Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ragazza_dolce thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

she is such a weirdo -- even I feel like yelling "you are a moron!" at the stuff that comes out of her mouth. also, she looks way too weird (as well as rather ugly - no one hit me with chappals). πŸ˜†

As far as I remember, I've always seen the actor playing the role of Badi ma, playing negative roles in her previous shows so maybe that's the reason ki woh positive character play kar rahi hai yeh hazam nahi hi raha haiπŸ€ͺ

aaf311 thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Bhavisweet03

That's right. Currently enjoying the show. But yes I do want more Garv scenes.

In promo I didn't find him that much handsomeπŸ˜‰ but he looks damn good in the episodes.

Badima is too dramatic. Actually I had a feeling that she is somehow related to Garv.

Dude same! I want to see more Garv too! He's so dreamyyyy

Garv has his first 3 (maybe 4 lol) shirt buttons open most of the time, even in the lift at WORK. Like I'm not complaining, more fun for me ☺️ but dude you're at work, no wonder those girls are crazy for him πŸ˜†

Can't wait for more interaction between Garv and Titli, these past few episodes have been so slow that way and Garv was hardly there in the first 2 weeks

Yeah, can't figure out the family dynamics at all yet. Need more episodes to know

Edited by aaf311 - 1 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: aaf311

Garv has his first 3 (maybe 4 lol) shirt buttons open most of the time, even in the lift at WORK. Like I'm not complaining, more fun for me ☺️ but dude you're at work, no wonder those girls are crazy for him πŸ˜†

Can't wait for more interaction between Garv and Titli, these past few episodes have been so slow that way and Garv was hardly there in the first 2 weeks

Yeah, can't figure out the family dynamics at all yet. Need more episodes to know

hahahah... thats why I wonder if he will be anti-hero -- do villains show off their chiseled chest so much? 🀣

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Docworld

In today's episode, we got a short glimpse of Garv's contradictory behaviour.. Like how easily he convince monica's husband forgive her abusive husband and give him another chance. So Garv definitely has an other side.

Guys.. I have a doubt. Who is badi maa's husband?Did Garv's father married twice??Some other lady was shown as his wife infront of guests.

Hmm, based on that scene I'm wondering if Garv believes in employing redemptive and rehabilitative methods before opting for the punitive. In that same scene, he had questioned Tanya on whether this was the first time her husband hit her to which she said yes. In their three years of marriage if this was the first wrong act, then to Garv, it would make sense to try to reconcile matters first before punishing him.

Some other things which he mentioned that I found interesting were:

• "Kabhi kabhi ache insaan se bhi, maaf na karne layak galtiyan ho jaati hai." - It's definitely foreshadowing what's to come between him and Titli, but I have a feeling it's also alluding to what may have happened in his past. Perhaps he committed an unforgivable, irredeemable crime that cannot easily be revoked. If he was unduly punished for this mistake, then again, I can see why he would prefer the redemptive path.

• He emphasized the fact that Tanya had invested three years of her life into the relationship. She very well could leave her husband as she would be well within her right to do so, but then that would mean those three years would be a waste. Looking back on those years would hold a lot of pain and heartbreak too.

I'm not sure if this was another foreshadowing of perhaps Titli being with him for such a long time that she can't get out of the relationship. (If kids get involved then it would be even more difficult).

To follow up that scene, when Monica asked if Garv would have given her the same advice, just before he joked with her, he did ponder over her question and said no. To me, it hinted that Garv may have different rules for the people who are close in his life and for those who are not. I don't know if it's to show him as being hypocritical or if it's meant to push him to see matters from a different perspective.

As for Badi Maa's husband, I'm not sure. I don't think it's Garv's dad as he has a wife with whom he's pretty happy with. That lady is also totally chill with Badi Maa as if they're relatives. I doubt Badi Maa would be so loving and chill with her husband's mistress. I think one of the guests had addressed her as being Vivaan's elder sister. Do we know who Vivaan is?

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Niyashi

The promo is amazing and it does gives us an idea that Garv's love is like a cage.He definitely has trauma . As someone said his dark side may appear after developing feeling for Titli.

