Shakeel's racist jokes

DanceWithMe thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I was very disappointed with the jokes Shakeel made regarding the W. Indian cricketers. He commented about their big fat lips. I'm sure if there were any W. Indians in the audience they would have found these jokes insulting.

Nobody should make jokes that insult people's ethnic background. Everyone is God's children and are beautiful in their own way. The producers of the show should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such jokes. It was also disappointing to find the judges laughing and applauding such insulting jokes. I hope the producers of the show monitor these forums and not allow such things to happen again. There should be no tolerance for insults regarding any race.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Singh23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yeah that was pretty racists, but i;m not surprised no one cared, sensitivity about this stuff is different in india i think. like hrtinik roshans comment about the chinese and their eyes, and rimi sen's ( the sen sister in golmaal) about black people this too was ignored. the fat lip thing was racist. race related jokes and usally ok (liek russell peters stuff) but this was just odd
shikha87 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i just think that shakeel is one of the most disguesting comedians out their i mean he always swears in hindi and when that is not enough he comes out with sick jokes related 2 ladies and racist jokes
zainabay thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
uhm that is what comedians do, all american comedians make fum of hindus and pakistanis, and arabians, we seem to be quiet, and when our comedian is makeing fun not of us but someone else, u stand up WHY????? stand up, when someones makeing fun of you, not someone else, i think hese a great comedian, noe he is not racist,
DanceWithMe thumbnail

Originally posted by: zainabay

uhm that is what comedians do, all american comedians make fum of hindus and pakistanis, and arabians, we seem to be quiet, and when our comedian is makeing fun not of us but someone else, u stand up WHY????? stand up, when someones makeing fun of you, not someone else, i think hese a great comedian, noe he is not racist,

Making ethnic  jokes in a private club is very different from making racist jokes on national TV. Can  you give an example where a major TV network would tolerate racist jokes in the US? Besides, two wrongs do NOT make a right. If someone is making racist jokes...in America, India or anywhere else in the world...people should stand up against it....not try to justify it by citing other examples.

The most disturbing part of your post is when you state "stand up for yourself and not for others"...If good people do not stand up for others...there would have been no jewish people left (Nazis would have killed them all)...black people would never have gotten their freedom from slavery. I pity those people who don't want to stand up for what's right.
Edited by DanceWithMe - 15 years ago
zainabay thumbnail

Originally posted by: DanceWithMe

Making ethnic  jokes in a private club is very different from making racist jokes on national TV. Can  you give an example where a major TV network would tolerate racist jokes in the US? Besides, two wrongs do NOT make a right. If someone is making racist jokes...in America, India or anywhere else in the world...people should stand up against it....not try to justify it by citing other examples.

The most disturbing part of your post is when you state "stand up for yourself and not for others"...If good people do not stand up for others...there would have been no jewish people left (Nazis would have killed them all)...black people would never have gotten their freedom from slavery. I pity those people who don't want to stand up for what's right.

yes i can channel 104 comedy central its on world wide everywhere in the US and ppl watch it, and johhny capala and george lopez make fun off ppls ethnic backgrounds, this is comedy comedy is jokes
zainabay thumbnail

Originally posted by: zainabay

yes i can channel 104 comedy central its on world wide everywhere in the US and ppl watch it, and johhny capala and george lopez make fun off ppls ethnic backgrounds, this is comedy comedy is jokes

and disgusting what i meant was, that either way everyone is biest, when u say black ppl u are being racist, thats y ic ant tolerate it when ppl says stop being racist when u do it yourslef everyday, and its shakeel and its comedy cirucs IN INDIA!!  the west indies wont watch it, and if hte judjes dont find it bad u shouldnt either, and he isnt lying hese telling the truth, its not like hese makeing it up!

DanceWithMe thumbnail

There is no point having a discussion with someone who thinks its ok to make racist jokes. Someone who thinks that others should think EXACTLY the same way as the judges...someone who thinks that if a few people think that it's ok to be insulting then nobody should object. Someone who thinks its ok to insult those who are not watching. Someone who thinks it's perfectly ok to make fun of people's racial and ethnic backgrounds and how they look. Someone who thinks that what Shakeel said was the TRUTH (when he talked about people having lips that reach their belly button). I for one do not wish to engage in a debate with such a person.
zainabay thumbnail

Originally posted by: DanceWithMe

There is no point having a discussion with someone who thinks its ok to make racist jokes. Someone who thinks that others should think EXACTLY the same way as the judges...someone who thinks that if a few people think that it's ok to be insulting then nobody should object. Someone who thinks its ok to insult those who are not watching. Someone who thinks it's perfectly ok to make fun of people's racial and ethnic backgrounds and how they look. Someone who thinks that what Shakeel said was the TRUTH (when he talked about people having lips that reach their belly button). I for one do not wish to engage in a debate with such a person.

1st of all this is MY opinion i never said anyone to lsiten, and these are not racist jokes, because when ppl make fun of shakeel that is also racist, when ppl make fun of rajesh that is also racist, and when someone says i am wrong , when this is JUST A DISCUSSION BOARD we are not running for mayor, and yes i do think what shakkel said is right, because he didnt say it in a mean way, it was comical, when  someone makes fun of indians accents i dont say anything because the person who is saying that is a comedian, thi is just a discussion, and i said my opinon, and i have clearly head yours lets move on, and not argue!
uzair_rock thumbnail
I think you all have gone mad.....and you guys dont read what is shown before the show and i.e. The show is not targeted to any group or class of persons....etc.

Its humour and it has to be taken in good spirit. and if shakeel talked about westindians, that is not racism, all the other comedians there talk about VIP's colour, what about that, and what about VIP making fun of legendery Actors, You all simpply jealous of shakeel's infinite popularity, so you if you guys have any problem with shakeel, then dont watch the show, because shakeel is the only comedian which brings true laughs on the faces of audiances. Unlike others who thinks shouting is comedy or even making stupid faces is comedy.

Shakeel is the only comedian who can make you laugh even at 3 in the morning, he dont need any scrips, like VIP or rajeev nigam.