Users

Frequent Posters

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Update:

Quote of the Episode: Happy Endings Depend on Where the Story Ends

If you look at fairy tales, we cherish them a lot because of the happy endings they promise. The princess gets the prince and they live happily ever after. But do they? What if the story were to continue? Would they truly be as happy as they proclaim? What if they were to go through a new set of struggles? Would their relationship actually survive?

In Garv's proposal, he's offering Titli a lot of hope. Yes, she might have encountered bad experiences before, but she hasn't experienced them with him. And truth be told, there is truth to what he's saying as well. They haven't gone on this journey together so they don't even know what's awaiting them. They'll only know if they take that chance.

Now, had he been a different man, we would all have pushed Titli to take it. To not let her past overwhelm her present and future. To not deny or forbid herself from falling in love. But given the fact that it's Garv... loll, well, Titli's right in staying away.

am reminded of one of my favourite quotes I came across accidentally.

Gilbert K. Chesterton Quote: “Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children ...”

so similarly, happy endings provide the same kind of relief to audience; everyone is aware that not everything is tied in a neat bow especially when your reality is rather difficult but seeing happy endings gives one hope that things can work out nicely.

however, that said, not all happy endings look the same. as you grow up, you realize that sometimes a bittersweet ending can also be happy but it is up to the audience and their maturity to accept it.

for example, the last samurai movie had a bittersweet ending where we lost pretty much all these characters we loved. but it is one of my favourite endings and something I remember among the countless movies and dramas I have watched.

https://youtu.be/J2Cq7nKyZRw?t=45

was it fully happy? not necessarily so. but like the narrator says, "he found a small measure of peace" and sometimes that is what true happy endings are about. not the absence of future conflict but the characters finding a resilience to keep going and so you are left with the knowledge as a viewer that these characters you have enjoyed will be fine regardless of what happens.

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
OliviaP thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Although Badimaa's character is intolerable, I dont think she deserves domestic abuse. Infact no one should go through it. Real life domestic abuse is much horrifying and larger than what is shown in tv and film. I have come across few documentaries on this topic and you can still see that helplessness in the faces of victims. I think it can be horrifying to both women and their children.

What badimaa needs is a reality check. She should accept that manikant had never loved her and he wont able to do that in future also. May be titli can make her understand this.

Edited by Docworld - 1 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Docworld

Although Badimaa's character is intolerable, I dont think deserves domestic abuse. Infact no one should go through it. Real life domestic abuse is much horrifying and larger than what is shown in tv and film. I have come across few documentaries on this topic and you can still see that helplessness in the faces of victims. I think it can be horrifying to both women and their children.

What badimaa needs is a reality check. She should accept that manikant had never loved her and he wont able to do that in future also. May be titli can make her understand this.

badi maa does not want a reality check. manikant is in no way trying to delude her or cheat her. he is very direct in his derision, his frustration and his insults. he does not sugar coat one bit. badi maa wants to live in her delusions because that allows her to live in the house. if she was forced to confront the truth, then she will have to accept that there is no room for her in this house -- so where does she go? she will have to walk away from manikant who is the love of her life.

makes me wonder if garv learns his obsessive tendencies from badi maa.... what do folks think? how do you think badi maa is negatively influencing him? because she did not get a happy ending, will she allow garv to get one? won't she want him to be miserable subconsciously so that she gets to have his company and his support?

Redflag thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

badi maa does not want a reality check. manikant is in no way trying to delude her or cheat her. he is very direct in his derision, his frustration and his insults. he does not sugar coat one bit. badi maa wants to live in her delusions because that allows her to live in the house. if she was forced to confront the truth, then she will have to accept that there is no room for her in this house -- so where does she go? she will have to walk away from manikant who is the love of her life.

makes me wonder if garv learns his obsessive tendencies from badi maa.... what do folks think? how do you think badi maa is negatively influencing him? because she did not get a happy ending, will she allow garv to get one? won't she want him to be miserable subconsciously so that she gets to have his company and his support?