In the promos his expressions clearly shows that he is not intentionally trying to hurt her and he is unable to control his jealousy and insecurities.

The dress he bought with love gets rejected by Titli and he acts as if she rejected him. It shows he is an insecure posessive man.

Right now i just want to enjoy the journey of him falling for Titli.

Yes! I am very much looking forward to seeing his journey of realizing his wrong behavior and wanting to do better and be better. As for Titli, she has a quiet confidence that I'm liking a lot. She doesn't get into unnecessary arguments or give long moral lectures. When something's wrong, she points it out politely, and to all the gossipmongers, she highlights their mistakes in a calming manner. Moreover, whether someone stands with her or not, she will do what's ultimately right for herself which is so important to teach young girls these days. It is possible to do both right by the family and for oneself.

Your point about him being jealous and insecure is again interesting. I wonder if that stems from his parents' dynamic? Cuz once he's married to Titli, I don't see what he has to be jealous or insecure about. The woman's already yours. Aur kya chahiye? πŸ˜†

asmaanixx thumbnail

No, check the link, it's a different promo! They show Garv and Titli getting married and then life after that and all

Yeah, i mean it would definitely be better if the show didn't go down that track of abuse, seeing as itv hardly ever deals with those concepts sensitively and in an appropriate manner, but oh well

Enjoying the show though. like it's kinda cringe at times, but which show isn't πŸ˜†

Garv's badima is so overdramatic lol

Oh no! I checked right now and I gave the wrong link. The one I wanted to talk about was the one you shared. πŸ˜†

But if we go by the one I put up by mistake even that gives another insight into Garv's character. The exposure of his real colors, and the numerous faces he wears - it's all going to be a slow reveal to both the audience and Titli. With Rahul, we all see who he really was from the getgo. With Tanya's husband, this violent side of him was revealed to her after three years of their marriage. With Titli, who knows what the case would be. I don't think it's going to be anything fast and quick; everything is going to be a slow burn.

Yeahh, I mean the last thing I want is for Titli to become Anupama 2.0 or for a repeat of Pinjra Khubsurati Ka where the FL ended up with her abuser. If Garv is shown to be a physically violent abuser, I want Titli to get out of their ASAP and never show her fact to him again. It's like her Kaka said, people fight all the time but there's no need to use your hands for it. Just do it with your words instead.

Loll, Badi Maa ko takkar dene Titli ki Baa hai. Dono ke gunn gaan milte hai. πŸ˜†

Bhavisweet03 thumbnail

I have noticed same thing 🀭 most of the time his short buttons are open and it's so difficult for others to do workπŸ˜‰

And yes past episodes were completely based on Titli's family drama. Excited for Titli and Garv's journey.

Btw any name for this couple ?

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

This brings me back to my original question: the actions that we have seen from Garv thus far, are they all a mere performance for the audience so that they can be shocked by seeing how vile he is after his marriage with Titli? Or, was the promo misleading in terms of how Garv's character is going to pan out over the course of the story?

What do you all think? Let me know down in the comments below.

like others here, I think it might be misleading promo as I am not sure what to expect out of this drama so far. generally if it is drama that deals with abuse, usually the drama hints at it very loud and clear straight from the start -- the creepy music, the solo shots of the anti-hero/villain. so the audience is aware of what they are getting into. here, so far, we are getting typical serial entry for garv at the moment. at least this is from the few episodes I have seen. (if I can, I will catch up depending on time but most likely not)

that said, back to your question -- I was trying to figure out how to answer your question without getting into some political debate yesterday. in today's context, many of these words are not only loaded but also have different interpretations depending on which political party/ life experience / community / age / culture you belong to. depending on where we are in the world, things are not so necessarily black and white and neither do we have the same definition for these words.

even within India, we have different definitions for feminism. for some, women's rights can mean access to bathrooms, running water (rural backgrounds). for others, right to education. for some right to marry a groom of their choice within the arranged marriage market, for some, it means a love marriage. for others, it is the right to work. then as we move up the ladder, some think partying is a sign of women's power whereas that has zero relevance for many women. for some women, work has nothing to do with rights but just simply a matter of economic necessities -- if they had a choice, they would love to be a housewife.

