Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Oh I love his voice and style of singing; suits the current types of songs he is into. I hope he does not stop singing as it would be a big loss to me. But he should create chances for SRGMP contestants to sing some songs. he allowed Vinit and Himani before. Himani did well. As for acting he should limit it to maybe one movie a year as it is an unnecessary distraction.
But yes he was making unbelievable music like in the movies like Tere Naam. But by making a switch to the current music he seems to be doing better.
I notice several good music by various MDs are often ignored and not given any recognition. Perhaps it is due to abundance and little promotion.

-shehzaadi- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
there is nothing wrong in disliking someone but there is a way to express your dislike for that person which does not demean him or his fans. I feel Himesh is bashed up like a stress reliever...sab apna saara gussa usi par nikalte hain. that just makes me feel sorry for him and appreciate him even more. πŸ˜†
ReemAnshu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

[

Bingo. That's why he gets on the nerves bigtime. At times, it hurts to see him making such a fool outa himself and I don't even like him! I think despite all his "success", he lacks class. By trying to be jack of all fields, he is compromising on being the master of one - that is composing. He used to be a pretty darn good composer then he got crazy for all the limelight and publicity. Well, it did end up working out in his favor to an extent if he is comfortable with the kind of image he ended up creating for himself. After all, badnami mein bhi toh naam chhupa haiπŸ˜› hai kee naheenπŸ˜‰ I would rather see him as a composer only....but that's just my personal pov.

Well you may think he lacks class but again I feel to put people in grades and classes is not a very good thing to do but i wont go there. To each his own.
All I can say is that he connects to the people and they see him as someone very own. I mean he is a commoner and has remained that way, thats why he has such a huge following.
He still is a damn good composer, not many people know that the highest selling album of 2003 was Tere Naam, the highest selling album of 2005 was Aashiq Banaya Aapne, The highest Selling album of 2006 was Aap Ka Suroor (the non-film Album), The most requested song / played max no of times on all radio stations / weddings / discos and most downloaded track of 2006 was Zhalak Dikhlaja.
In 2007, the music of Aap Ka Suroor (the movie) was the second highest seller Album after Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.
This year in 2008, the music of Karzz is at No.6 (so far) lagging behind - 1) Race 2) Singh is King 3) Jane Tu Ya Jane Na 4) Jannat & 5) Bachna Ae Haseenon but the difference between top (Race) and it now is only 5 lakh units and the album stilll has a shelf life of 2-3 months more as the movie is not yet released. It has already sold highest units in Sep & Oct (so far). So a good chance that it will be right up there with Race. So basically he has since 2003 always given music which is the highest selling album or one of them atleast, which is quite an achievement. It is only that in 2007 and specially 2008, his volume (no of albums) has gone down.
So when you say 'he used to be a good composer...' i dont know what you mean as I think there are many people who think unlike. All I say is that I love his music and find most of his compositions very good. But again it is a personal opinion.
But this strategy of giving music only for his movies is a good one and has created his USP which will give him rich dividends.
Edited by ReemAnshu - 15 years ago
Indradhanush thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReemAnshu

Well you may think he lacks class but again I feel to put people in grades and classes is not a very good thing to do but i wont go there. To each his own.
All I can say is that he connects to the people and they see him as someone very own. I mean he is a commoner and has remained that way, thats why he has such a huge following.
He still is a damn good composer, not many people know that the highest selling album of 2003 was Tere Naam, the highest selling album of 2005 was Aashiq Banaya Aapne, The highest Selling album of 2006 was Aap Ka Suroor (the non-film Album), The most requested song / played max no of times on all radio stations / weddings / discos and most downloaded track of 2006 was Zhalak Dikhlaja.
In 2007, the music of Aap Ka Suroor (the movie) was the second highest seller Album after Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.
This year in 2008, the music of Karzz is at No.6 (so far) lagging behind - 1) Race 2) Singh is King 3) Jane Tu Ya Jane Na 4) Jannat & 5) Bachna Ae Haseenon but the difference between top (Race) and it now is only 5 lakh units and the album stilll has a shelf life of 2-3 months more as the movie is not yet released. It has already sold highest units in Sep & Oct (so far). So a good chance that it will be right up there with Race. So basically he has since 2003 always given music which is the highest selling album or one of them atleast, which is quite an achievement. It is only that in 2007 and specially 2008, his volume (no of albums) has gone down.
So when you say 'he used to be a good composer...' i dont know what you mean as I think there are many people who think unlike. All I say is that I love his music and find most of his compositions very good. But again it is a personal opinion.
But this strategy of giving music only for his movies is a good one and has created his USP which will give him rich dividends.

