Is it worth watching?

Twinklestar139 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Hi everyone. I discovered a few promos of this show on youtube and was wondering if this show is worth giving a try to? I'm constantly trying to find something good to watch on ITV and when I saw the promo of this show, it kinda reminded me of shows that used to air a couple years back. Is there a lot of saas bahu/ family drama in this one? Don't want to start watching it for it to turn regressive later on with glorifying toxicity as romance. I'm a sucker for romance but it has to be done right.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AvantikaP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Too early to say.

I decided to watch this show to escape from the twisted stories currently running on Star.and keep my sanity

Not sure where the story will lead to in future but it is a new show and giving it ago.

OliviaP thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yep. It is... The show has its share of usual itv stuff. But the lead pair is good and also the bgm

teribts7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

it's cute but after marriage is where the story starts

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Twinklestar139

Hi everyone. I discovered a few promos of this show on youtube and was wondering if this show is worth giving a try to? I'm constantly trying to find something good to watch on ITV and when I saw the promo of this show, it kinda reminded me of shows that used to air a couple years back. Is there a lot of saas bahu/ family drama in this one? Don't want to start watching it for it to turn regressive later on with glorifying toxicity as romance. I'm a sucker for romance but it has to be done right.

waving hello! so I was looking for another drama to watch since KA has become a borefest. so far, the drama looks good.

plus points:

-- FL has lots of wardrobe choices, some of which are good. she is not wearing some stupid synthetic nylon top with sweat stains.

-- ML and FL keep falling on each other and there is sizzle -- after having been through a drought of no romance, we can do well with the romantic tropes. πŸ˜‚

-- there seems to be mutual attraction from both ML and FL and it is fun to watch

-- ML seems to be grey and we have no idea what his arc will be -- so far, they haven't given him brain transplant and made him into saint. it also seems unlikely given the promo.

-- complicated family dynamics and history for both ML and FL and so far, they are bringing in the drama. this does not look like they will resolve this in one episode with ML saying, "yes, I forgive you. lets be friends.". thank goodness. πŸ˜†

-- the drama is giving us some interesting stuff to chat about. so we are having fun. check it out!

heavenlybliss thumbnail

im finding it slow and boring since the past week...waiting for the marriage to happen

initial episodes were good though

Twinklestar139 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

waving hello! so I was looking for another drama to watch since KA has become a borefest. so far, the drama looks good.

plus points:

-- FL has lots of wardrobe choices, some of which are good. she is not wearing some stupid synthetic nylon top with sweat stains.

-- ML and FL keep falling on each other and there is sizzle -- after having been through a drought of no romance, we can do well with the romantic tropes. πŸ˜‚

-- there seems to be mutual attraction from both ML and FL and it is fun to watch

-- ML seems to be grey and we have no idea what his arc will be -- so far, they haven't given him brain transplant and made him into saint. it also seems unlikely given the promo.

-- complicated family dynamics and history for both ML and FL and so far, they are bringing in the drama. this does not look like they will resolve this in one episode with ML saying, "yes, I forgive you. lets be friends.". thank goodness. πŸ˜†

-- the drama is giving us some interesting stuff to chat about. so we are having fun. check it out!

ahh mango... i didn't know you watch this show. I completely dropped KA cause there was nothing left to see in it. I'm going to try catching up on this one but the moment it gets regressive and boring I'll probably drop this too. I'll keep on the lookout for your essays here though lol.
Noorain13 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

The reason why I’m giving this a go is because there won’t be too much Saas bahu drama or family politics or that’s what I’m hoping at least. I think the concentration will be on the different shades of the ML and how the FL handles it. I kinda get Maya vibes from Garv lol and Beyhadh is one of my all time favorite shows.

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Twinklestar139

ahh mango... i didn't know you watch this show. I completely dropped KA cause there was nothing left to see in it. I'm going to try catching up on this one but the moment it gets regressive and boring I'll probably drop this too. I'll keep on the lookout for your essays here though lol.

kekek.. I did write a few long posts -- that were essays. πŸ˜‚ you can check out the 'performative feminism or misleading promo' thread and you will find the discussion if you are interested. πŸ˜†

but yea, I have also more or less dropped KA. not finding the interest to see the full episodes though I lurk at the forum and maybe see few clips now and then.

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago