Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Friendly Guides

Posted: 6 hours ago

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

I created my profile during a show called kasam as that was the only show which made me curious to talk about.

Later i was just active in naagin and supernatural shows forums as i do not watch other shows. Untill covid hit. Then i saw a promo of yrkkh gen 3. So out of curiosity i started watching that show.

During that show I made some friends but later i took a break due to work and then i resumed back post leap. Even though show was super depressing but i met lot of people with whom I shared similar vibes and pov. We had so much fun in just trolling shows and discussing each and every episode in such a way that we all used to light up each others moods 😁

Later we became really good friends so i am still here for them. As for me more than show people and connection matters.🙂

" As for me, more than the show, people and connection matters. "🙂 -- I fully agree with your words. smiley27 Serial discussions are only a bahana to join here. Once we joined, we will be motivated by this hub of varied activities such as forming new friendships, pursuing artistic endeavors, conversing, and ultimately feeling inspired to write our own versions! It is the interactive world here that attracts us to share our views on the ongoing serials!
Viswasruti thumbnail

Friendly Guides

Originally posted by: anikamathur

I Joined IF back in 2021 and Started using from 2022 since WTHA Came and I've stopped watching that show after Anjali Track

And joined PSF For Ahad Raza Mir's Upcoming drama which I didn't got until now although I don't like some threads which aren't good for me but PSF is a good one

Thank you for sharing your views on a few serials and forums with us. smiley27
Viswasruti thumbnail

Friendly Guides

Originally posted by: Rosyme

I saw this forum link in Google while searching for some post related to GHKKPM in 2021/22.

Initially i used to read posts during lockdown. Later started posting slowly when I was sure of the safety etc .

First i used to post n ghum forum only.

Later got interested in cricket and loved that forum.

Slowly started participating in games and some Bollywood news and am in touch with all my ghum friends.

I always remember to tag you in my cricket threads, and we are regulars in every sport's thread. The members who are interested in cricket are the reason those threads are so active. Thank you for sharing your views here, dear. smiley31
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

We have developed a divine bond in the Mere Sai forum. smiley31 So happy meeting you in this India Forums dear. smiley27

Me Too Madhu

smiley31

Iam Happy To Become Friends With You Here As Well

FaizaK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 hours ago

Originally posted by: Phir_Mohabbat

Came idk when but ipk was ending back then and it was fun seeing 100+ posts with 1000+ likes people crying over Barun leaving smiley36

I had come across this website long back during dmg I wanted a particular pic of kajen for my 1st laptop lol. I hadn't signed up then but later decided to sign up cause of a brilliant Fanfic writer in Arjun forum. And it started by curse - curse cause still into that show. I don't mind the fandom experience though, every forums had unique individuals its fun to discuss. I was a stalker, apart from Arjun didn't reply anywhere until some sony shows, colors show like dev, and now the cursed yrkkh forum 🤣🤣🤣

I have already shared my grievances but whatever - the old layout, with Avatar sig shop was fabulous..old folks know what am I talking about. The gif icons, stacking request, excitement over new updates by graphicers, the tutorials uff. Unimaginable fun that was. It started my ps journey and I will continue it as long as I can. We just needed some things like private chat option like facebook, tagging option that's it. The update where the gif icon was killed and multiple signature option was gone was 1st death knell for my experience as a viewer. Now the blocking option - I like it though- and 4 words ka cribbing everyone is doing, the childish curse words thing, extreme moderation is plain stupid and irritating. It's killing the unique experience IF stands for- proper discussion among people. I have blocked people cause the toxicity was too much. There was a time people used to listen to each other and mods didn't need to intervene. I do appreciate how they are handling yrkkh forum but as a whole the mod experience is very souring. Getting post limit because of stupid arguments isn't fair and I know none cares cause that's the attitude we have gotten since forever. It's very sad cause in this era of twitter insta reddit where everyone is in bubble IF does offer a platform where people with different povs can discuss over a show. The website is losing is sadly. It's also a echo chamber now like other websites just added pressure of being politically correct everytime.

