‘I am not a martyr’-Diana Hayden-New Artcl

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
'I am not a martyr'
Diana Hayden

Miss World Diana Hayden is the wild card entrant to the Bigg Boss house this season, on Colors. We caught up with the lady before she got locked up...

Your entry comes out of nowhere. Why did you agree to go into the Bigg Boss house?

I know it's very sudden (laughs). Why? There are two reasons actually. One, this is a competition. And I love challenges. And the second is the biggest challenge of coping inside the house. You know, we get so spoilt with everything... the way we lead our lives and the luxury we take for granted. And then suddenly you have to wash your own clothes with your own hands. You don't have a cell phone. Then you are living dorm-style with other people. That's a big challenge. I was like, ok, I love challenges... let's do this.

Being a wild-card entrant you have had the advantage of watching the show and drawing up your strategies beforehand...

Noooooo.... I haven't been able to watch the show. I just came in from Los Angeles and the channel refused to give me a copy of the show on air. And they are so cunning that they fixed the meeting tonight (Saturday) at exactly the time the show is going to go on air. So I don't get to see it!

But have you at least watched the international versions of the show?

Yes I have. I know the concept. I haven't followed it religiously but I know the whole idea of Big Brother. What Shilpa (Shetty) did was amazing. I don't think facing racism I would ever have been able to handle it the way she did. Because I would have just lost my temper, which is not the right thing to do. Hats off to her, she did very well and came out a winner.

What do you think are the requisites for doing well on a show like this?

Just one. There's only one. That is to be yourself. Because if you are not yourself, the facade will crack within a week. You can't be under scrutiny 24 x 7 and still try to be someone else. There are so many cameras on you. Projecting a false life, you just can't do that. You are bound to slip up. Not even the best actor on this planet would be able to manage that. The idea is to take you inside the house and just be you. And I guess you can only do that if you are comfortable and happy being you. And I am all right. I am happy with me.

What do your near and dear ones feel about the whole thing because they may not be seeing you for a long time.

I know. Everyone's concerned about one thing: how are you going to live without your mobile for so long? Because I am on the cell phone for at least five hours a day. At least! They are fascinated just thinking how I am going to cope. A lot of adjustments and compromises, I guess. One way of looking at it is that it's going to prepare me for the time when I get married!

Those who are coming out are happy to be out. Does that make you nervous?

I am not a martyr. I am not going to say I don't want to win. I have never entered a competition without winning on my mind. It's a competition. Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.

cheers
resh