She is the one who is going manipulate Garv against Titli as it's already in previous episode
Leah347 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I feel like there’s also more to maina and koyal’s relationship too. It can’t possibly be all rosy, perhaps that will come out later too 🤔

Todays episode was interesting although Titli refusing to tell her family what happened with sanket, was annoying 😕

Leah347 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Docworld

Although Badimaa's character is intolerable, I dont think deserves domestic abuse. Infact no one should go through it. Real life domestic abuse is much horrifying and larger than what is shown in tv and film. I have come across few documentaries on this topic and you can still see that helplessness in the faces of victims. I think it can be horrifying to both women and their children.

Yeah, agreed. Nobody in no way deserves emotional/physical abuse. I think badi maa will be the real villian of their story (aside from Garv’s grey character). She’s pretty delusional about her position in their family and won’t be okay with Titli getting the respect and love that she didn’t get.
Leah347 thumbnail

Also, I’m hoping at some point they’ll clear the “ladke nahi rote” as a learning point for Garv, that anyone can cry.

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Redflag

She is the one who is going manipulate Garv against Titli as it's already in previous episode

yes I see her as a very manipulative villain. she will be the classic evil mother-in-law who will not want her son to be happy because that would mean she would lose the position in her house and no one is going to be paying any attention to her. in a way, it is very weird oedepial complex where the mom-in-law is essentially competing with the daughter-in-law for the same guy's attention.

this happens in real life where characters like badi maa have unhappy marriages themselves and get no attention from their husband. so the son becomes a kind of stand in and they expect him to jump up and down to make them happy.

badi maa will never accept titli because garv will inevitably keep titli above her. she wants someone who is naturally subservient to herself, who she can dominate and boss around like the servants and make herself about her miserable life. so she will push garv to treat titli badly.

aaf311 thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Even if not that, he is the one who she derives her identity from and the one she's financially dependent on (tho that could be easily be Garv as well)

Bhaari wala sawaal pucha ekdum 😆

I really don't want her to be someone who gets in the way of Garv's happiness. Maybe she might not make Titli's life easy, but she should understand that, at least for now, Garv's happiness lies with Titli. So i saw the SBS segment (link in the EDT thread) and usme Badima and Manikant give an interview. She says they agree because they want Garv to be happy, but at the same time, we see in today's precap, that Garv goes against his Badima to take a stand for Titli. I think this will be where your last statement comes in. Badima will see that for the first time (i think so) Garv has gone against her and it's not for his dad, his mom, his sisters or any family member, it's for TITLI. Someone she absolutely despises. So I don't think she would want Garv to be unhappy, but in attempt to make herself feel like she's someone priority, she'll try to instigate Garv against Titli, not realising that all she's doing is giving Garv misery. Reminds me of Dev-Ishwari-Sona (KRPKAB) a little bit, but of course this is all conjecture, so who knows what will actually happen.

And obviously, the situation in KRPKAB was very different.

With regards to obsessive tendencies, well, maybe? He's seen how his Badima was abandoned by his dad, and doesn't want the same to happen to himself? But then that would just be the circumstances rather than Badima's influence

aaf311 thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

yes I see her as a very manipulative villain. she will be the classic evil mother-in-law who will not want her son to be happy because that would mean she would lose the position in her house and no one is going to be paying any attention to her. in a way, it is very weird oedepial complex where the mom-in-law is essentially competing with the daughter-in-law for the same guy's attention.

this happens in real life where characters like badi maa have unhappy marriages themselves and get no attention from their husband. so the son becomes a kind of stand in and they expect him to jump up and down to make them happy.

badi maa will never accept titli because garv will inevitably keep titli above her. she wants someone who is naturally subservient to herself, who she can dominate and boss around like the servants and make herself about her miserable life. so she will push garv to treat titli badly.

Okay so I just posted the same thing you did, but had some work in the middle toh aadhe ghante tak woh draft hi reh gaya 😆