then, you take in cultural and community values and beliefs, again, these debates can get coloured in various tones and hues. so it is unclear what these words mean and what context someone is referring to.

now back to your question about garv -- performative feminism or misleading promo?

here is my initial impression: I think like many men in this country, he is probably a bundle of contradictions which is what the serial might be going for. to show the break in dreams and a complicated relationship where he breaks one of her wings but not the other. (see the pic)

Titli Serial Star Plus Star Cast, Launch Date, Telecast Time - Premiers 06 June At 11:00 PM

I don't find that strange because I have seen plenty of real life examples of such characters in my family as well as society and that includes my grandfather.

my mom and her sisters have complex feelings towards him -- they remember him both with a wry smile as well as facepalm. πŸ˜‚ the best way to describe my grandfather is that he was what would be called 'orthodox' in some communities. so he had a list of do's and don'ts and restricted his four daughters.

at the same time, he also went against the grain and educated all of them even though he was told to spend his efforts on raising dowry for them rather than wasting it on education. he didn't listen. he was in a blue collar job and that involved some physical labour -- he pulled in double shifts and took on extra work to educate all his daughters; there was literal sweat and back breaking work involved.

his dowry for them was their bachelor's degree which came in handy later in life. this was back in the day when it was a big deal for guys to have a degree that they would put it on their name plate outside the house. so there weren't that many women studying in colleges then. however, other than the wedding, he didn't have any money to give for their dowry and neither could he give them much jewels.

he was domineering but he also allowed my grandmother to work -- this was decades before there was such a thing as a working woman. while they needed the money, none of his peers and friends who were also in the same economic boat sent their wives to work. my grandmother worked and retired as a primary teacher in a government school.

you know the scene in titli where the uncle cries "izzat!!!" when she calls off the wedding? -- well something similar happened in my family. my mom found out that her fiance was already living with someone in a long-term relationship. so she wanted to call off the engagement -- in those days, that was highly scandalous as an engagement was equivalent to almost wedding. people all screamed "izzat!!!", "what will happen to the other sisters?" etc etc.

despite my grandfather being super conservative, he stood behind his daughter firmly -- he was more offended by this fiance and that family than caring about what it meant in society. just like in the drama, the guy's family threw a fit but he refused to go ahead with the wedding.

now, was he super supportive? sort of. when he would get discouraged by the chatter, he would call her "unlucky" and they would have fights. however, he stood by his decision. he was so worried about her future that he took an unusual move for the time -- he encouraged her to apply for a job even though it was in another city; back in the days, when women only left their father's house when they got married.

because of the scandal, my mom's younger sisters got married first. my mom contributed financially to the weddings and he didn't hide her in some corner. she was there present for everything.

even though he could be super conservative, he was highly religious and believed that God had a purpose for his daughters and he wasn't cursed because he had four of them.

personally, I remember my grandfather with warmth as he was very sweet to me but I can understand why his daughters found him aggravating at times. πŸ˜‚ granddaughter-grandfather relationship is so much different. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

so I share this to give you the context behind my view -- I think most people would be able to relate as things aren't that black and white for them in the real world especially in India. a guy can be super forward thinking in one area and be totally not in another. it isn't performative -- like many aspects of our country, we are chaos personified and we are comfortable with it.

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
aaf311 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhavisweet03

I have noticed same thing 🀭 most of the time his short buttons are open and it's so difficult for others to do workπŸ˜‰

And yes past episodes were completely based on Titli's family drama. Excited for Titli and Garv's journey.

Btw any name for this couple ?

