Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ReemAnshu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
[QUOTE=Indradhanush

1. His music is for lower class was not stated by me, I typed something said by Javed Akhtar in coffe with karan about HR

2. IMHO most of the HR songs are based on Aeolian mode with hardly any use of raaga.

3. OK to each his own pls tell me why ARR has got so many awards in last 15 years,. do you think HR can match this in same time period, if this is not about quality what is it (Ok lets put class aside):

[/QUOTE]

1. I know u did not state that his music was for lower classes, I know u will not generalise like this. I was replying to the person who had said the same and u jumped in on my reply to her and hence was in the cross fire of exchanges. And u have quoted Javed wrongly, he has said that his music is for the Masses (masses and classes) are 2 different things. Mass means appealing to a large section of society and class means something else. High class and low class are terms which i feel are degrading and people use it very loosely showing how irresponsible and imature they are.

2. As i said, personal opinion is different, you may have one and I may have another. Its best if you respect the other wons view.

3. ARR has got many awards because is a great music director and gives great music. I have never said that HR is the only good director. He is also good but yes I agree that ARR is great at composing and deserves accolades. But at times I feel that he gets it one name, this year as per me he did not deserve for Guru. It should have gone to VS for OSO or MOnty for Saawariya.
If MAdan Mohan did not get as many filmfares like ARR does not mean he was not a good MD.  I dont understand this urge of generalising views and forcing them onto others.

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes a lot of his current songs have  the country and western type of flavour with systematic rhythm and beat. It also has a lot of punch and  his "Naam Hai Tera" is lovely and unforgettable. It just reverberates throughout the body and soul.
His previous works were entirely different and more varied like songs from  "Tere Naam"
ReemAnshu thumbnail
Edited by ReemAnshu - 15 years ago
ReemAnshu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Yes a lot of his current songs have  the country and western type of flavour with systematic rhythm and beat. It also has a lot of punch and  his "Naam Hai Tera" is lovely and unforgettable. It just reverberates throughout the body and soul.
His previous works were entirely different and more varied like songs from  "Tere Naam"

I too love all his songs from Namaste London. I rate it as his best work and I think 'yehi hota pyar' is his best sung song. I also love Aap ki kashish, Masha Allah, Jhoot Nahi bolna.
Indradhanush thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjini

Thanks! I think you have analysed the limitations in Himesh's music brilliantly.

However, I would like to add that I am not always impressed by AR Rahman's unpredictable, complex music. Often, I find it lacks beauty and a soul - it sounds just too 'busy' if I can put it that way.

Coming to RD, I agree with you completely. He could make even the weird chords sound so smooth! How come no one can do it like him? Of course I know he plagiarised a lot; still he could take a basic tune and make it so brilliant.

This is what about ARR appeals to many instrumentalists  Punjini, you need something to stimulate your intellect, at times in complexity of music or in swara notation, I think ARR till now has done a fine blend of this but must admit is not in the blazing form of 90s.

RDB worked as Asst MD to S D Burman in early 70s and the results are breathtaking ...!! I don't have words to explain the effect of a song like mose chal (saiyan beiman) from guide which is based on complex raag yet has orchestration of RDB lurking behind, this complexity is smooth yet awesome, ab wo quality kaha. Same with songs like piya tose naina lage re (guide), Ankush da recently told me he was present during recording of ab to hai tumse (Abhiman) and the entire guitar riff is brain child of RDB, ye sab baatein kabhi ordinarily samne nahi aati, mai is baap-bete ke music ko bahut miss karta hu. God bless their soul..!!

Suspended

[Post Removed]

ktktktkt thumbnail
hey why don't you guys see the positive side of this (if you don't like Himesh that is). he's not doing any music outside of the films he's acting in so you have to hear him less often compared to the last two years. 😊

ek saal baad to bechare ki koi album aayi hai... let him have his moment.😆

Suspended

[Post Removed]

Suspended

[Post Removed]

Suspended

[Post Removed]