Your defense is solid but let me put it this way: sell of CD/album and quality may not go hand in hand. We know Zubeida didn't sell very well, similarily let me quote few recent examples like songs of Vivah (done by Ravindra Jain) were quite OK and semi classical in nature, same way Dil Jo Bhi Kahey was a great album by SEL and so was Marigold, they didn't sell, even Jodha Akbar didn't do that well, this year the person who has given toughest competition to ARR on charts is Pritam , this doesn't mean Pritam has the class of ARR or the albums I mentioned about SEL were not great.

Hmm there is an old album called lekin of 1991, music done by legendary H N Mangeshkar I read some where Lata ji saying that the music did poor on selling records but then there has not been a single day when a copy of that album is not sold somewhere on the Earth, that is what I called longevity and I would connect with quality.

Yes I agree with you HR is a clever buisness man, this is what V-S, Javed Akhtar also thinks, nothing wrong in that. Actually V-S once commented on HR' music this way: Himesh loves his business..!

Edited by Indradhanush - 15 years ago
ReemAnshu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
ID, I agree with you to an extent. My defence has not been a stand alone defence. Because it was mentioned that 'He used to be a darn good composer...; is the reason why I have given facts and figures to justify that he is still the same composer what he was a few years ago.
You may like this composer or may not like this composer, but I dont think his quality has changed, the change is in the volume of work.
And, when you mention Quality, well that becomes subjective and perceptional. What you may perceive as quality, I may not or vice versa. In todays world, if you have to generalise then you have to base it on some UNIT OF MEASUREMENT. I dont think you can have anything measureable other than the popularity (in order to generalise or draw conclusion).
Thats the only reason why I have mention this and I can do that in actual numbers too. The fact is that Aashiqui is the highest ever sold album in India at 1.5 crore units. Some people love it and some hate it as they dont like Sanu.
These are individual tastes, but If i have to compare it on a larger and see what was liked by people in general, then you cant shy away from the album sales / No of requests / No of Download as these are tangible factors.
As far as your deff of Quality goes - I feel that Dil Jo Bhi kahey (except one song) was a bad album, Marigold was a crap album and Jodha Akbar (cant call it crap) but was for me the most disappointing album of this year when I consider my expectations from it and what it delivered. So there you go, quality for you may not mean quality for me.
You may not find HR's music as QUALITY but there are many people who do and you cannot argue with numbers. As far as other MD's commenting about HR being a good business man, I see it as a case of Sour Grapes. They cant have the popularity and adoration which he gets and so they try to pacify their bruised ego's by saying that its all due to marketing.
Edited by ReemAnshu - 15 years ago
200467 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReemAnshu

I disagree here. There gotta be a way to distinguish between a great actor like Naseeruddin Shah or a super duper star like Big B and the wannabe's like HR. Mind that both Naseeruddin and Big B are not your conventionally good looking dudes BUT they are totally comfortable in their skin which HR is not. HR comes across as crass mainly because of the way he portrays himself - the hair, the clothes, the make up, the attitiude, the verbal diarrhea and most of it stems from him knowing very well he is not in his league when it comes to singing or acting.
You don't see commoners dressed up the way he does or wear fake hair the way he does. He tries too hard to be what he is not and it shows.
As far as his "huge" following, you yourself said he worries more about those who don't follow/like him. May be he knows which class majority of his fan following falls in and hence constantly worries about the non-fans whoh are mostly from high classπŸ˜‰
Apart from Tere Naam, all others you listed above are trash. I prefer Pritam's pirated music to HR's trash you listed here any given day.
Higher sales don't always translate into higher quality. His Tere Naam and Banares are pretty high and timeless gems whereas the others are just fads and will be forgotten pretty soon.
So when you say 'he used to be a good composer...' i dont know what you mean
Hope you know now what I mean.
as I think there are many people who think unlike. All I say is that I love his music and find most of his compositions very good. But again it is a personal opinion.
True, it all boils down to personal opinion but if you look at the stats, RDB's compositions are evergreen whereas most of Bhappi's work, that used to be a rage when released, is pretty much forgotten.
There are numerous ways to reap dividends - not all are consideres "respectable" thoughπŸ˜‰ It's a shame he is letting his strength dilute by blindly running after money and fame. Fame is something that follows classy accomplished artists. The ones who we see running after fame are usually crass - like a Rakhi Sawant here or a Payal Rohtagi there or a Mika somewhere in the middleπŸ˜›

Word Count: 0

200467 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

Your defense is solid but let me put it this way: sell of CD/album and quality may not go hand in hand. We know Zubeida didn't sell very well, similarily let me quote few recent examples like songs of Vivah (done by Ravindra Jain) were quite OK and semi classical in nature, same way Dil Jo Bhi Kahey was a great album by SEL and so was Marigold, they didn't sell, even Jodha Akbar didn't do that well, this year the person who has given toughest competition to ARR on charts is Pritam , this doesn't mean Pritam has the class of ARR or the albums I mentioned about SEL were not great.

Hmm there is an old album called lekin of 1991, music done by legendary H N Mangeshkar I read some where Lata ji saying that the music did poor on selling records but then there has not been a single day when a copy of that album is not sold somewhere on the Earth, that is what I called longevity and I would connect with quality.

Yes I agree with you HR is a clever buisness man, this is what V-S, Javed Akhtar also thinks, nothing wrong in that. Actually V-S once commented on HR' music this way: Himesh loves his business..!

Very well put ID. Agree with you here. To HR, it's all about business. Hence his current music lacks the soul and his acting - well, thank god haven't seen that yet but the trailers that I saw on SRGMP are nothing to write home about. One may see this flick just for some more laughs at Himmy's expense and I think it will be perfectly okay by him. Jab tak joota chandi ka hai, himmy bhai khushi khushi khaney ko taiyyar lagtey hain - shayad saamney wala maarney key baad joota waheen chhod jayeπŸ˜† After all, at the end of the day, it's all about numbers and moolah for him!
Summer3 thumbnail

Himeshji's music is addictive. It is modern and yet traditional and enticing. Agreed it is simple but it keeps ringing in your mind. Same as the repetition of Sanscrit verses that vibrates. That is how I feel. It has punch and power. so putting prejudices aside just concentrate and enjoy. I bought 3 CDs of the same songs from Karzzz itself.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But agreed these are not classical pieces but popular music. Some are country folk.
trishancku thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Himeshji's music is addictive.

You are absolutely right it has made me an addict of constantly pressing the mute, or change channel button whenever Himesh songs are played on TV or radio

But one Himesh song which i usually sing whenever I suffer from constipation is Jhalak dikhlaaja Jhalak dikhlaaja eik baar aaaja aaaja aaaja aaaja aaaaaaaaaaja.................. and it works like charm .πŸ˜†

JMLR!
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: trishanku3

But one Himesh song which i usually sing whenever I suffer from constipation is Jhalak dikhlaaja Jhalak dikhlaaja eik baar aaaja aaaja aaaja aaaja aaaaaaaaaaja.................. and it works like charm .πŸ˜†

JMLR!

For you I believe you only like classical music, which mostly puts me to sleep. Except for a few.
For the common persons Himeshji is the answer.πŸ˜†