Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Summer these are not the only two in IF who are classical music lovers. There are many who are silent readers or keep low profile. Many who used to be here and have left. Many just go with the flow not to create waves.

I do agree with Trishanku on Music having vast effect on Plants, Pets and human beings 😊

But he is right. In the universe everything is connected. Our thoughts dictate a lot of things and sound is the less subtle manifestation of thoughts. your happiness affects me and and so does your sadness. That which energizes one energizes all.
Abhilasha1980 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I can't imagine a person into tele serial production taking music , becoming a music director then singer, then actor and now producer, what next ?? A MP in politics??

-shehzaadi- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ok maybe the marketing can convince me to go buy the CD, but will I ever listen to that CD if I don't actually like the music? Why is it that people voluntarily play his music everywhere and request it like crazy as ReemAnshu mentioned? Because they like it. Simple. I went to India in 2005 and everywhere I went all I heard was ABA. No one was forcing anyone to play the music. They just did because they enjoyed listening to it. And if people like his music, appreciate him, encourage him, then how is it wrong if he wants to please those people by giving them what they want? I actually think that is a good thing. He works for others. And if you're a bollywood composer that's all you do anyways. You compose a song based on what the situation in the film demands. All bollywood composers just give people what they want. If you're not able to do so then you'll be jobless. Himesh is just doing his job. And I really don't understand what is wrong in him promoting his work. If he doesn't promote it, how will people be aware of it?

And seriously, this whole "class" thing makes me laugh. Every person has his/her own preference. Different colours, scents and tastes appeal to different people. The same thing goes for music. It's like me saying something like "people who like sweet foods have no class." You can't generalize things like that. Something like music is good or bad only in someone's personal opinion. To consider your opinion as being superior, and put yourself and others who share the same opinion as you on a pedestal and degrade everyone else is simply wrong. When you do this you are nothing less than a bully. The basic problem is that people who don't like something can not understand how others like that same thing. So they come up with theories like class and what not to explain it.

In a topic about the music of "Rock On", when I said that I don't like the music I was told that "this type of music does not nessecarily appeal to everyone." So why can't the same apply to HR's music? It doesn't appeal to everyone but at least it appeals to someone. Why bring class into this?
Summer3 thumbnail
I think some members bring up the point about music not so much against any singer but in general. Popular music vs classical music. $$$$ vs culture Just my guess.
ReemAnshu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shehzaadi91

Ok maybe the marketing can convince me to go buy the CD, but will I ever listen to that CD if I don't actually like the music? Why is it that people voluntarily play his music everywhere and request it like crazy as ReemAnshu mentioned? Because they like it. Simple. I went to India in 2005 and everywhere I went all I heard was ABA. No one was forcing anyone to play the music. They just did because they enjoyed listening to it. And if people like his music, appreciate him, encourage him, then how is it wrong if he wants to please those people by giving them what they want? I actually think that is a good thing. He works for others. And if you're a bollywood composer that's all you do anyways. You compose a song based on what the situation in the film demands. All bollywood composers just give people what they want. If you're not able to do so then you'll be jobless. Himesh is just doing his job. And I really don't understand what is wrong in him promoting his work. If he doesn't promote it, how will people be aware of it?

And seriously, this whole "class" thing makes me laugh. Every person has his/her own preference. Different colours, scents and tastes appeal to different people. The same thing goes for music. It's like me saying something like "people who like sweet foods have no class." You can't generalize things like that. Something like music is good or bad only in someone's personal opinion. To consider your opinion as being superior, and put yourself and others who share the same opinion as you on a pedestal and degrade everyone else is simply wrong. When you do this you are nothing less than a bully. The basic problem is that people who don't like something can not understand how others like that same thing. So they come up with theories like class and what not to explain it.

In a topic about the music of "Rock On", when I said that I don't like the music I was told that "this type of music does not nessecarily appeal to everyone." So why can't the same apply to HR's music? It doesn't appeal to everyone but at least it appeals to someone. Why bring class into this?

