Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ReemAnshu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
[QUOTE=Indradhanush
you mean Taansen singing Jhalak dikhla ja.......!!!! Nahi.............!! πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

Pls leave him alone.😊

And Satish Kaushik 60 ka ho gaya kya..??😲
ID, this was the reaction I was waiting for !!!! Thanks for that. I wish I could see the look on your face when you read this.
But jokes apart, you can breath easy as HR is not playing Tansen. There are no dates and even if there was I dont think he would have done it.
Personally, I feel that Tansen will not make a good film as there is not much to script on him and little is known of him. I think Abhishek too will eventually back out.
SO PLEASE RELAX !!!! (But a little devil in me wished that he did play Tansen just to spike all his haters, kitna maza aata)
Indradhanush thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I can bet Himesh can draw attention of any one by his antics, if he was sent in place of Menaka he would have destroyed tapsya of Vishwamitra in a minute by simply rendering one of his songs and Vishwamitra would have fallen at Himesh's feet begging him not to sing..

Jokes apart RA who would do the music of Taansen, do you want the new generation to sing songs in the line of jhalak dikhla ja in name of taansen? you remember the all time classic Basant Bahar on similar story line, remember the songs, if Pt Bhimesn Joshi sang ketki ghulb on raag Basant, lataji came out with ja ja re ja balmwa on raag jhinjhoti, 50 years down the line and I listen to them on daily basis, do you think it is possible to match that class of music now a days, there are other ways of making money and HR is expert in that why upset purists by dragging Taansen in the controversy.
Edited by Indradhanush - 15 years ago
ReemAnshu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

I can bet Himesh can draw attention of any one by his antics, if he was sent in place of Menaka he would have destroyed tapsya of Vishwamitra in a minute by simply rendering one of his songs and Vishwamitra would have felt at Himesh's feet begging him not to sing..

Jokes apart RA who would do the music of Taansen, do you want the new generation to sing songs in the line of jhalak dikhla ja in name of taansen? you remember the all time classic Basant Bahar on similar story line, remember the songs, if Pt Bhimesn Joshi sang ketki ghulb on raag Basant, lataji came out with ja ja re ja balmwa on raag jhinjhoti, 50 years down the line and I listen to them on daily basis, do you think it is possible to match that class of music now a days, there are other ways of making money and HR is expert in that why upset purists by dragging Taansen in the controversy.

I like the joke you make, surely made me smile and thanks for that. What would be funnier though if Vishwamitra broke his tapsya and started dancing on Jhalak Dikhlaja.
With regards to your question, that do i want the new gen to sing songs in line of Jhalak in name of Tansen, then the answer is NO. But at the same time why do you generalise by saying that if Tansen was made then the new gen music would be on the lines of Jhalak ??? I understand your cynism but is it not taking a bit too extreme.
Jhalak was a nextgen song but it was as per times of the movie and situation. I am sure that if Tansen is made again, the music will be keeping in mind the era and the songs will be accordingly.
Even if HR was to do the music of Tansen (there is a possibility on that still) still it would be miles away from Jhalak. When HR gave music for movies like Banaras or Ahista Ahista or Namastey London or Tom Dick Harry, it was keeping the genre and mood of the movie / situation of the song in mind.
I also dont think that the songs will be like Basant Bahar or Baiju Bawara or the likes, but if they had to do something similar then why make it again.
If it is being made in the current times, then you have to respect sensibilities of the people of today and their likes. This does not mean that the songs will be Hip-hop but they cannot be pure classicals. The songs have to be such that they are perfect for the tone and situation of the movie i.e. they respect the time period yet at the same time they have to be MODERN enough to be heard and enjoyed by people of today.
If you take a look at Jodha Akbar, it is the same time period (Tansen was Navratna in Akbars court) but the music (few songs which I like) as respecting the theme of the movie and the taste of the majority people who will buy the music. Did you see any songs like Pt.Bhimsen Joshi or Pt.Jasraj in that one ?
ANd I dont know how HR and making money came into the picture and your post. There is NO HARM in Earning money by putting your hardwork and doing it in a legal and moral way. And I have just mentioned that he was approached to play the lead and give the music. He is not acting in the movie and nor has he yet confirmed on music. If he sticks to his USP then he wont give music to the movie (90% chances). So why are you saying that he is upsetting the purists etc ? Nothing is final yet, no one has been signed.
I think you can crucify the person only after the job is finished i.e. the music or film is out in the market. Till then we can only wait and watch.
Abhilasha1980 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I can bet Himesh can draw attention of any one by his antics, if he was sent in place of Menaka he would have destroyed tapsya of Vishwamitra in a minute by simply rendering one of his songs and Vishwamitra would have felt at Himesh's feet begging him not to sing..

