Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natkhat_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Jumping in to say - the promos for SP shows are generally misleading. ITV is very weird in terms of bigamy and laws, mainly because it is all about the drama and two women fighting it out for a man gets them good ratings.

However they have a general rule of thumb they almost always follow - the ML will act like an ass, talk rubbish and act out of his character when the script demands - but will never physically cheat on a woman. Same in terms of physical abuse. I do not really remember watching a show where the ML beats a woman and ends up with her. Even in forced marriages like that of Arnav-Khushi or Raghav-Pallavi, the heroes have never hit their wives or cheated on them.

I think the hard limit for the ITV audience is cheating/wife-beating and the writers are always cautionary with their approach to these topics. Physical abuse in Doli Armaanon Ki or Saubhayavati Bhav were never endorsed and the FL never ended up with the abuser.
As someone who has always watched ITV for the romance/love stories and not really for the FL’s journey alone (I know it makes me sound very shallow), I’m hoping Garv doesn’t actually physically abuse her, because I don’t think the audience will want (and neither should they) them together.
Things like divorce/misunderstandings/fights/harsh words can be forgiven by the audience but cheating and physical assault is rarely given a pass.

Ipsita1470 thumbnail

Hey guys, catching up with all the threads on this forum and cannot help but fall in love with this discussion regarding the different notions of feminism in India. As others have rightly pointed out, this is a really thought-provoking and eye-opening conversation for not only those who have moved abroad, but also those who live here yet are unintentionally ignorant about this issue.

And now I cannot stop myself from sharing some of my thoughts.

Although I do not have any first hand experience of working with the abuse victims and survivors, since I'm a cognitive psychologist, but I have learnt a thing or two about marital abuse from my colleagues and classmates who have counselled/are counselling the victims of domestic violence. It pains me greatly how invariably flawed the perception of abuse and an abuser is for a large majority of people.

In so many cases, the victims are often ostracized and shunned by their own community of friends and relatives, instead of receiving their unconditional support, just because they decided to walk away from a relationship with a partner who was considered 'perfect' in the eyes of the world. And mind me, I'm not talking about India right now, since we all are very well aware of how screwed is the situation here regarding the mental health and rights of abuse victims. The above mentioned example is the scenario of a country which is revered for its progressive-ness in the eastern world.

It is very important for us to understand that an abuser does not always fit the stereotype of a "Kabir Singh" who heavily exudes the bad boy energy. Sometimes, a man who appears to have a successful career, is a dutiful son, and even a good boyfriend may also turn out to be a really bad husband.

This is where this show is winning.

I love how the show clearly demonstrates that a person (here, Garv) who can be regarded as a hero in someone's life (here, Badi maa and the other women in Garv's family) can be perceived as a villain in someone else's life (here, Titli).

Such situations occur quite frequently in real life as well, we just fail to comprehend or acknowledge them properly. 💔

Edited by Ipsita1470 - 1 years ago
Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail

Just caught up with almost all episodes watching the last 2 tonight but so far I feel the promo is misleading. Its shown us a side of garv that now in the episodes so far has not even been reflected a second. I would have expected if the promo was actually proving he is evil that there is atleast a slight hint towards it from his behaviour till date. Maybe garv has a deep hidden past that brings out this evil nature in him which we till date have not been confronted with and that could be the reason he would act like this.

But the promo shared by aaf311 makes me believe maybe garv has a dual personality which is unknown to him. Or maybe he is somewhat overposessive at times towards her. Its all confusing right now but i am loving the show in general so far. Not too much drag

Visszz thumbnail
Expressionist (July 2024) 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (August 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: natkhat_angel

Jumping in to say - the promos for SP shows are generally misleading. ITV is very weird in terms of bigamy and laws, mainly because it is all about the drama and two women fighting it out for a man gets them good ratings.

However they have a general rule of thumb they almost always follow - the ML will act like an ass, talk rubbish and act out of his character when the script demands - but will never physically cheat on a woman. Same in terms of physical abuse. I do not really remember watching a show where the ML beats a woman and ends up with her. Even in forced marriages like that of Arnav-Khushi or Raghav-Pallavi, the heroes have never hit their wives or cheated on them.

I think the hard limit for the ITV audience is cheating/wife-beating and the writers are always cautionary with their approach to these topics. Physical abuse in Doli Armaanon Ki or Saubhayavati Bhav were never endorsed and the FL never ended up with the abuser.
As someone who has always watched ITV for the romance/love stories and not really for the FL’s journey alone (I know it makes me sound very shallow), I’m hoping Garv doesn’t actually physically abuse her, because I don’t think the audience will want (and neither should they) them together.
Things like divorce/misunderstandings/fights/harsh words can be forgiven by the audience but cheating and physical assault is rarely given a pass.

But now Ema is the trending of almost shows....

Simple story will make a triangle story ....Years ago,in whatever way male lead will butchered but he is atleast loyal to the female lead....But now hero willingly havé Ema....And worst of the scenerio was that will be female leads friend or sister and their bond will also ruin