Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saccy_mybaba thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

IT HAS BEEN CLEARLY WRITTEN BY TULSIDAS IN 'RAMCHARITMANAS' THAT SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA REPEATED THE SAME CRIME OF VALI(MAKING A BROTHER'S WIFE THEIR CONSORT) MARRYING TARA AND MANDODARI BUT LORD RAMA IS SO MERCIFUL TO HIS DEVOTEES THAT HE FORGAVE THEM AND PAID NO ATTENTION TO THEIR CRIMES.

CHECK THE LINK IN MY FIRST POST.
AND MANY MANY TIMES THIS POINT IS GIVEN AGAINST SATI PRATHA THAT WOMEN LIKE TARA AND MANDODARI DIDN'T COMMIT SATI AFTER DEATH OF THEIR HUSBAND INSTEAD THEY MARRIED THEIR BROTHER IN LAW SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA.
BUT GREAT SOULS LIKE LAKSHMAN JI ANS SITAJI PRACTISE HIGHEST IDOLS AND VALUES IN THEIR LIFE THEY CONSIDERED THEIR SISTER IN LAW AS THEIR MOTHER AND BROTHER IN LAW AS SON.
SO I SALUTE TO LAKSHMANJI WHO WAS FAR FAR GREATER THEN TRAITOR LIKE VIBHISHANA AND
SUGRIVA.
coolpurvi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have doubt whether Mandodari remarried
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: saccy_mybaba

IT HAS BEEN CLEARLY WRITTEN BY TULSIDAS IN 'RAMCHARITMANAS' THAT SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA REPEATED THE SAME CRIME OF VALI(MAKING A BROTHER'S WIFE THEIR CONSORT) MARRYING TARA AND MANDODARI BUT LORD RAMA IS SO MERCIFUL TO HIS DEVOTEES THAT HE FORGAVE THEM AND PAID NO ATTENTION TO THEIR CRIMES.

CHECK THE LINK IN MY FIRST POST.
AND MANY MANY TIMES THIS POINT IS GIVEN AGAINST SATI PRATHA THAT WOMEN LIKE TARA AND MANDODARI DIDN'T COMMIT SATI AFTER DEATH OF THEIR HUSBAND INSTEAD THEY MARRIED THEIR BROTHER IN LAW SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA.
BUT GREAT SOULS LIKE LAKSHMAN JI ANS SITAJI PRACTISE HIGHEST IDOLS AND VALUES IN THEIR LIFE THEY CONSIDERED THEIR SISTER IN LAW AS THEIR MOTHER AND BROTHER IN LAW AS SON.
SO I SALUTE TO LAKSHMANJI WHO WAS FAR FAR GREATER THEN TRAITOR LIKE VIBHISHANA AND
SUGRIVA.

Sugriv and Vibhishan can't be compared to Vali. Vali forced ruma to keep a relation with him when her husband was alive...Sugriv and Vibhishan married their brothers wives when they were a widow.May be in t hose times, widows had no respect ..u know how the society treats them...so may be they were right if we consider those times.
saccy_mybaba thumbnail

coolpurvi ji

tulsi das in ramchritmanas has clearly stated that vibhishana married mandodari.

SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA BOTH KILLED THEIR BROTHERS AND MARRIED THEIR WIDOWED SISTER IN LAWS(TARA AND MANDODARI) AND KEPT THEM AS THEIR CONSORTS BUT THEY ARE NOT AS GREATEST AS LAKSHMAN JI WHO CONSIDERED HIS BHABHI SISTER IN LAW AS HIS MOTHER.

saccy_mybaba thumbnail
WHAT A CONTRAST
ONE SIDE WE HAVE LAKSHMANA THE GREAT IN RAMAYANA WHO CONSIDERED HIS BHABHI(SISTER IN LAW) AS HIS MOTHER.
AND THEN WE HAVE THESE TWO TRAITORS NAMED SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA WHO KILLED THEIR ELDER BROTHERS AND MARRIED THEIR BHABHI(SISTER IN LAW) TARA AND MANDODARI AND HASD SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THEM.
WOW WHAT A CONTRST I JUST WANT TO SPIT ON SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA AND TARA AND MANDODARI.
saccy_mybaba thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
even that sugriva had physical relations with tara but THIS TRUTH WAS NOT SHOWN IN SERIAL.
SO HOW CAN THAT SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA BE NOBLE WHO MARRIED THEIR SISTER IN LAWS AFTER DEATH OF THEIR BROTHERS AND HAD PHYSICAL RELATIONS WITH THEIR SISTER IN LAWS.
coolpurvi thumbnail
r u a sick or something. whats the need of raising this same topic again n again. we r more interested in our Lord Ram, Sita, Laxman, bharat , hanuman. they r our ideals

mods please close this topic
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: saccy_mybaba

WHAT A CONTRAST

ONE SIDE WE HAVE LAKSHMANA THE GREAT IN RAMAYANA WHO CONSIDERED HIS BHABHI(SISTER IN LAW) AS HIS MOTHER.
AND THEN WE HAVE THESE TWO TRAITORS NAMED SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA WHO KILLED THEIR ELDER BROTHERS AND MARRIED THEIR BHABHI(SISTER IN LAW) TARA AND MANDODARI AND HASD SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THEM.
WOW WHAT A CONTRST I JUST WANT TO SPIT ON SUGRIVA AND VIBHISHANA AND TARA AND MANDODARI.

