Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

m_khan90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

@ m khan: this is where fate plays a major role. I remember output of many great musicias not reaching the sudience because movie never saw the light of day.

yeah I agree with you. 
Indradhanush thumbnail
Kishore dada taking over Mohd Rafi @ Jaddogar:

Reason is emergence of Rajesh Khanna and others for whom MD needed a fresh voice here Kishore da came handy, R D Burman became a major force and other musicians of Golden era became nearly dormant. R D Burman clearly preferred KK over Rafi read this:

sorry unable to upload article here need for horizontal scrolling again and again so I go to next post.
Edited by Indradhanush - 15 years ago
Indradhanush thumbnail

Did R.D.Burman really preferred KK over Rafi?

This article is written by Mr.H.V.Guru Murthy.

A regular browser to web site mohdrafi.com, having gone through the letters of Rafi lovers would assume that R D Burman did not utilize Rafi properly, instead he preferred Kishore Kumar. Because of this reason, Rafi Fans are still upset with RDB even though he passed away a decade back.

Yes, it is true that RDB preferred KK over Rafi during early seventies. For that matter, which Music Director or Actor or Producer or Director will not have his preference. It was well known that Raj Kapoor always preferred Mukesh, Manoj Kumar preferred Mukesh or Mahendra Kapoor, B.R.Chopra films had Mahendra, MD Ravi also had plenty of songs with Mahendra so also O.P after he broke with Rafi. Similarly OP always had either Asha or Geetha Dutt and never Lata. Salil also used all other Singers. Director Subba Rao insisted on Mukesh for SAATHI even though the hero was Rajendra Kumar and MD Naushad, two Rafi Fans. Even Kalyanji Anandji had many films with Mahendra Kapoor, Mukesh and KK even though Rafi was instrumental in their raise through JAB JAB PHOOL KHILE, AAMNE SAAMNE, etc. LP, by all means Rafi Bhakts, used KK regularly in the early seventies even for Rafi heroes like Jeetendra, Dharmendra, etc. SJ also switched over to KK in movies like MAIN SUNDAR HOON, DIL DAULAT DUNIYA, KAL AAJ AUR KAL, etc. Of course, the music standard came down a notch or two in that period. But, well, it is their prerogative to have whomsoever they wanted though I am sure in heart of heart, why even openly, they would have admitted the superiority of Rafi over all other Singers. Similarly, RDB also used KK for almost all his movies in the early seventies as perhaps he had some special chemistry with

aneek paul thumbnail

Yeah technically ID is not jobless but people here in forum refers jobless composer as one who doesnt have any film on his hand.

Sur_Sangam thumbnail
Ismail Darbar has done very few movies but he can easily be considered one of the best music directors at this time. He excelled as mentor in C 2005 and has been mentoring one show or the other. He is easily one of the best mentors among all the reality show mentors. He is in great demand as a mentor.

He can be impulsive and unpredictable. Last year he came out with this news that  the saregamapa show is rigged. That was major blunder and many thought he would become jobless.But he is in demand as a mentor. He is considered as one of the honest persons who stick to his principles. He may have flaws in his personality or other things which may have caused him not getting many movies but he definitely has excelled in whatever he has done so far.

Mistyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

I think he is out of work thanks to his stupid sky-high ego and bad attitude🤢

I don't like people who use creativity as an excuse for being rude and obnoxious.  This is how I see Ismail Darbar, the person.  However, I simply adore his compostions...whatever handful of them we have till date.

He is talented and there is a demand for his kind of music.  His kind of classical based music never goes out of fashion.  It's always in.  It's his attitude and outlook that keeps producers away from him.

very well said👏👏

i love ID's music...but it is his ego and behavior which keeps Music directors away from him!
sibal52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ego ? Yes
All ID Fans should listen to his 2008 Release Mehbooba with Sanjay Dutt.
How shocking will be the reaction , you will see for yourself that Is it the same ID who has produced this music totally a pain in the Ear,