Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desichica thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: camella

hey everybody..heres the peice of info abt king dasaratha😊-

his parents were aja and indumati. It is said that he had the strength of ten charioteers , thts why his name was dasaratha. he didn't have a very good childhood. He was crowned as king at a very young age. Once wen his parents retired to the forest it is said tht a flower fell from sage narada's head and fell on indumati , she passed away after tht. then sage narada said tht indumati was an apsara in her previous birth , she was cursed by a sage for trying to distract him from his penance. He cursed her saying tht she would have to take birth as a mortal and tht she would only get liberation when a flower from sage narada's head would fall on her. So dasaratha lost his mother at a very young age. After tht as we all know the story of shravan and the curse. It is said tht wen shravan's aged parents cursed dasaratha tht he would die out of the grief of separation from his son , dasaratha instead of being sad rejoiced as he didn't have sons till then and tht through this curse he was assured tht he would get a son.
I haven't seen such a positive person😳. These are the sufferings of king dasaratha..hope it wasn't too long😕

very nice camella.....it's very heart-wrenching wut Raja Dasarath went thru....it makes us realize that a lot of things that are happening to us nowadays, albeit good or bad is a result of our actions from previous generations.....
I used to always think that i dont ever do or say nething to harm ne1...so y do bad things happen..but at the same time when i read Bhagavad Gita, it makes more sense that when it states that the things that happen to us are a result of our karma!!!!
camella thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desichica

very nice camella.....it's very heart-wrenching wut Raja Dasarath went thru....it makes us realize that a lot of things that are happening to us nowadays, albeit good or bad is a result of our actions from previous generations.....
I used to always think that i dont ever do or say nething to harm ne1...so y do bad things happen..but at the same time when i read Bhagavad Gita, it makes more sense that when it states that the things that happen to us are a result of our karma!!!!

very true dear..😊
_rajnish_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

agree with you suniti no one can escape his karma... thanks vaishno for info😛

sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

thanks vaishnavi for posting the DASHRATH STORY!!!!😊
sitakshii thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajnish_here

Sacrifice of mother sumitra

Among the three wives of Dasaratha, not much has been said about the second wife Sumitra anywhere in history. Kausalya attained good reputation because of her son Rama.Kaikeyi desired that her son Bharata should be made the crown prince, but Sumitra had absolutely no desire whatsoever.Sumitra was the epitome of all virtues. She was Mitha Bhashi and Hitha Bhashi (one who talks less and in a pleasing manner). Her behavior was in consonance with her name Su-mitra (good friend). She had two sons, Lakshmana and Satrughna. There was no way that either of them could become the crown prince. Yet Sumitra was not worried. She demonstrated the ideal of service to the rest of the world. "When Lord Rama becomes the king, my first son Lakshmana should dedicate himself to His service." This was her desire. Likewise, she wanted her second son Satrughna to be in service of Bharata. The servant is always by the side of the master. That is why Lakshmana followed Lord Rama and Satrughna was always in the company of Bharata. She understood the sacredness of service and exhorted her sons to follow the same path. When you carefully go through the sacred story of Lord Rama, you will be able to understand and appreciate the noble and ideal feelings of mother Sumitra. When Lord Rama was leaving for the forest, mother Kausalya was inconsolable. It was only Sumitra who did not shed a tear. She tried to pacify Kausalya and instil courage in her saying, "Dear sister, my sonthe forest to look after His needs. He will make sure that Rama is put to no inconvenience under any circumstances. Just as an eyelid protects the eye, Lakshmana will constantly engage himself in the service of Rama. You don't need to be worried about Rama's safety and security." She willingly sent her son to the forest along with Rama. Will any mother act in such a courageous and selfless manner? As per the boons granted by Dasaratha to Kaikeyi, only Rama was supposed to go in exile. It was not obligatory for Lakshmana to accompany Him. Sumitra could have argued in this manner and prevented Lakshmana from going to the forest. But Sumitra did not raise any objection whatsoever. Lakshmana is born only to serve Lord Rama. He is an instrument in Rama's hands. So, Rama is taking His instrument with Him. Who am I to send Lakshmana with Him and who is Lakshmana to
decide about his going with Rama? Rama has every right to take Lakshmana with Him." This was her feeling. She blessed her son Lakshmana and said, "My dear, take proper care of Sita and Rama."
When Bharata was proceeding to his uncle's kingdom of Kekaya, Satrughna had no information whether to stay back or follow. Yet, Satrughna got ready to accompany Bharata as he knew it was his duty to serve him. In the history of Bharat, there are many noble mothers like Sumitra who encouraged their sons to take to the path of service. There are many incidents which speak of the nobility of Sumitra. When Lakshmana fainted in the battlefield, in order to revive him, Hanuman had to bring the Sanjivani herbs from a mountain. As he was unable to locate the required herbs, he lifted the entire mountain and was on his way back to the battlefield. He had to fly over the Nandigrama en route. Bharata mistook him for a demon and shot an arrow at him. Hanuman fell down along with the mountain. He offered his salutations to Bharata and explained to him the situation in the battlefield, and the purpose of his carrying the Sanjivani mountain. Bharata was happy to note that Lakshmana would be revived. Immediately, he sent word for his mothers and all his subjects. . Everyone except Sumitra felt sad that Lakshmana had fainted in the battlefield. Even Urmila was not perturbed. She bent her head and listened to the narration of Hanuman. On hearing all this, mother Kausalya broke down. Then Sumitra consoled her saying, "Sister, why do you worry? No danger can ever befall on Rama. Lakshmana will take good care of him. Both my sons are born to render service to Rama. In case Lakshmana dies in the battlefield, I will send my other son Satrughna to help Rama in the battle." Will any mother be prepared for such a sacrifice? hats off to her👏

THANKS rajnish for this emotional article on mata SUMITRA!!
YES!!! mata SUMITRA devoted her 2 sons to RAMJI & BHARAT !!!
mata SUMITRA was a large hearted & a great lady !!!!
salute mata KAUSHLAYA & mata SUMITRA !!! for all their scarifices !!!!
sitakshii thumbnail

Folks I found a beautiful article abt SITAJI on internet by writer RD.RAKESH in the magazine THE SUNDAY POST .The title of the article is " SITA THE SYMBOL OF CHASTITY ",i am posting only the imp. parts of tht article !!!

By R.D. Rakesh

SITA was brought up with great love and care and with all comforts by KING JANAK. She was the paragon of beauty. Tulasidas, a great poet has described her unparalleled beauty in the following lines:-

"She lends charm to charm itself, he said to himself, and looks as if a flame of light is burning in the house of loveliness. The smiles already employed by the poets are all stale and hackneyed; to whom shall I liken Videha's daughter" She is also called Vaidehi. She is called Ayonija (not born of a womb of woman). She is considered dutiful daughter of Janak. He also loved her very much.

SITA is one of the most popular heroines in the Hindu mythology. She is also famous as the wife of Rama, the hero of the epic Ramayana. She is considered as the model Hindu wife. After her marriage with Rama, her mother-in-law Kaushalya also brought her up with love and affection. In her words:-

"Moreover, I have found in her a beloved daughter-in-law, exceedingly beautiful, amiable and accomplished. I have treated her as the very apple of my eye and loved her so much that my very soul is centered in Janaki. I have tended her as carefully as a creeper of paradise and watered her growth with streams of affection. Never yet has Sita left bed or seat or lap or cradle to set foot upon the hard ground. I have been tending her like a life giving herb and never even asked her to trim the wick of a lamp.

Sita has been described as the ideal wife of Rama in the Ramayan. She was very loyal to him. She remained steadfast in her loyalty to him throughout he whole life. He was the centre of her life. He was always in her mind. Her role as the ideal wife has been mentioned in several episodes in the Ramayan. When Dasharath, King of Ayodhya, told Rama to go into exile in the forest for fourteen years, Rama advised her to remain in the royal palace of Ayodhya because she would not bear the ordeals and discomforts of the forest. She became very sad. She told Rama that a husband was a god to his wife. Without husband a wife's life is meaningless. Tulasidas has described this with these words:-

"As a body bereft of life, as a river without water, so, my lord, is a woman without her husband. In your company, my husband, all are delights, as long as I can behold your countenance that vies in brightness with the immaculate autumn moon."

shall willingly dwell in the forest as formerly I inhabited the palace of my father having no anxiety in three worlds and reflecting only on my duties towards my lord.

The Ramayana of Valmiki, trans. Hari Prasad Shastri, 3 vols.

Sita was so loyal to her husband, she persuades Ram not to leave her alone in 'Ayodhya because "to be with thee is heaven, to be without thee is hell, this is the truth."

Sita never touched another man except Rama even in her dream. When Hanuman, monkey god requested her to return to Ayodhya from Lanka, on his back, she outrightly refused his request because by carrying her on his back, he would touch her body. This also proves how loyal she was to her husband.

Sita was imprisoned in Ravan's Ashok garden in Lanka. He proposes her to accept him as her new husband. She was stunned and shocked at this proposal and became very furious. She even threatened to burn him to ashes with the fire that she had achieved from her chastity of character. She did not do that because she had no permission from her husband Rama.

Sita loyalty and chastity had been put on trial on several occasions in the Ramayan. Rama defeated Ravana in the war. Sita was brought before Rama but he wanted to prove the chastity of Sita in front of the people because she spent many years in the Ashok garden of Ravana. She asked Lakshman to prepare a funeral pyre because she wished to die after this accusation, but the god of fire refused to harm her because she was pure in her character. Rama was totally convinced of her purity and accepted her as his faithful wife.