Ah you are a fan of Sonuji. He is the true face of SRGMP I was watching the old vids. I am glad that he released his own songs rather than just doing play back.
Yes the so called class and caste system is not healthy.
ReemAnshu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

I dont know what to say if the sell were lone criteria then private albums of U Rashid Khan, legendary Bhimsen and Amonikar are big flop and lack quality because each of them didnt sell even 10 000 copies, if a unit of measurement is to be taken then why not comments from stalwarts like Javed Akhtar, Lata ji and others and all of them agree curently ARR is the best

why not listen to ARR classic mahi ve, sweet and soft as petals

Dear ID, with regards to your comments above, I too love some of these compasitions and listen to them when I feel like. I have dedicated 6 years of my life to music and was a student of Nayan Ghosh (I feel you are the only one whom I surely dont need to tell who he is). When you praise someone and say he or she is CLASS and dont like someone else, it is fine. But my only point is that in this world not all people have the same taste, if you dont enjoy HR's music quality then that does not mean that there is no one who does. His Sale of the music does show that there are many who find Quality in his music (maybe not all who buy his CDs but deff there must be many)
Why have this attitude that we are class and he is trash (which some people have here). If you dont like him fine, but dont force your will and generalise it for others.
I truely believe that most of his compositions are raag based and have something unique about them. I may not be a great fan of his singing (i think he is good in some songs and I loved his rendition of 'yehi hota pyaar hai kya' from Namaste London). People feel that his music is only electronic and beats but not all songs are like that, he uses a lot of Indian instruments in his songs. He also uses a lot of Arabic and Oriental music.
I am not saying that album sales are the only criteria, all I am saying is that people can have different choices and you must respect individual choices. Looking down on them and saying that his music is Trash or he is Not a CLASS person etc is sort of insulting those people who think differently. You can always be a critic and not like it, but there is a better way of expressing it.
200467 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReemAnshu

Wow ! I mean seriously, when i read your post it makes me chuckle and thanks for that.
Hey, no probs at all. I have been ROFLing reading your posts here as well!
Why are you comparing HR with Amitabh and Naseer ????? Saying things like they are totally comfortable in their skin which HR is not ! Makes me wonder, which person having decent knowledge will compare a legend to someone who has given just one film. How good was amitabh in Saudagar ???? How good was naseer in Tahelka ??? They are the greats, its like saying Gautam Gambhir (hope you know who he is) is not as good as Don Bradman !
You totally missed the drivel here. Naseer and Amitji are at their present position because they are comfortable in their skin and focussed on their niches. They both started out as new comers in the industry but carved their own niche. HR could have done that as well if he would have stuck to composing. He made a mockery of himself running after money and face time in front of the screen.
I feel below dignity to comment further on this, as it will be an insult to compare Amitabh with anyone.
Feel free to not comment on it. Fact remains, most freshers want to reach where AB is. My point above was more to compare the strategies than statures....which you totally missed. Of course, HR is no where close to even a B Class actor like Aftab Shivdasani when it comes to class even though money wise he may beat the poor chap.
If some people think that they are HIGH CLASS, Good for them. In my opinion, Till the time people in India keep talking about High Class and Low Class, we dont have a bright future !
πŸ˜† okie, lemme clarify here - India's main problem is castesism not classism. Class is referred to all across the world and is a pretty much global phenomenon. Of course, if one happens to be supporting someone who lacks class, they will make such comments in their defense.
As Shakeel Sidiqui the comedian would say - KAANTA CHURI SE KHANE WALE HUM HAATH SE KHANE WALON KO JAHIL HI SAMJHENGE.
πŸ˜• you are now getting confused with westernization and desinization (πŸ˜†). Nana Patekar doesn't come across as chhuri kantey sey khaney waley but he has class. Don't confuse being westernized with being classyπŸ˜†
There is no harm in wearing expensive clothes or trying to look good.
πŸ˜† fact is he doesn't look good 'coz he doesn't come across as comfortable in his skin tight clothes and weaveπŸ˜†
Every common person would also want to look good. Its not like he was born with everything, he is aquiring everything from Acting skills, to hair to style. And the common man is like that. They work their way up and get the materialistic things to improve themselves. Atleast they have more value for them and are open about them, rather than the supposed high class people who get B**B jobs & nose jobs done privately and keep hiding them. By the way Salman Khan, Akhshay Khanna, Sunny, Bobby have all had hair transplants. Amitabh wears a Patch (its not a wig but a patch of hair in front to blend with his remaining hair).
But you don't see Salman, Akshaye, Sunny and Bobby making a fool of themselves on national TVπŸ˜† Salman portrayed an utter tapori image in his dus ka dum but he never lost the class. He still looked classy and comfortable in his skin. You are missing the BASIC difference here and confusing "class" with money, westernization and god knows what not. Class comes from being comfortable in your skin...from not making a fool outa your self...from not blindly running after money....from not chasing fame but raising yourself to a position where fame chases you😊
For you it must be trash, not for everyone and thankfully for HR we dont have people with your opinion in the majority. (with no disrespect, here I am speaking from HR's pov)
Actually you do have people with my opinion in majority with HR. This is the sole reason he keeps aiming for pleasing us....and making a bigger fool of himself while doing this. Otherwise why would you mention in your earlier posts how he worries about those who don't like him! Deep down, he knows the long term recognition comes from having fans of a certain class. He'll never be accepted by those people unless he pulls his acts together and cuts down the nonsense.
No I still dont, I believe in tangibility and others seem to ignore it. All I can say is that, if so many people have bought his music, means that there are large no of people whi think highly of his music. I have a basis to prove my point.
Not really. Going by your point, HR is more talented than Pt. Ravi Shankar as HR's CDs sell more. People buying his music doesn't always translate into them thinking highly for his music. I have said it before and will say it again - it's a fad. It will go away sooner than you think....and as far as not seeing my point - well, you do see it. You just don't want to acknowledge it.
I dont know what you are talking about ! Bappi Da's work still sells and his songs are being remixed left right & center. I was just reading in paper today that India's President - Pratibha Patil is having a Dinner Party at Rashtrapati Bhavan and has personally selected the music to be played. The only Indian artist whom she is having on the list is - BAPPI DA !!!
Now what do you have to say ??? Pretty much forgotten ?????????
Yes. Pretty much forgotten. Do you see people still tuning to I am Disco Dancer? You still see people listening to RDB numbers. Most of them are timeless. ARR's numbers will remain timeless. VS has given some real good music and will keep on doing so as they are focused on their niches. HR's ABA has gone down a lot already as I barely hear it now a days (and thank god for that!) and going by what I am hearing, many think Karzzzzz music pales when compared to the original track.
There is a dialogue in Fashion (the movie) which I will repeat, there are many people in this industry (movie Industry) who keep talking about fame and success but actually they are the ones who have not been successful or lost their success. Those who are, never talk about it. How very true ! This goes out to all the Industry people (MD's / actors / singer) who talk about HR's success.
Bingo. This dialogue proves my point as we see HR constantly talking about his fame, popularity, charts, movies and what not while throwing in a Jai Mata Di here or thereπŸ˜† So yes, agree with you on this point. Even HR knows he is far from being "successful". He has only created this image of being successful and he knows it ain't gonna last longπŸ˜‰ Thanks for providing this dialogue here and making my case for meπŸ˜›

Just to make the point more clear, among HR's contemporaries:-
Class= Sonu Nigham, Shanker Mahadevan, VS
Crass = HR and ID....with HR beating ID when it comes to blowing his own trumpet......remember that dialogue you posted aboveπŸ˜‰
Edited by Gauri_3 - 15 years ago
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

πŸ˜† fact is he doesn't look good 'coz he doesn't come across as comfortable in his skin tight clothes and weaveπŸ˜†

πŸ˜†

Word Count: 0

ReemAnshu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Just to make the point more clear, among HR's contemporaries:-
Class= Sonu Nigham, Shanker Mahadevan, VS
Crass = HR and ID....with HR beating ID when it comes to blowing his own trumpet......remember that dialogue you posted aboveπŸ˜‰
JUST TO MAKE MY POINT CLEAR :
Loved & Popular = HR / Bappi Da / Sonu
Crass : Those people who refer to others as crass (in my opinion only)

Edited by ReemAnshu - 15 years ago