I have seen in real time how bollywood forum is killed. Was srk salman fights were ott? Of course. But banning people left right centre, extreme moral policing at drop of hate just hinders freedom of speech. Same happened with big boss, none discussing there this time whereas I see reddit has 5k+ posts. Very sad to see but serves the website right through with the wrong steps it's taking.

Last cribbing related to moderation cause what the hell right. Mods are doing unpaid job. They are also under pressure and I had good conversation with some mods like Shruti ahana etc. especially melli she was so nice empathetic without the air of being a mod. Like why you need a air this isn't a ceo job right 🤣 but it's very visible in today's time there is a clique amidst the selected group of people. They are mods, they do the voting for banner voting, they win, they organise stuff etc. the mods when someone complains posts laugh emoji, mock them etc. Like why this power trip man? Are you also a manger IRL cause that's just funny 🤣🤣

How the site nurtured me? Increased my tolerance to read bs. Controlled my anger 🤣🤣 the urge to reply to stupid people. Expanded my imagination. Found out people are good out there. The bitc...ing sessions are fabulous.

Bold..Yes Yes Yessmiley19. That multiple signatures option with avtaar was the real usp of this site..I don't even know when it was gone but imagine the pain when I had to gone through logging in after years..I know how people used to complain that it makes page heavy to load but you always had the option to turn it off..AV shops were such buzz at that time but forum was always busy

I agree too that too much moderation kinda kill the fun on this forum..I know how BB forum used to be such a buzz during those days..its just dead now

Viswasruti thumbnail

Friendly Guides

Posted: 2 hours ago

Originally posted by: Sneha.Narayanan

From being an Asst. Professor to now an Author and Poet , thank you IF smiley27

Hi, my name is Sneha Narayanan. I am an introvert who hardly steps out of house. After completing my MBA, I ventured into the corporate world and also taught at a college for a few years. It was about twelve years ago, back in 2012, when I stumbled upon India forums. I still remember Pavitra Rishta forum was my first forum. I used to love Ovi and Onir (not the leads. As usual lol) My id then was Pari kirloskar or something. I found a community that not only understood but also encouraged my voice.

All the discussions, OS contests, venting and supporting my favourite characters, really helped me hone my writing skills. Finally I quit my job around covid to pursue my passion. My first book was a bestseller and I have also been featured in Deccan Chronicle, Outlook, Mid day, Dainik navpradesh and other newspapers , and all that was possible because of India forums for helping me discover my love for writing. (Zyada credit toh nhi de rhi hu IF ko?😅 )

For those wanting to be a full time author, just know that it is only your passion that fuels you. If you are ready to work a double shift for less than half the salary, then sure be an author! I earn very less!😅

Other than my sleeping hours (and an hour that i waste lurking here on IF lol) , I am working all day (and sometimes night). As authors, we earn about 7-8% royalties on the MRP, so to make ends meet, we also need to freelance on & off.

(It take so long to find a literary agent to represent you and by the time you finally have one, your book is practically vintage. And don't even get me started on publishing, the whole industry is gatekept. I am typing away, churning out manuscripts that may never see the light of day. It is very exhausting. But I keep writing anyway, hoping it will all be worth it in the end. Sometimes I think I should just start self publishing on Amazon KDP but then who will market my book and there would be almost no sales, lol )

Anyways, for all my venting, I would any day take being an author over any high paying job in a heartbeat. I love books and there is nothing I would do than write books my whole life.

Sneha, we are thrilled to hear about your experience in IF, which greatly enhances your writing talent. I am aware of your commitment to writing and your exceptional talent as an author. I wish you the best, my dear. Achieve the greatest success and earn the greatest honours so that India Forums can call you a distinguished member. smiley10We are proud of you. smiley27