Episode 16 - Thoughts

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

I had some thoughts and points that I wanted to share for today's episode.

TiRv Ki Shart

After yet another fall-and-catch moment, Garv asks Titli to come to court as an alibi for him. She agrees on the one condition that he gives a genuine smile.

• Garv once again pre-judges Titli by assuming she wanted in money return for being an alibi. I guess this will become a habit of Garv where he consistently misjudges her.

• Titli's condition of being an alibi in exchange for his smile was... something. I get that all ITV shows have this trope where the FL is all sunshine and rainbows who tries to change the ML into becoming the same. What I'm failing to understand is why this is so important. So what if Garv doesn't smile 24/7? How does it matter to Titli? She doesn't know him. At most, they've known each other for three days. Whether he smiles or not should not be of any concern to her. (Besides, we have seen Garv smile and joke around with his Badi Maa and Monica, so it's not like he's a complete stranger to the act. If he doesn't want to smile or be friendly with Titli then that's okay; it's not that big of a deal.

While we're on that note, I don't know how it is in the East, but in the West, there is a bit of discourse where women are being discouraged from being told to smile all the time. The reason for this being the act of smiling masks negative emotions like anger, or sadness. If she does showcase these emotions it's always reasoned as hormones, PMs, or the woman just being plain bitchy. Personally, I'm not the kind of person who's smiling or laughing all the damn time either. I do it when the situation calls for it, for everything else I always have my resting face on which just so happens to look like it's one of anger. If somebody that I never knew constantly told me to keep smiling, I would get pissed at them too.

Decorations

The aesthetics looked great! Very vibrant, bright, and colorful, and at the same time quite clean too. I also liked how Garv never shies from complimenting Titli on the work she does. In other shows, the ML is often shown as being dismissive of the FL's work, taunting them, or challenging them to do better. It's nice to see the opposite happen, that too in such a casual manner.

Badi Maa

There are hints in her interaction with Titli where I feel she will soften up, but then she flips it around by doing something even more annoying and idiotic. While her aim was to ruin Titli's hard work, how did she not realize that having broken arrangements will be a bad look for the family too?

As a character, she has a lot of internalized misogyny that I would like to see tackled and explored. Something I don't want to see is her constant harp on not wanting Titli as Garv's wife (which we all know is going to happen so for her to consistently yell the opposite is becoming annoying).

Bigamy (?)

Like most people, I'm also confused by the relationship dynamic between Badi Maa and Garv's father, (Manan? Correct me if I'm wrong on the name). I actually like his wife. The way she communicates, the relationship she has with her husband, and even Badi Maa for that matter is pleasant to watch. Personally, I think she's the second wife and Badi Maa might have been the first. I'm hoping a divorce had taken place before the second marriage, otherwise, I really don't see how Garv would have been okay with this setup. Also, I don't get why he would call his own mom Badi Maa and not just Maa? Unless she's not really his mom?

As I said, this is all really confusing and I hope it gets resolved soon. This is one confusion that does not need to be stretched for so long.

Parallels

Some parallels that I thought were worth mentioning:

• Kaka/Kaki vs. Garv's parents: Kaka is obviously under a lot of financial stress whereas Manan is constantly stressed because of Badi Maa. Both wives tried to help relieve some of that stress but only one fully succeeded while the other did so partially.

It was a cute moment when Kaki brought the game of snakes and ladders, and for a moment was able to divert her husband's attention and have him indulge in some comfort food. Unfortunately, she ruined the moment by bringing up Titli's marriage via the digital market. While it wasn't right for Kaka to get that level of anger, I can see why he did. It hasn't even been a full week since the first marriage was broken off and Kaki was already thinking of another. Not to mention all the financial debts they were already in would have been compounded if they pursued another wedding. Even though finances weren't brought up in this scene, I liked how Kaka mentioned that Rahul turned out to be an utter douchebag even after all their inquiries. Looking for someone over the Internet would be even more foolish.

Manan, obviously stressed by Badi Maa's actions, is successfully calmed down by his wife. She not only reminds him of why they put up with Badi Maa, but also of the compromises she has had to make (which I'm curious to find out as well). Then her diversion of having him look at the personalized gifts she brought was another sweet moment where he in return complimented her for her compassion and thought. There was a lot of love and respect shown in this scene and I'm personally in favor of their relationship succeeding.

