor, Rahul Bose, Vinay Pathak, Ranvir Shorey, Neetu Chandra, Konkona Sen Sharma and Farhan Akhtar are some of the faces that are lighting up and making a difference to 'reality' films. Farhan made his acting debut in the small film Rock On!!, setting the cash counters ringing and got loads of critical acclaim for Luck By Chance, his recent flick. Vinay Pathak made a successful second coming in films thanks to Mithya and Dasvidaniya. Irrfan's small screen career led him to art house films, and later Life... In A Metro, The Namesake and this year's Billu. Rajeev Khandelwal, television's poster boy, chose to make his debut on 35 mm in the off-beat Aamir winning accolades galore. Konkona, a typical art house cinema darling, has been straddling commercial cinema as well along with her off-beat, realistic films. Glam girl Neetu Chandra, who'd made her debut opposite Akshay Kumar in the laugh riot Garam Masala, has made the switch to meaningful films from Traffic Signal to Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!.

The youngest Deol on the B-town block, Abhay Deol, is already being hailed as the face of art house cinema, having done films like Socha Na Tha, Manorama Six Feet Under, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! and the most recent Dev. D. Neha Dhupia who's done hardcore commercial films before has also made a convincing balancing job with meaningful films like Mithya and Dasvidaniya, Bipasha Basu is doing her first ever art house film Pankh.

"It's a good trend that we are trying out different subjects. Thankfully art house films are selling today," feels actor Shilpa Shetty. Agrees actor Sonu Sood, "These days every form of cinema and artiste have their own audience. People are open to experimentation now."

Many industry people believe that art house films are recovering money and doing well because of multiplexes. "There was always a niche audience for small, art house films, but I think the multiplexes have done real good to us," says actor-director Rajat Kapoor.

In the end, nothing sells more than success. If art house cinema has its takers then filmmakers will feel like making more such films.