Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 days ago

There's already this weird minimum 4 words or 20 characters rule which ruins the user experience (if I want to post a gif or an image in my reply toh usme bhi text daalna padta hai - Imagine forcing users to add text to a Sallu bhai meme smiley44, but sure it will lead to "meaningful discussions" on an entertainment portal smiley22)

> On top of it the error message doesn't even match the validation. 20+ characters likho tab bhi you get the same error message

Sample text: Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwx

Test karlo.

> Sometimes after using emojis the input box has a glitch and doesn't let you focus the cursor inside the input box, you can't add on to your text or even edit it.

> People can upload an image in your members only/matured content checkboxes (found the bug accidentally). Another glitch that happens while trying to upload images after you've used an emoji

Validation for this input box needs fixing. Given that the Topic reply box is one of the "main feature" user experience wise, you would think more attention would have been paid during it's implementation.

Edited by trouble_006 - 2 days ago
nushhkiee thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Leprechaun

Post Option is the gear icon now.

https://i.postimg.cc/KvgnMCFj/image.png

Screenshot 2024-10-24 111430.png

I get it .. But still, where is hide post option smiley37

Originally posted by: nushhkiee

Screenshot 2024-10-24 111430.png

I get it .. But still, where is hide post option smiley37

Hide option only appears when the topic is locked, like in my case where the topic was lockedScreenshot 2024-10-24 122853.jpg

Edited by pareshif - 2 days ago
nushhkiee thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: pareshif

Hide option only appears when the topic is locked, like in my case where the topic was lockedScreenshot 2024-10-24 122853.jpg

Oh okay, I understand now. Thank You!

I will make sure to visit daily to stay updatedsmiley36

DevilHere thumbnail

Ik this is gonna fall on deaf ears but I'll still try. I understand the motive here to increase the site traffic and SEO but it feels like not all the use cases are being discussed while making decisions and this is seriously ruining the user experience. This makes a lot of sense for say FF or other content people won't like plagiarised and not normal conversations for eg recently was playing JJ with Shreya and wanted to copy her questions to DM so I don't mess up the order or forget to answer a question, also offcourse copying questions to search on chatgpt and i couldn't do it

There are such simple ways to bypass this like taking a screenshot and then using Google lens to copy text if I don't want to post that.This is only an inconvenience and i doubt will have desired outcome

none of similar format text heavy sites like X or reddit have such restrictions and these are faring decently in terms of SEO

Similar thing happened with the 4 words change people have been telling how it makes it impossible for them to have normal conversation like sorry thanks congratulations or dropping a simple gif or sticker. The most Genz conversation style is to communicate with stickers of GIFs only , millennials are the generation that started writing ASAP, TYSM ,BRB and u expect them to right thank you so much, be right back (which would again fall short of 20 character). You're not considering conversational styles of two entire generation (or atleast a massive subset of those) which are the ones most active on SM

And all of us here know how much meaningful sentences are being added , such junk spam sentences will end up doing harm more than good , I can't understand the reluctance to rollback these features at this point

Edited by DevilHere - a day ago

Originally posted by: Ajab.Pehchan

Is it me or has the hall of fame disappeared smiley5

the issue has been resolved... please check

Ajab.Pehchan thumbnail
Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: a day ago

What sense does this make???

IMG_9729.jpeg

nutmeg7 thumbnail
Posted: 22 hours ago

Originally posted by: DevilHere

And all of us here know how much meaningful sentences are being added , such junk spam sentences will end up doing harm more than good.

I don't think it is about meaningful. It is about word count. As long you fulfill the word/character count, it is fine. Google considers posts with very few words as thin content. It can affect the site's ranking.

But to be honest the junk writing and adding words will not help in the sense that Google will not find the post relevant to the page. Baki I guess tech team might give more clarity

Edited by nutmeg7 - 22 hours ago
DevilHere thumbnail
Posted: 20 hours ago

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

I don't think it is about meaningful. It is about word count. As long you fulfill the word/character count, it is fine. Google considers posts with very few words as thin content. It can affect the site's ranking.

But to be honest the junk writing and adding words will not help in the sense that Google will not find the post relevant to the page. Baki I guess tech team might give more clarity

It's actually the other way round quality over quantity always. Thin content is essential any content that's not useful to the person coming to the site , so meaningless content can be treated as spam and reduce the SEO instead of increasing.

nutmeg7 thumbnail
Posted: 20 hours ago

Originally posted by: DevilHere

It's actually the other way round quality over quantity always. Thin content is essential any content that's not useful to the person coming to the site , so meaningless content can be treated as spam and reduce the SEO instead of increasing.

Yes, Google does consider quality and relevance of the page more.

I actually want to know the reasoning behind why just 4 words/ 20 characters are to be used Just for information purpose.