Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DevilHere thumbnail
Posted: 18 hours ago

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

Yes, Google does consider quality and relevance of the page more.

I actually want to know the reasoning behind why just 4 words/ 20 characters are to be used Just for information purpose.

I'm only guessing based on my understanding of the responses

End goal is to increase the SEO :

1) Kinda force us to add more relevance and context to what we are posting so things show up in Google searches more easily

2) reduce the number of short posts that can be counted as spam post.

Now the downside here is that we continue to reply the way we have always been but add a small 4 required words or something generic to bypass the rule , which would kinda defy the purpose of this altogether

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Please stop unnecessary policing over curse words

I wanted to post gif other day and it didn't upload. Said it had words like CoUdroNeT* f....ck etc. checked the name and nope nothing was there. I mean if someone wants to curse, they will do it however they want. Maybe switch to Hindi lol. Images too there are ways to post it. So what sense does it make to put time and effort on this basic thing?

You don't make changes to draconian rules in forum like moderation, feature changes etc but put unnecessary things like post limit and this curse thing. Like why man?

Just noticed the unnecessary error over C word lmaoooo you know x x x. Com is open to people? Kids learns things from tv internet from early age. Who are we trying to save here?

Edited by Phir_Mohabbat - 18 hours ago
trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

I don't think it is about meaningful. It is about word count. As long you fulfill the word/character count, it is fine. Google considers posts with very few words as thin content. It can affect the site's ranking.

But to be honest the junk writing and adding words will not help in the sense that Google will not find the post relevant to the page. Baki I guess tech team might give more clarity

Then the POs/architects need to decide how they can find a balance between getting the desired SEO optimisations without compromising with the user experience. Atp all this just feels like a poorly planned implementation.

Sirf word count ka hi issue hai toh let the user add some status message/flair to his profile (maybe per forum like reddit) and then by default embed it inside each post - like our outlook signatures smiley36

Currently the junk being added to increase the word count is anyways going to be considered as poor/irrelevant data by Google.

Edited by trouble_006 - 17 hours ago
DevilHere thumbnail
Posted: 17 hours ago

Originally posted by: trouble_006

Then the POs/architects need to decide how they find a balance between getting the desired SEO optimisations without compromising with the user experience. Atp all this just feels like a poorly planned implementation.

Sirf word count ka hi issue hai toh let the user add some status message/flair to his profile (maybe per forum like reddit) and then by default embed it inside each post - like our outlook signatures smiley36

Currently the junk being added to increase the word counts is anyways going to be considered as poor/irrelevant data by Google.

I'm not sure if this is place to say this but the user experience here has taken a significant hit and a lot of the updates don't seem very well thought of , there's so much scope for improvement here

Right from the login, the login authentication scripts shouldn't take so long that I'm waiting on the click to redirect screen(I shouldn't be seeing that screen as a user at all)

I see the cloudflare error atleast once a day

We had significant UI updates recently. The most essential use case for Flexblox/Grid Layout in CSS is responsive web design (ur screen, icons text and any other information auto-resizing and adjusting based of screen size is whether u use a tab, a mobile, desktop) and now we've people complaining everyday that some button has disappeared. Mind you Flexbox/Grid Layout are being used for CSS for more than a decade now. That weird right scroll bug keeps on reappearing now and then. I also don't see a lot of coherence in the site design

We have already talked at length about the SEO restrictions so I won't say more on that

I really think there's a need to revisit decisions and work on user experience, SEO can only increase the number of times the sites comes up in Google search not how long a person spends on a site after clicking on the link

firewings_diya thumbnail

Helping Hands

Posted: 5 hours ago

Why hiding blocked post is important? I literally can not see any post in this page. As all ppl have blocked me and i have not even interacted with them. They just blocked me because they can not take my difference of opinion. Why punish me to see their posts if they have blocked me. I prefer hiding their/my posts completely so that they need not even know i exist or i need not know they are active. This is literally irritating that i have to scroll unnecessarily to see blank posts of ppl who can not take difference of opinion.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/yeh-rishta-kya-kehlata-hai/5363186/yrkkh-bts-sm-updates-and-spoilers-thread-58?pn=66

Edited by firewings_diya - 5 hours ago