• Second wives: We've seen Rahul trying to dupe Titli and have her be the second wife without her knowledge. As far as I know, Titli's marriage would have been considered illegal. In the Mehta household, there seems to be a similar case going on with the difference being there is no secrecy. Everything is out in the open and while certain individuals may not be entirely happy with the situation, it is still accepted.

Although she's not a second wife, Alka had complained to her husband that he didn't wear the kurta she laid out for him because she's not his first love. So there's that.

Concluding Thoughts:

I liked today's episode. We got quite a few romantic moments between TiRv, a greater glimpse into the marital dynamics, an introduction to some more family members, and an overall progression where characters acted and moved towards an individual goal.

Hoping tomorrow's episode is the same as well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OliviaP thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

So it is out and clear.. Badi maa couldn't conceive and hence Manikanth married her own sister. I suppose that divorce might had happen. Otherwise it is illegal, right?? How come a lawyer himself allowed it

Anyways it is a disturbing scenario.Let's see how titli deals with it

aaf311 thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Agreed with everything you said. I also didn't understand that "smile or I'll be the reason you lose your license" deal. If it's a court case, then it's gotta be a big deal, and it seems Titli trivialised the matter with her condition of smiling. On top of that, she wanted Garv's smile to be not forced while also forcing him to smile

Same, I'm super glad he's open with his compliments! Really enjoyed that moment where he was just staring at Titli working and then got caught 😆

The decorations were very pleasing and pretty!

i couldn't understand why Badima was taking down the decor. It was her own family function after all. Why was she ruining it? Another family member came and went, but didn't question Badima on her actions

Niyashi thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

This badi maa is irritating. They are giving her SS as she is related to Garv 's trauma. Hence he is so touchy about her. The family dynamics is weird.

The smile shart is quite stupid honestly. Forcing him to smile and yet telling him that smile should be from heart 😂😂😂

a big LOL. But it is done so that they are connected.

Even i was surprised by Garv genuinely appreciating Titli 's work. It's a rare thing in Itv.

In the scene while trying to take her number he looked so cute and shy. He was unable to explain anything to badi maa .

He is getting affected due to physical intimacy they have shared in short span of time.

Everytime they meet BANG she is in his arms 🤭.Not complaining though it is required to affect a character like Garv. He will surely feel jealous seeing someone coming that close to Titli even if he hasn't fallen in love.

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Docworld

So it is out and clear.. Badi maa couldn't conceive and hence Manikanth married her own sister. I suppose that divorce might had happen. Otherwise it is illegal, right?? How come a lawyer himself allowed it

Anyways it is a disturbing scenario.Let's see how titli deals with it

Even though a few things were cleared, I'm still confused about what happened in the puja. Badi Maa had the sindoor and mangulsutra on while her sister didn't. If a divorce did occur, then I don't see why Badi Maa will still wear her sriangaars unless they're just for symbolism?

I wonder what the circumstances were for their marriage. It would have made Manikanth's life a lot easier had he gotten married to Mehna the first time around. 😆

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: aaf311

Agreed with everything you said. I also didn't understand that "smile or I'll be the reason you lose your license" deal. If it's a court case, then it's gotta be a big deal, and it seems Titli trivialised the matter with her condition of smiling. On top of that, she wanted Garv's smile to be not forced while also forcing him to smile

Same, I'm super glad he's open with his compliments! Really enjoyed that moment where he was just staring at Titli working and then got caught 😆

The decorations were very pleasing and pretty!

i couldn't understand why Badima was taking down the decor. It was her own family function after all. Why was she ruining it? Another family member came and went, but didn't question Badima on her actions

Right! They could still have gone with the smiling practice gig by Titli being like, "Behen ki shaadi hai, thoda sa toh smile kar lo. Nahi aata, toh mujhse seekho." It still would have worked. As for the deal, just have her agree to it without any strings attached. That still would have added a compassionate and selfless layer to her and made a good impression on Garv.

Today's scene was super cute too when he complimented her! Garv ki nazar toh baar baar sirf Titli ki taraf jaa rahi thi. 😆

Badi Maa ki yehi toh problem hai. She doesn't think before she says or does something. If she took even just one second to do so itni saari gaaliyan nahi suni parti usse. Alka toh aag lagane ka kaam karegi. Usne toh aaj Mehna ko bhi taana maara. Jab Titli ghar mein aayegi, I'm sure Badi Maa ke kaan bharegi.