Jokes apart RA who would do the music of Taansen, do you want the new generation to sing songs in the line of jhalak dikhla ja in name of taansen?

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Word Count: 1

200467 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReemAnshu

Well if you take out your comments and then put my comments in isolation and try to show personal attack, then so be it. YOu do not see what you write. I have written to you in the same language (a dose of your own medicine) and hence first you must see what you write.
Remember it was you who started getting personal with HR fans (one of them is me) by calling them lower class and calling yourself high class. As I said earlier, if you have said it then dont wriggle away from it.
All my counters are also in the thread and if you dont get it, it does not make a difference to you.
And with regards to Class, I have clearly indicated as to who is third class here and all these baseless & illogical posts will not change that too.

Nope. I never said ALL his fans all lower class and no where did I mention my class here. If you are hell bent on inferring these from my posts then it's your problem yaar. I really can't help you hereπŸ˜†

I said most of his fans belong to B and C strata of the society. It is a fact he is mostly popular with auto/taxi/riksha wallahs. He himself acknowledges that. He sure is a third class singer and actor and he himself acknowledges that as well. Otherwise why would he keep on jumping and declaring not to compare the contestants to him as his is an unconventional voice? Why would he keep on harping not to compare him with Rishi in Karzzzz as Rishi ji was super great...Rishi ji is godddd.....HR's words again - not mine πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Now, if you are hell bent on taking my remarks against HR personally then be my guest. I really can't help it when his fans start identifying with him and think the words were aimed at themπŸ˜† Quote a single sentence from any of my posts here on this thread where I called you names/got personal with you/or called his fans third class. Now, if most of his fans - again, pay attention to "MOST" - are from B and C category of the society then how can I help it yaar! It is a very well known fact. To deny this fact would be...what was that you keep on chanting - haan, billi aankh moond ley toh hakeekat badalati toh naheen naπŸ˜‰

If he worries more about those strata of society where MOST people can't stand him (as posted by youπŸ˜†) then it tells us about his insecurities - doesn't itπŸ˜‰ He is what he is - a totally besura third class singer and an even more hopeless actor. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

uff uff mirchiπŸ˜† Hai hai mirchiπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Lagta kafi mirchi lagee hai aap ko. Jab koi aur point naheen mila toh HR ko dedicate kiye huey remarks apney ooper laga rahey hoπŸ˜† Lagey raho but you won't find me getting personal with you....no chance thereπŸ˜› Woh credit yaha sirf aap deserve kartey hoπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Edited by Gauri_3 - 15 years ago
200467 thumbnail

I can bet Himesh can draw attention of any one by his antics, if he was sent in place of Menaka he would have destroyed tapsya of Vishwamitra in a minute by simply rendering one of his songs and Vishwamitra would have fallen at Himesh's feet begging him not to sing..

πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†good one ID. Menaka ney Vishwamitra ki tapasya unn ka mann moh key bhang kee thhee. HR un key nerves per chad ker bhang kareygaπŸ˜† After all, who can tolerate HR's non-stop nasal howling for longπŸ˜†

...and not only purists, ID, most of us kaansens can't stand HR brand of music either - and we are no purists. We just know good music when we hear it and can distinguish it from third grade compositions and singing despite our inability to distinguish between various raagas😊
200467 thumbnail

Karzzzz Review

By Ashok Nayak Fri, 17 Oct 2008

........On a positive note, the target audience in the B and C centers is going to love it. After all, the poor Aap Ka Surroor was a big hit, wasn't it? If you loved Aap Ka Surroor, you will most definitely like Karzzzz. ......

http://www.nowrunning.com/movie/reviews/moviereview.aspx?movie=4898&rid=1868

@ ReemAnshu:

Post one single article that denies the target audience mentioned above - any one single article. Don't know why you are getting all het up over a FACTπŸ˜†

ReemAnshu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Nope. I never said ALL his fans all lower class and no where did I mention my class here. If you are hell bent on inferring these from my posts then it's your problem yaar. I really can't help you hereπŸ˜†