EXCUSE ME!!! Do you think that just because you talk in bold letters, your point will get across more??? Second of all, saying you want to spit on Sugriva and Vibhishana is a SIN!!! Did you hear that? I can talk in bold too, so there's no NEED to do that! And I will never agree with you that Vibhishan married Mandodari. She was called a pativrata who was always devoted to her husband, and Vibhishan DID treat her as his mother. And why do you keep calling him a traitor? Are you saying Ravan shouldn't have died? It was all the plan of Gods, and everything that happened, happened for a reason.

In the old Ramayan, before Vibhishan left Lanka, he had conversed with his mother before deciding what to do. She had told him that since Ravan exiled him, there was nothing wrong in joining Shri Ram. #1, because he had to follow Ravan, who was his elder brother's, command, and #2, if a King was doing adharm, it was the duty of his subjects to right the wrong, and since Vibhishan counted as Ravan's subject, he had to do what he could to save the family name and honor, even if it meant having a hand in killing Ravan. It wasn't because he wanted to be a king. It was because Ravan was sacrificing his sons, nephews, and subjects for one woman. If no one stood against him, the whole kingdom would have been destroyed and EVERYONE would have been blameworthy, not only Ravan. Plus, after Ravan died, Vibhishan, in his grief, refused to accept the kingship of Lanka, and Shri Ram had to lecture him on a King's Dharma to make him accept the kingship of Lanka.

Also, if you REALLY read Valmiki's Ramayana, you will see that long ago, when Ravan, Kumbhakarn, and Vibhishan were all meditating to Brahmaji, when Brahmaji finally appeared, Vibhishan's only wish was to always stick to the path of Dharma. How can one who has such a boon from Brahmaji be shown in such an awful light as you have shown? Did you know that Brahmaji blessed him with immortality, because he was such a righteous person? And nowhere have I read that Vibhishan married Mandodari, who is considered to be one of the Panch Kanyas. Did you know that just by uttering one of the Panch Kanya's names, one's sins are washed away? Mandodari would never marry Vibhishan, who she considered as a son, and he would never marry her, who he considered as his mother. I don't know what happened to her in the end, but I DO KNOW THAT SHE DID NOT MARRY VIBHISHAN.
As for Sugriva, he only killed Vali because he had kidnapped his wife. Wasn't Ram suffering from separation from his wife also? And Vali did adharm by kidnapping his younger brother's wife, who he should have considered as his daugher. It is right that he married Tara, but did you know that he only did so because his brother Vali asked him to? In his last moments on Earth, Vali made Sugriva promise to marry his beautiful and wise wife Tara, and to always follow her advise, because she was so intelligent in state affairs. It was very hard for Sugriva, who had held Tara in great esteem, to accept her as his wife, but at the wishes of not only Vali, but also Shri Ram, he did so. And also, widows at that time were treated disrespectfully, and Sugriva saved Tara's honor by marrying her. And if he followed his elder brother's and Shri Ram's order's, what he did was NOT wrong.
And did you know that Sugriva is an incarnation of Lord Surya? His personality is far from what you made it out to be, and I think you need to re-read the Ramayana in a new light before saying anything against ANY character. How can you speak so sinfully about Vibhishan and Sugriva, knowing them to be godly figures who were blessed by Shri Ram? Especially Vibhishan. He was a person who ALWAYS followed Dharma, and never looked at Mandodari in any way other than his mother!
And no one is comparing Lakshmanji to Sugriva and Vibhishan. We all know that he is a great tyagi, and the incarnation of Sesh-Naga, the divine serpent on whom Lord Vishnu forever rests. We all know that Lakshmanji looked at Sitaji as his mother, but so did Vibhishan. Why can't you accept that?
We all respect Lakshmanji, and no one is saying anything against him, but there are also other great people in the Ramayana, and you should give credit to all of them.
So remember, no more BOLD letters, and no more censuring the holy characters of the Ramayana.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: coolpurvi

I have doubt whether Mandodari remarried

She didn't. She was forever devoted to the memory of her husband, and Vibhishan respected her as his mother.
_rajnish_ thumbnail
well said lalitha 👏 agree with u😛