Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

yes vijaykkk there is something called mediocrity like Bappi Lahiri using Kishore Asha in Himmatwala, mawali, tohfa etc vs great R D Burman using the same duo in 70s and 80s in a trendetting manner.

@summer: alternative explaination for what you are saying: Sri Ramchandra kah gaye siya se aisa kalyug aayega hans chugega dana pani kauwa moti khayega.

Kauwa moti khayega indeed! That's just what is happening.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
In all fairness Himeshji movies are more like music videos. Something very lighthearted. Younger people will enjoy it. I enjoy it thoroughly and hope he produces more of these songs. Some members in my family do not like it though.
A proper serious movie or drama should be able to stand without much songs etc to pep it up. It also needs good serious actors and actresses, and good story line. Himeshji's movie does not fall in this catergory currently. Anyway I find such movies boring but several ladies love such movies.
As for Himeshji's music it appeals to the young. Generally older people and those wanting serious music will have problems with it. As for me it is great. Well to each his own as I am much more open and spend a lot of time listening to Chinese and Japanes music too.
ReemAnshu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I strongly believe that you are a master of your own destiny with a little blessing and luck. I admire HR coz he is what he is, on his own and not becoz of anyone else.
Thats the same reason why I admire SRK & Akshay Kumar. They are at the top but started right at the bottom (SRK came to mumbai with no money & AK as we all know was a waiter in BKK), they are blessed people and self made. SRK has gone from Stage to TV to Movies and worked his way up.
All others like Hrithik, Aamir, Abhishek etc etc are basically there coz of their backgrounds. Hence I dont have the same respect for them although I appreciate their good work but dont connect to them.
Same I can say for HR, he has worked his way from the bottom, giving back-up music to other people, then giving music to TV serials and producing TV shows tehn doing film music, then doing music in bigger films, singing himself, doing stage shows and finally becoming a Hero. He had music in his family but his father himself was not successful and wanted to always be a MD. Anyways, today what ever HR is, he is on his own and his hard work.
He may not be the best hero but his effort is equal if not more than any of these top guys. I find at sad that some people go to any extent to criticise a man. Well you may critice his work but you must not criticise the person (or even if you do, there should be some dignity in it). What is the harm if he is promoting his movie ? every top actor (even small actors do that).
Even Aamir Khan who gives the houlier than thou image and shows that he is not media friendly, takes an open panga with AMitabh (after 2 year) to promote his own film TZP or comes to SRGMP to promote his movie.
What is the harm ? Aur agar Kalyug main 'kauwa moti khata' toh phir duniya main Karodon kauwe hain, sab kyon moti nahi kha rahe ?? Aaj woh hi kauwa moti khata hai jo uske liye apna jee jaan lagata hai.
As far you criticism of the songs go, well I think only 3 songs were originals from the movie - Lut Jaon / Masha Allah & Tandoori nights (and I like the first 2 a lot). The other 3 songs - Darde Dil, Ek Hasina thi (were from original film Karz) and Jhalak was also not from Karz.
ALso liking the music or not is a personal choice, you may have not liked it but i love 4 songs from this movie a lot and i think the music is just great. The song - Ek Hasina Thi (remix) is one of the most rocking tracks ever. So everyone cannot be pleased.
BTW, for those people who dont know - T-Series is the producer of Karzzz and they have sold the distribution rights of the film to Reliance for 60 cr which itself gives them a 100% table profit even before the movie has released.
Also if the likes of Mahesh Bhatt, John Mathew Mathan, Satish Kaushik, UTV, Reliance etc are putting their time / money and efforts behind him, i am sure they must be seeing something in him. So lets wait and watch, I have a feeling that Karzzz again will do well. I have seen rushes and in this movie HR has shown 100% improvement in acting and looks as compared to his first movie. You must give credit where it is due.
Edited by ReemAnshu - 15 years ago
vijaykkk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjini

Kauwa moti khayega indeed! That's just what is happening.

Bappida songs are today remixed and still very much in fashion and hence you can not call it as mediocre. You may not like it its matter of your taste. Rd burman has given several hits but if you count number of hits given by bappida and Rd burman you will find bappida has given more number of hit songs. Whether you like it or not but this is naked truth, for any album if a composer gives hit music it will be called as hit. Sucess speak louder than any critics and karzzzz music has achived sucess and also got thumbs up from many critics.
Now have you heard of a story of thirsty crow who was able to quinch his thirst by thowing pebbles in the pot . Crow has done lot of hardwork to satify his thirst so their was nothing wrong if the crow was able to get the water at the end.
Any one on this planet who does hardwork and get reward at the end what is wrong in that whether he is a crow or hans. We have no right to diffrenciate person and call some people as crow or hans.God the almighty he who writes everyones destiny. If God has given himesh glory fame and a chance to fufil his dream, what is wrong in that.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Himeshji is amazing. He never went to acting school and now is making movies. Normally no one would buy such a story. Of course serious movie acting should be left to the professionals. But such light=hearted musicals are fine.
I think the song Darde Dil is not in the movie.
But his other song "Dhoom" is also very nice.
I think the reason why some people like his music is because they feel fully connected.
Unfortunately those who do not enjoy Himeshji's music feel no connection of any sort, so I do not blame them for going against him. So in a way they are always standing on the outside.
When there is a connection it is a wonderful feeling and it is addictive.
Indradhanush thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
First of all my unconditional apology if I made any die hard fan of Himesh bad, what I said is purely my opinion.
Coming to remixes it is R D Burman who rules to the extent that Mazrooh Sultanpuri once said even if the new musicians keep remixing RDB''s song all their life they will not die of starvation.
Indradhanush thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
One question (to HR fans) has always puzzled me, why and when Himesh thought and decided that he should act as well, I haven't heard of any music director taking this like.
vijaykkk thumbnail

One question (to HR fans) has always puzzled me, why and when Himesh thought and decided that he should act as well, I haven't heard of any music director taking this like.

Himesh always wanted to be a actor but his father was a composer and their was music in his blood so he decided to be a composer. When albums featuring himesh became big hit and himesh decided to try for movies. His first movie became big hit and got 80 to 90% opeaning which is very rare for a newcomer.
Bhushan kumar signed himesh for three movies. This is how himesh got a chance to fulfil his dream.
Its matter of destiny that AKS got huge opening even few crtics liked himesh performance in AKS the movie
The problem of the film AKS was a weak script. If you comapre himesh performance in his first movie you will find himesh was looking very confident and his dialouge delivery is very good . We all know his Dialouge of "Mujhe tere Ghar main Roti " " Jai mata Di Lets Rock" " Superb Fantastic Mindblowing History" is as famous as "Kitne aadmi thy" and "Mere paas maa hai"
ReemAnshu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Firstly, I am not taking your comments in the wrong way, everyone is entitled to his opinion, wemay agree on some and not on some.
Comming to your question, I dont think that he ever decided that he should act (even though he says this now, but it is a fact), these things dont happen overnight, it is a slow build up. And it is a simple case of demand and supply.
HR become very popular with his songs and developed a distinct style and mannerisms of his own. He had carved an image for himself with his unusual voice, cap, jacket and mike holding style. This was his identity which he used in his first album and all his videos and songs became very popular. All his music videos which featured Deepika, Minisha Lamba, Nauheen and some of the other models etc did very well.
The next step after that was that the directors / producers tried to cash in on this by making him a part of the promotional video of their songs like - Zara Jhoom jhoom, the song in Anthony Kaun Hai, Ahista Ahista etc etc.
The videos which he featured in were more popular than the original videos in the movie (Aashiq Banaya is the best example) and so Movie Producers would be thinking well - HR's album videos are so popular and even his promotional videos are liked more than the original stars (with no disrespect to the likes of Dino Morea, Arshad Warsi, Abhay Deol, etc) then why not try to cash in and put him in a movie.
Thus offers start pouring in and only then someone gets the confidence (when multiple offers come in). The first offer comes you may laugh off, but when many people suggest the same then you are bound to think that way.
So eventually his 1st movie comes out which takes a big opening. I remember that my husband had returned from abroad and we went to see that movie Aap Ka suroor, but did not get tickets on 2 occassions and ended up watching - Awarapan & Apne (released on same day).
Now his first movie which made a very good profit, encourages him and others to try and take it further. It is simple demand & supply.
There is a real world out there which is out of this computer box and laptops and forums, in that world (which I am also a part of) he is liked a lot and people connect to him. The chances of Fardeen Khan, Zayed Khan, Vivek Oberoi, Aftab Shivdasani, etc walking on the streets of mumbai and getting mobbed are miniscule when compared to the chances of HR getting mobbed (I have seen that happen).
Note : No disrespect to anyone please
Edited by ReemAnshu - 15 years ago
vijaykkk thumbnail
By the was himesh is not the first singer composer actor of bollywood.
Luck Ali has also played a role of music teacher in SUR and done movie with big star like amitabji Sunil shetty and sanjay Dutt called Kaante. Apart from this soon sukhvinder singh is going to make movie based on reincarnation. Also the composer Raghav of film One Two Three and kabul Express is also going to sing compose and act. Our ADI is also looking to sing and latter on may also compose music for his movies. Bappida will be seen in Mr and Mrs Khanna. Wajid is also going to act. Their were rumors that Shehkar(from V & S ) is also going to act in Sajan (Salman & Sanjay Dutt) remake