I said most of his fans belong to B and C strata of the society. It is a fact he is mostly popular with auto/taxi/riksha wallahs. He himself acknowledges that. He sure is a third class singer and actor and he himself acknowledges that as well. Otherwise why would he keep on jumping and declaring not to compare the contestants to him as his is an unconventional voice? Why would he keep on harping not to compare him with Rishi in Karzzzz as Rishi ji was super great...Rishi ji is godddd.....HR's words again - not mine πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Now, if you are hell bent on taking my remarks against HR personally then be my guest. I really can't help it when his fans start identifying with him and think the words were aimed at themπŸ˜† Quote a single sentence from any of my posts here on this thread where I called you names/got personal with you/or called his fans third class. Now, if most of his fans - again, pay attention to "MOST" - are from B and C category of the society then how can I help it yaar! It is a very well known fact. To deny this fact would be...what was that you keep on chanting - haan, billi aankh moond ley toh hakeekat badalati toh naheen naπŸ˜‰

If he worries more about those strata of society where MOST people can't stand him (as posted by youπŸ˜†) then it tells us about his insecurities - doesn't itπŸ˜‰ He is what he is - a totally besura third class singer and an even more hopeless actor. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

uff uff mirchiπŸ˜† Hai hai mirchiπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Lagta kafi mirchi lagee hai aap ko. Jab koi aur point naheen mila toh HR ko dedicate kiye huey remarks apney ooper laga rahey hoπŸ˜† Lagey raho but you won't find me getting personal with you....no chance thereπŸ˜› Woh credit yaha sirf aap deserve kartey hoπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

You live in a make belive world it seems so to me. Sorry about that.
I had a feeling that you will try to wriggle out from the statements which you have made in the previous posts. If you want you can go back and refer to him.
You have clearly said that his fans are low class and those people who dont like him are High class. Now if you want to wriggle out on technicalities then fine.
Even above what you have said, that MOST of his fans are B & C strata of society or low class people, how do you say that without proof ??? You have done a survey to check if 51% of his fans or more are having an earning which is less than 100 Rs a day ??? The national poverty Index states that people earning less that 100 Rs a day and education below 10th Grade, would fall in your category (you can check with any market researcher and they will tell you how the gradation is done, based on 2 factors Education Index X Income Index). Have you checked that ?
Thats the problem with most people, they just generalise and often they dont use their own mind and refer to statements or opinions of others to validate their point.
I do AGREE that he has got a lot of fan following from the Middle Class and Lower Middle class. But Middle class and lower Middle class may not form your B or C strata.
Its going back to the discussion again, the problem is that you are hell bent on putting people in categories and classes and not see them as people. If they are poor, that means they are not classy and their opinion does not count ? And what ever they like will be third class ?? This attitude of looking down on people and trying to put them in grades lower than yourself has given rise to majority problems in India and created an atmosphere of Hatred. We talk of Equality but then there are people like you who dont know what equality means.
If you have made the remark, then please clarify, what do you mean by B Class & C class (how do you put people in these classes). Obviously you seem to think of yourself in A Class, so please let me know whats the criteria for that. Is it because you live in US, you are A class ?? and MOST (see I am too learning the technicalities) of his fans live in India and that makes them B & C Starata ???? Sorry but I am just curious to know.
Okay now coming to your point in hardcore facts -
HR shows last year in India and Over seas were all sold out and packed shows. The audience in the US / South Africa / Europe has paid 100's of dollars to be in the show and watch him.
His show in India, even in non-metro cities had ticket price ranging from Rs 200 to Rs 5000. The min show ticket in Mumbai was about Rs 300. And the shows had people from Good families (middle class) which were enjoying his show. I dont know what B & C strata can afford that kind of money to spend on a family for a couple of hours of entertainment.
If you may not know that Middle class income group in India is about 40 to 50% (as per various reports). And Middle Class income group (as per the various Indices) is not your THIRD CLASS audience or the B or C strata which you are talking of.
If you make statements, then you must validate them or they are just baseless and pointless. Hence please validate. I am sure you will be busy with a lot of web sites to do you research on the different Strata's of society.
ReemAnshu thumbnail
To summarise the above :
If you say that a LARGE number of Fans or a Significant number of Fans of HR are from the lower to lower-middle income class group which is collectively refered as Masses, then this statement will be 100% accurate.
But if you say that MAJORITY or MOST of his fans are from Lower income groups, then this is a generalisation for which there is no Validation.
With regards to your grading of HR, then as I said it is a personal opinion and from the outset I have said that every one has his own personal opinion but your personal opinion cannot be generalised (it will remain personal opinion).