Article: net savvy Indraneil Sengupta:

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
How net savvy are our TV stars?

It is reported that India will have 100 million Internet users and 20 million broadband connections by 2008-2010. With the number of users growing and Internet penetration getting bigger and better how many of our small screen actors are actually users of the net? Do they have email ids, surf, use social networking sites, Google, blog?

Chhavi Mittal:
How many hours do you spend surfing?
I spend quite a lot of time surfing on the net. I can say I spend approximately 3 hours a day on net surfing. I love to Google information regarding various topics that I don't know much about.

How often do Google yourself?
I have done that just once or twice. I had to tell someone about the site that was carrying my picture so that the person could take it from there.

Are you on any social networking site?
Yes, I am on Facebook.

Indraneil Sengupta:
I don't surf much may be just once in every three days.

How often do you Google yourself?
I don't do that much either. Every 15 days I Google my name and see if there is any new article on me. I like to keep abreast and keep a tab on every article written on me.

I am registered on two sites but I am inactive on them. I just don't feel the need of networking with people.

Jasveer Kaur:
I don't get much time to surf and check articles on websites.

Do you Google yourself?
I don't do that but my friends keep telling me about the articles that different sites carry on me.

I am on Facebook but I hardly get time to peep in. I just joined as all my friends are on Facebook and I used to feel like the odd one out.

Benaf Dadachanji:
I surf once in a while but whenever I do I sit for atleast three to four hours. I surf to collect information on various topics that I want to know. I love checking You Tube for some real funny video. I can sit for hours watching those videos.

Do you Google yourself?
Not at all as I am not self-obsessed.

I am on Facebook. It's a way to be in touch with my friends who are studying abroad. Net is such a great way to be in touch with all your friends, it actually has shrunk the world.

Sara Khan:
It depends on how much time I have on my hands. At times it happens just once a week when I sit for atleast two hours. I love to read comments and compliments that I get from my viewers.

Do you Google yourself?
I love to read about me and Ali. I love to log onto Tellychakkar.

I am on Orkut as it's a nice way to be in touch with your fans and it helps you polish your talent as one keeps receiving comments on your acting.

Yuvraj Malhotra:
I don't get time to surf regularly. I surf twice a week. I love to read about movies as movies and me are made for each other.

Do you Google yourself?
Oh! Yes I do read about myself. It is fun as you remain updated about the news that's doing the rounds.

No, I am not as I know I can't devote time so why keep people waiting endlessly?

Anita Hassanandani:
It would be pointless to even ask me as I hardly surf on the net. It happens once in every three months and I don't even check my account on Facebook.