Edited by asmaanixx - 1 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Niyashi

This badi maa is irritating. They are giving her SS as she is related to Garv 's trauma. Hence he is so touchy about her. The family dynamics is weird.

The smile shart is quite stupid honestly. Forcing him to smile and yet telling him that smile should be from heart 😂😂😂

a big LOL. But it is done so that they are connected.

Even i was surprised by Garv genuinely appreciating Titli 's work. It's a rare thing in Itv.

In the scene while trying to take her number he looked so cute and shy. He was unable to explain anything to badi maa .

He is getting affected due to physical intimacy they have shared in short span of time.

Everytime they meet BANG she is in his arms 🤭.Not complaining though it is required to affect a character like Garv. He will surely feel jealous seeing someone coming that close to Titli even if he hasn't fallen in love.

Hmm, I think you're right about Badi Maa being related to Garv's trauma. I don't think it's as simple as Garv simply witnessing her being blamed all the time. I think there may be more to it that we don't know as of yet.

Hahaha, the irony in their deal is so cute and silly. But hey, if it gets Garv to be smitten over a smiling Titli then I'm all for it! However, Titli ke yehi muskartein hue din hum sab ko yaad aayenge when things become dark for her. 👀

Haina! School ke din yaad aa gaye jab ladka ladki numbers exchange kar re ho in a casual way so that kissi ko shaq na ho, but sab ko already pata hai ki kya mamla hai. 😂

Oh my gosh, Garv toh pakka latoo hote jaa ra hai. I mean, iski nazar ko toh dekhooooo

Abhi se yeh haal hai iska, aage jaake kya hoga.

Oh for sure! I would love to see a thodi si possessive Titli too. ❤️

aaf311 thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Right! They could still have gone with the smiling practice gig by Titli being like, "Behen ki shaadi hai, thoda sa toh smile kar lo. Nahi aata, toh mujhse seekho." It still would have worked. As for the deal, just have her agree to it without any strings attached. That still would have added a compassionate and selfless layer to her and made a good impression on Garv.

Today's scene was super cute too when he complimented her! Garv ki nazar toh baar baar sirf Titli ki taraf jaa rahi thi. 😆

Badi Maa ki yehi toh problem hai. She doesn't think before she says or does something. If she took even just one second to do so itni saari gaaliyan nahi suni parti usse. Alka toh aag lagane ka kaam karegi. Usne toh aaj Mehna ko bhi taana maara. Jab Titli ghar mein aayegi, I'm sure Badi Maa ke kaan bharegi.

Yeah, your idea sounds load better.

It could have been a taunt too. "itne khadus hai, behen ki shaadi mein bhi smile nahi karte." And then prove her wrong, simple.

Yeah, these eye locks are crazy lol

Aadha show toh gir girke, aankhon mein aanken daalke hi niklega 😆

Yeah, man. Badima needs to change her behaviour. Like seriously. It'll get too annoying sooner rather than later.

Edited by aaf311 - 1 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: aaf311

Yeah, your idea sounds load better.

It could have been a taunt too. "itne khadus hai, behen ki shaadi mein bhi smile nahi karte." And then prove her wrong, simple.

Yeah, these eye locks are crazy lol

Aadha show toh gir girke, aankhon mein aanken daalke hi niklega 😆

Yeah, man. Badima needs to change her behaviour. Like seriously. It'll get too annoying sooner rather than later.

Right! Or they could have just shown Garv smiling with his close family members and being a little reserved with those who are not. Which again, is a totally normal behavior as not everyone mingles happily with people they don't know too well.

Hahaha, even though it's the same trope, somehow TiRv make it super magical. Like in today's episode, their eyelock was so intense jab uss bande ne sorry bol kar interrupt kiya, I literally felt the tension break.

I hope so too! It's a very deep conditioning that will need to be altered but the first step is for her to be willing to change. Agar woh khud raazi nahi hogi, then sab lakh koshish kar le, but kuch nahi hoga.

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

only in hindi serial will a FL give commands like she is the boss. 😂

why on earth does she want a smile? she sounded like she was flirting with him! 🤣 he is her client. shouldn't she have some sort of boundary? but ofcourse, she is the FL which means she will give random people lectures and hugs.