Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

caligal916 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Summer3

For you I believe you only like classical music, which mostly puts me to sleep. Except for a few.
For the common persons Himeshji is the answer.😆

hehehhehehe so true summer !!!!!!!!!!
gumsum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

For you I believe you only like classical music, which mostly puts me to sleep. Except for a few.

good music is something which you can listen with your heart and soul and in todays world if it puts you to sleep then think of such a calming effect.
Himesh's music might be good for night-clubs and truck drivers and marriages and social gathering but try to listen him alone and you will know what I mean. Rahman in my opinion is the best musician whose beats will make you dance in a disco or in a room where you are all alone. His Chaiya-Chaiya is one of the trasures which slowly steals you away in another world.
Being successful is one thing and being someone to deserve it is another, just my opinion.
Indradhanush thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I dont know what to say if the sell were lone criteria then private albums of U Rashid Khan, legendary Bhimsen and Amonikar are big flop and lack quality because each of them didnt sell even 10 000 copies, if a unit of measurement is to be taken then why not comments from stalwarts like Javed Akhtar, Lata ji and others and all of them agree curently ARR is the best
why not listen to ARR classic mahi ve, sweet and soft as petals
Edited by Indradhanush - 15 years ago
gumsum thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

I dont know what to say if the sell were lone criteria then private albums of U Rashid Khan, legendary Bhimsen and Amonikar are big flop and lack quality because each of them didnt sell even 10 000 copies, if a unit of measurement is to be taken then why not comments from stalwarts like Javed Akhtar, Lata ji and others and all of them agree curently ARR is the best and HR's music is for lower class.

I don't have a bit of knowledge of classical like raggas and nodes and sur etc but whenever I listen to Pt Bhimsen Joshi it takes me into another world. He sings so well with such a soul. It just creates a magic. Same I feel when I listen to ustad Zakir Hussain's tabla or Pt shiv sharma's santoor.
I think it is a very wrong perception that classical is not for masses and it is only for experts.
Abhilasha1980 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

Zee ne HR ka Karzzzzzzzzzzz chukakey apna Farzzzzzzzzzzzz nibhaya.

😆

Word Count: 0

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
😆😆 Good one 😆
trishancku thumbnail

Summer bhai actually there are scientific experiments to prove the positive effects of Indian classical music on plants and animals see for yourself

http://www.dovesong.com/positive_music/plant_experiments.asp

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: trishanku3

Summer bhai actually there are scientific experiments to prove the positive effects of Indian classical music on plants and animals see for yourself

http://www.dovesong.com/positive_music/plant_experiments.asp

You are right of course. Without persons like you and ID it is very hard to preserve the classical culture and traditions. Keep up the good works.👏👏👏
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Summer these are not the only two in IF who are classical music lovers. There are many who are silent readers or keep low profile. Many who used to be here and have left. Many just go with the flow not to create waves.
I do agree with Trishanku on Music having vast effect on Plants, Pets and human beings 😊
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Like it or not, there is a difference between masses and class. We cannot wish away this difference. It has nothing to do with money - it's more about sensibilities.
And certainly, Himesh has succeeded mainly because of clever marketing and branding than any inherent talent. He pulls the right strings, pushes the right buttons to get what he wants. For him, music is all about sleek marketing, packaging and giving people what they want rather than composing something that he wants to express as an artist.
Certainly other MDs who call him a businessman are speaking the truth and not necessarily out of jealousy. A true artist will not like to waste time to promote his work. He would rather concentrate on creating and would immerse himself passionately in his art. Such people automatically get respect from the classes.
Himesh on the other hand bends backwards to use all possible tactics which can sell - whether it is by creating stupid controversies (all that romance drama involving Vinit or Sumedha/Aneek/Amanat) or by making alterations to his appearance (caps/hair weaving).
All this makes him very light-weight compared to the real composers who care two hoots about their appearance or about creating controversies.