Sita is thus a perennial source of inspiration for all the Hindu women today. She is an ideal woman who never disobeyed her husband. She always accompanied Rama whether in the palace or in the forest. She was the constant companion of Rama.

coolpurvi thumbnail
Great article sita di. quotes from tulsidas ji n Valmikiji were great. thanks for posting this article abt the one of the greatest heroine of of our history
jingjing thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sita11

Folks I found a beautiful article abt SITAJI on internet by writer RD.RAKESH in the magazine THE SUNDAY POST .The title of the article is ' SITA THE SYMBOL OF CHASTITY ',i am posting only the imp. parts of tht article !!!

By R.D. Rakesh

SITA was brought up with great love and care and with all comforts by KING JANAK. She was the paragon of beauty. Tulasidas, a great poet has described her unparalleled beauty in the following lines:-

"She lends charm to charm itself, he said to himself, and looks as if a flame of light is burning in the house of loveliness. The smiles already employed by the poets are all stale and hackneyed; to whom shall I liken Videha's daughter" She is also called Vaidehi. She is called Ayonija (not born of a womb of woman). She is considered dutiful daughter of Janak. He also loved her very much.

SITA is one of the most popular heroines in the Hindu mythology. She is also famous as the wife of Rama, the hero of the epic Ramayana. She is considered as the model Hindu wife. After her marriage with Rama, her mother-in-law Kaushalya also brought her up with love and affection. In her words:-

"Moreover, I have found in her a beloved daughter-in-law, exceedingly beautiful, amiable and accomplished. I have treated her as the very apple of my eye and loved her so much that my very soul is centered in Janaki. I have tended her as carefully as a creeper of paradise and watered her growth with streams of affection. Never yet has Sita left bed or seat or lap or cradle to set foot upon the hard ground. I have been tending her like a life giving herb and never even asked her to trim the wick of a lamp.

Sita has been described as the ideal wife of Rama in the Ramayan. She was very loyal to him. She remained steadfast in her loyalty to him throughout he whole life. He was the centre of her life. He was always in her mind. Her role as the ideal wife has been mentioned in several episodes in the Ramayan. When Dasharath, King of Ayodhya, told Rama to go into exile in the forest for fourteen years, Rama advised her to remain in the royal palace of Ayodhya because she would not bear the ordeals and discomforts of the forest. She became very sad. She told Rama that a husband was a god to his wife. Without husband a wife's life is meaningless. Tulasidas has described this with these words:-

"As a body bereft of life, as a river without water, so, my lord, is a woman without her husband. In your company, my husband, all are delights, as long as I can behold your countenance that vies in brightness with the immaculate autumn moon."

shall willingly dwell in the forest as formerly I inhabited the palace of my father having no anxiety in three worlds and reflecting only on my duties towards my lord.

The Ramayana of Valmiki, trans. Hari Prasad Shastri, 3 vols.

Sita was so loyal to her husband, she persuades Ram not to leave her alone in 'Ayodhya because "to be with thee is heaven, to be without thee is hell, this is the truth."

Sita never touched another man except Rama even in her dream. When Hanuman, monkey god requested her to return to Ayodhya from Lanka, on his back, she outrightly refused his request because by carrying her on his back, he would touch her body. This also proves how loyal she was to her husband.

Sita was imprisoned in Ravan's Ashok garden in Lanka. He proposes her to accept him as her new husband. She was stunned and shocked at this proposal and became very furious. She even threatened to burn him to ashes with the fire that she had achieved from her chastity of character. She did not do that because she had no permission from her husband Rama.

Sita loyalty and chastity had been put on trial on several occasions in the Ramayan. Rama defeated Ravana in the war. Sita was brought before Rama but he wanted to prove the chastity of Sita in front of the people because she spent many years in the Ashok garden of Ravana. She asked Lakshman to prepare a funeral pyre because she wished to die after this accusation, but the god of fire refused to harm her because she was pure in her character. Rama was totally convinced of her purity and accepted her as his faithful wife.

Sita is thus a perennial source of inspiration for all the Hindu women today. She is an ideal woman who never disobeyed her husband. She always accompanied Rama whether in the palace or in the forest. She was the constant companion of Rama.

Nice one Sita di....Thanx for sharing it😊
_rajnish_ thumbnail
Thanks sita di 4 sharing the article😛😛. its very very nice one.. 😃quote from tulisidas and valmiki ramayan is really fav.loved it😛😛
Savi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sita11

thanks vaishnavi for posting the DASHRATH STORY!!!!😊

thanks vaishnavi for the info about Dashrath ji....
i agree with u that he is a very positive person....