Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diva82 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: godisone

EXCUSE ME!!! Do you think that just because you talk in bold letters, your point will get across more??? Second of all, saying you want to spit on Sugriva and Vibhishana is a SIN!!! Did you hear that? I can talk in bold too, so there's no NEED to do that! And I will never agree with you that Vibhishan married Mandodari. She was called a pativrata who was always devoted to her husband, and Vibhishan DID treat her as his mother. And why do you keep calling him a traitor? Are you saying Ravan shouldn't have died? It was all the plan of Gods, and everything that happened, happened for a reason.

In the old Ramayan, before Vibhishan left Lanka, he had conversed with his mother before deciding what to do. She had told him that since Ravan exiled him, there was nothing wrong in joining Shri Ram. #1, because he had to follow Ravan, who was his elder brother's, command, and #2, if a King was doing adharm, it was the duty of his subjects to right the wrong, and since Vibhishan counted as Ravan's subject, he had to do what he could to save the family name and honor, even if it meant having a hand in killing Ravan. It wasn't because he wanted to be a king. It was because Ravan was sacrificing his sons, nephews, and subjects for one woman. If no one stood against him, the whole kingdom would have been destroyed and EVERYONE would have been blameworthy, not only Ravan. Plus, after Ravan died, Vibhishan, in his grief, refused to accept the kingship of Lanka, and Shri Ram had to lecture him on a King's Dharma to make him accept the kingship of Lanka.

Also, if you REALLY read Valmiki's Ramayana, you will see that long ago, when Ravan, Kumbhakarn, and Vibhishan were all meditating to Brahmaji, when Brahmaji finally appeared, Vibhishan's only wish was to always stick to the path of Dharma. How can one who has such a boon from Brahmaji be shown in such an awful light as you have shown? Did you know that Brahmaji blessed him with immortality, because he was such a righteous person? And nowhere have I read that Vibhishan married Mandodari, who is considered to be one of the Panch Kanyas. Did you know that just by uttering one of the Panch Kanya's names, one's sins are washed away? Mandodari would never marry Vibhishan, who she considered as a son, and he would never marry her, who he considered as his mother. I don't know what happened to her in the end, but I DO KNOW THAT SHE DID NOT MARRY VIBHISHAN.
As for Sugriva, he only killed Vali because he had kidnapped his wife. Wasn't Ram suffering from separation from his wife also? And Vali did adharm by kidnapping his younger brother's wife, who he should have considered as his daugher. It is right that he married Tara, but did you know that he only did so because his brother Vali asked him to? In his last moments on Earth, Vali made Sugriva promise to marry his beautiful and wise wife Tara, and to always follow her advise, because she was so intelligent in state affairs. It was very hard for Sugriva, who had held Tara in great esteem, to accept her as his wife, but at the wishes of not only Vali, but also Shri Ram, he did so. And also, widows at that time were treated disrespectfully, and Sugriva saved Tara's honor by marrying her. And if he followed his elder brother's and Shri Ram's order's, what he did was NOT wrong.
And did you know that Sugriva is an incarnation of Lord Surya? His personality is far from what you made it out to be, and I think you need to re-read the Ramayana in a new light before saying anything against ANY character. How can you speak so sinfully about Vibhishan and Sugriva, knowing them to be godly figures who were blessed by Shri Ram? Especially Vibhishan. He was a person who ALWAYS followed Dharma, and never looked at Mandodari in any way other than his mother!
And no one is comparing Lakshmanji to Sugriva and Vibhishan. We all know that he is a great tyagi, and the incarnation of Sesh-Naga, the divine serpent on whom Lord Vishnu forever rests. We all know that Lakshmanji looked at Sitaji as his mother, but so did Vibhishan. Why can't you accept that?
We all respect Lakshmanji, and no one is saying anything against him, but there are also other great people in the Ramayana, and you should give credit to all of them.
So remember, no more BOLD letters, and no more censuring the holy characters of the Ramayana.

Thank you godisone.

I also like to point out that devotees of the Lord can never follow the part of unrighteous. If they did, then aren't real devotees, I know that not everyone scarfices like Laxmanji, but devotees do try their very best.

Ramayana was writtern by Valmikiji via instructed by brahmaji not because to tell the Story of Ramji, but to act as a manual, a guide for devotees on how to live an idealistic way. How to control your mind, senses, how to deal with situations, i.e when Ramji was getting crowned king at one minute and the next, was being told to go to the forest---he shows how to accept things, how situations come and go but your mind has to be calm, because whatever happens, it happened for good.
Outside objects or situations don't give your happiness or sorrows, that is just your karma. Even God had to face it but how to face it and accept situations, that was God's teaches us.

We know that Surgiva was a kami (interested in indulging with his senses) but he was the Lord's friend. He never forced Tara.

Edited by diva82 - 15 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you Rajnish and Diva82!😃
And I would also like to add something to what Diva82 said. It is true that Sugriva was a kami, but in our Hinduism religion, Kama is one of the Purusarthas (four aims of life) along with artha, dharma, and moksha. So Sugriva being a Kami was not really wrong, as long as he also followed his Dharma, and thanks to Lakshmana, he was awakened to his Dharma at the end of the monsoon season. I don't think one should argue against Sugriva, because along with many others, he was the beloved friend and devotee of Shri Ram, and he was also a great person (or vanara😊).
Plus, would Shri Ram choose adharmis as his friends???
saccy_mybaba thumbnail
this is my battle
all those you ignorants who thinks sugriva and vibhishana are pious and pure soul people,i just want to tell them they were not THEY WERE NEVER.
they were pimps who married and had sexual relations with their sister in laws.
and
VALI NEVER SAID TO SUGRIVA TO MARRY TARA,VALI JUST TOLD SUGRIVA TO FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF TARA NOT TO MARRY HER.
IF ANYONE HAS DOUBTS ABOUT THAT THEN HE CAN AGAIN READ KISHKINDHA KAND AT
ONLINE VERSION OF VALMIKI RAMAYAN.
AND SUGRIVA MARRIED TARA AFTER DEATH OF VALI AND HAD SEX WITH HER FOR CONTINOUS 4 MONTHS .
THEN VIBHISHANA MARRIED MANDODARI AND HAD PHYSICAL RELATIONS WITH HER.IN RAMCHARITMANAS TULSIDAS SAID THAT LORD RAMA SPARED VIBHISHANA WHO MARRIED HIS SISTER IN LAW( CHECK MY PREVIOUS LINK PAGES).
I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT SUGRIVA,TARA, VIBHISHANA AND MANDODARI WERE NOT GOOD PEOPLE
THEY WERE LOW PEOPLE,BLOODY LOW.
Edited by saccy_mybaba - 15 years ago
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: saccy_mybaba

this is my battle

all those you ignorants who thinks sugriva and vibhishana are pious and pure soul people,i just want to tell them they were not THEY WERE NEVER.
and
VALI NEVER SAID TO SUGRIVA TO MARRY TARA,VALI JUST TOLD SUGRIVA TO FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF TARA NOT TO MARRY HER.
AND SUGRIVA MARRIED TARA AFTER DEATH OF VALI AND HAD SEX WITH HER FOR CONTINOUS 4 MONTHS .
THEN VIBHISHANA MARRIED MANDODARI AND HAD PHYSICAL RELATIONS WITH HER.IN RAMCHARITMANAS TULSIDAS SAID THAT LORD RAMA SPARED VIBHISHANA WHO MARRIED HIS SISTER IN LAW( CHECK MY PREVIOUS LINK PAGES).
I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT SUGRIVA,TARA, VIBHISHANA AND MANDODARI WERE NOT GOOD PEOPLE

yOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!
Edited by MusicalAiswarya - 15 years ago

YOU CALL US IGNORANT??? YOU ARE THE ONE IGNORANT!!!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

this is my battle

and

Okay, I've never used language like this before, and I'll probably regret it later, but SHUT UP!!!😡 Who do you think you are, HUH? Some Ramayan Pundit? Which Ramayan did you read? In fact, did you read Ramayan at all?😡 How DARE you call one of the Pancha Maha Kanyas like Mandodari low?😡😡😡 You are sinning just by saying that! Her name is pure and forever will be! And also Vibhishan, Sugriva, and Tara? Are you even a Ram Bhakta? Do you know what the meaning of a devotee to the Lord is? You are no devotee if you take the names of other Ram devotees in vain! All I'm saying is, May Lord Ramji save you!
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
saccy_mybaba, If you say that you do not consider Sugriv, Tara, Vibhishan, Mandodari as great as Ram, Laxman, Sita, Bharat, Hanuman and certain other characters in Ramayan, then I will agree. But it is wrong to call them a spimps, as low etc. Note that Sugriv, Tara, Vibhishan, Mandodari did not marry anybody forcibly.
_rajnish_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

i think u need a doctor to cheak up ur mind. are u mad ur what????😕 what is the need of starting this topic again and again😕 and how dare u call us ignorant😡😡😡. u r the fool who are bashing pious ppl who were friend of lord and ppl who are considered as virtuas as goddess😡😡. dont u know our culture . plz dont spoil our peaceful forum by ur rubbish talks😕
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajnish_here

i think u need a doctor to cheak up ur mind. are u mad ur what????😕 what is the need of starting this topic again and again😕 and how dare u call us ignorant😡😡😡. u r the fool who are bashing pious ppl who were friend of lord and ppl who are considered as virtuas as goddess😡😡. dont u know our culture . plz dont spoil our peaceful forum by ur rubbish talks😕

I agree with you 100% Rajnish! This person is unnecessarily trying to get attention! Mods, please close this topic!
🤢 PLEASE CLOSE THIS POST< IT IS DRIVING ME BONKERS! SEE? I CAN WRITE IN BOLD TOO! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE CLOSE THIS POST!!!
PLease Everyone, excuse me for this language....Saccy_Mybaba, SHUT UP!!!!! Have you realized that NO ONE is listening to you?