Not sure, but i think Tirv is in use on Twitter

Don't like that name honestly, but i also can't think of anything else lol

aaf311 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

like others here, I think it might be misleading promo as I am not sure what to expect out of this drama so far. generally if it is drama that deals with abuse, usually the drama hints at it very loud and clear straight from the start -- the creepy music, the solo shots of the anti-hero/villain. so the audience is aware of what they are getting into. here, so far, we are getting typical serial entry for garv at the moment. at least this is from the few episodes I have seen. (if I can, I will catch up depending on time but most likely not)

that said, back to your question -- I was trying to figure out how to answer your question without getting into some political debate yesterday. in today's context, many of these words are not only loaded but also have different interpretations depending on which political party/ life experience / community / age / culture you belong to. depending on where we are in the world, things are not so necessarily black and white and neither do we have the same definition for these words.

even within India, we have different definitions for feminism. for some, women's rights can mean access to bathrooms, running water (rural backgrounds). for others, right to education. for some right to marry a groom of their choice within the arranged marriage market, for some, it means a love marriage. for others, it is the right to work. then as we move up the ladder, some think partying is a sign of women's power whereas that has zero relevance for many women. for some women, work has nothing to do with rights but just simply a matter of economic necessities -- if they had a choice, they would love to be a housewife.

then, you take in cultural and community values and beliefs, again, these debates can get coloured in various tones and hues. so it is unclear what these words mean and what context someone is referring to.

now back to your question about garv -- performative feminism or misleading promo?

here is my initial impression: I think like many men in this country, he is probably a bundle of contradictions which is what the serial might be going for. to show the break in dreams and a complicated relationship where he breaks one of her wings but not the other. (see the pic)

Titli Serial Star Plus Star Cast, Launch Date, Telecast Time - Premiers 06 June At 11:00 PM

I don't find that strange because I have seen plenty of real life examples of such characters in my family as well as society and that includes my grandfather.

my mom and her sisters have complex feelings towards him -- they remember him both with a wry smile as well as facepalm. πŸ˜‚ the best way to describe my grandfather is that he was what would be called 'orthodox' in some communities. so he had a list of do's and don'ts and restricted his four daughters.

at the same time, he also went against the grain and educated all of them even though he was told to spend his efforts on raising dowry for them rather than wasting it on education. he didn't listen. he was in a blue collar job and that involved some physical labour -- he pulled in double shifts and took on extra work to educate all his daughters; there was literal sweat and back breaking work involved.

his dowry for them was their bachelor's degree which came in handy later in life. this was back in the day when it was a big deal for guys to have a degree that they would put it on their name plate outside the house. so there weren't that many women studying in colleges then. however, other than the wedding, he didn't have any money to give for their dowry and neither could he give them much jewels.

he was domineering but he also allowed my grandmother to work -- this was decades before there was such a thing as a working woman. while they needed the money, none of his peers and friends who were also in the same economic boat sent their wives to work. my grandmother worked and retired as a primary teacher in a government school.

you know the scene in titli where the uncle cries "izzat!!!" when she calls off the wedding? -- well something similar happened in my family. my mom found out that her fiance was already living with someone in a long-term relationship. so she wanted to call off the engagement -- in those days, that was highly scandalous as an engagement was equivalent to almost wedding. people all screamed "izzat!!!", "what will happen to the other sisters?" etc etc.

despite my grandfather being super conservative, he stood behind his daughter firmly -- he was more offended by this fiance and that family than caring about what it meant in society. just like in the drama, the guy's family threw a fit but he refused to go ahead with the wedding.

now, was he super supportive? sort of. when he would get discouraged by the chatter, he would call her "unlucky" and they would have fights. however, he stood by his decision. he was so worried about her future that he took an unusual move for the time -- he encouraged her to apply for a job even though it was in another city; back in the days, when women only left their father's house when they got married.

because of the scandal, my mom's younger sisters got married first. my mom contributed financially to the weddings and he didn't hide her in some corner. she was there present for everything.

even though he could be super conservative, he was highly religious and believed that God had a purpose for his daughters and he wasn't cursed because he had four of them.

personally, I remember my grandfather with warmth as he was very sweet to me but I can understand why his daughters found him aggravating at times. πŸ˜‚ granddaughter-grandfather relationship is so much different. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

so I share this to give you the context behind my view -- I think most people would be able to relate as things aren't that black and white for them in the real world especially in India. a guy can be super forward thinking in one area and be totally not in another. it isn't performative -- like many aspects of our country, we are chaos personified and we are comfortable with it.

Interesting view! It's possible that he's a bundle of contradictions, yeah. I would enjoy watching the show if this is what Garv is like, would definitely give him a lot more character and complexity. I don't think that's been touched upon before in itv, so it would be something different.