Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 months ago

Not an issue. Just an observation. Didn’t know where to post lol

I was just checking out some old forums and the members there are inactive. There are posts going back 15 years ago and so. Member last visit is showing as NA. Like they just left. It’s sad.

Originally posted by: Forgotten-Toy

Sir A to Z sab ke sab notification a rahe hain, kis ne like kiya kis ne tag kiya, tab koi email block nahi ho rahi,? email confrim karna ho tab bhe block nahi ho rahi, abhe kya same time pe yahoo ne sab ko block karna start kar diya kya?

mera yahoo IF ki mails se full hai,

Yahoo sometimes goes overboard with blocking. We are trying get this sorted.

Originally posted by: Naya_31

Not an issue. Just an observation. Didn’t know where to post lol

I was just checking out some old forums and the members there are inactive. There are posts going back 15 years ago and so. Member last visit is showing as NA. Like they just left. It’s sad.

Some have lost access cause they had invalid email address and they lost their password.

Originally posted by: Forgotten-Toy

Vijay Sir 2 din me 3 times email confrim kar chuka hoon, or kitni baar karon abhe main ?smiley22

We are investigating the issue.

Originally posted by: Queen0fDarkness

So we had 2 managers who did not participate and monitored the game. The backstory for the characters was provided by them. They messaged everyone privately. We settled with the theme of popular tv shows where we’d been assigned characters and given similar back stories. Some would have same back stories as the show characters and some would have similar back stories but with differences. Some colleagues even had same characters with differences.

For example, Joffrey from GoT was a character, he was of similar background to the show - rich and spoiled as a kid but there were differences such as he was interested in a peaceful village.

Another character was Monica from friends - me 🤣 they kept everything the same for her, OCD types and unsuccessful in love and searching for Mr Right in the village.

We had two Joeys from Friends - one who got with Phoebe and one who was still looking for his partner.

Now the villain is just called werewolf. They were given no back story and had to come up with their own.

Now our manager asked everyone to post 2 things about their characters and the name of their characters. This included the wolves to post something as well.

We were then asked to ask questions and the floor was given to us. When we saw 2 Joeys, 3 Harvey Spectres that got us confused. Immediately we’re thinking there’s no way there could be two or three same characters.

So that started a series of questions to one another, prompts from managers came to some who we might have missed out on asking questions so it kept the conversation flowing and confusion growing.

After a day of asking each other questions about their backgrounds, we’re asked to vote. The poll had our character names and our real names beside it. Everyone votes who they think was the wolf. First one was Harvey spectre with our one of our colleagues name near it. Funny backstory of HS being married to Jessica Pearson whereas the other 2 HS were either married or dating Donna P.

However many voted for 1st - HS to be eliminated - those points were deducted and that was around 35 of us. That point got added onto the werewolves team - so everyone started off with 200 points. Villagers 165 and Werewolves 235. 1st HS is now out and the game continues.

This started the second round, admins asked for us to reveal what we would do in this situation as our village character background. This situation was - you’re approached for the Apple you’re holding in your hand, ready to eat by someone in the village but you haven’t eaten all day. What do you do?

Joffrey answered with I’ll put the Apple on the persons head and swing my arrows at their head for coming to ask me for my Apple

Monica (I) answered I’ll give it to the poor person to eat for now but also make a meal because I’m a chef.

A colleague responded to Joffrey’s character, he revealed that he is looking to create peace in the village so why now would he be acting cruel? Or does he not remember his own characters because he’s the wolf?

So there struck another conversation with everyone asking each other questions, our managers coming in and asking additional questions to anyone we might have missed out on and so on.

Next round and it continues like this with different questions that our managers put out….

Similarly, for IF you could do popular shows characters here on IF, giving same character names to some people and different back stories etc.

I hope that makes sense.

I think this game cannot have a large number of players unless we make some tweak accordingly.

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: vijay

I think this game cannot have a large number of players unless we make some tweak accordingly.

If we can tweak it then great, if not there are other possible games. You could also have like the first 20 people to sign up for the first game and see if it peaks interest and keep another one after a couple of weeks or months.

There is also Virtual scavenger hunt. But with common household items. We did this via WhatsApp where at a specified time, we will get a text to say find this item: Like sieve or candle. Everyone runs to get this item and snaps a picture and posts it in the chat. Whoever was fastest called out the next item. This was a quick round of a few hours but was entertaining especially when someone could not find an item, someone drew their kettle 🤣

Or possibly a virtual escape room. There are 3 'Escape Rooms/threads' available, each accommodating groups of 6-12 people, depending on the number of participants who want to join. The game's poster features puzzles and riddles on the first page - easy ones first, typically 1-2 puzzles before progressing to the second round, which also contains 1-2 puzzles or riddles a little moderately difficult. In the 3rd/ final round, this challenge is to solve a puzzle or riddle involving finding an item on an IndiaForum page so may need some technical support in adding a door to x y z page. The door will have a number, like 2 for group 2, ensuring that only members of the correct group are selecting the correct door to win. The group that escapes within an hour and is the fastest to do so is declared the winner.

There’s virtual book club where we’d chosen a book, read 3 chapters and met up online to discuss it.

20 questions is another easy game, not much required and anyone can play this. Topic maker thinks of something like an object and states it’s an object or a film or story or whatever else. Members have 20 qs to ask and topic maker will say yes or no. Whoever wins are the next to choose the object, film or whatever else and so on.

Anyway these are just some ideas I’m throwing out because I love playing interactive games like this and we played quite a few online ones to keep our colleagues engaged especially when 80% of us are still working from home.

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

It is likely that Yahoo is blocking our notification emails sent to you and this is what is causing the account to be set as Inactive.

We are investigating the same.

No Like I posted my inbox snapshot I do get the emails and I do get all the emails from IF when someone quotes me or sends me a message. I am not sure why it is registering on your end as if Yahoo is blocking your emails. Can you please fix it for my account. Otherwise I keep on getting timed out and I have login and register and come back to IF.

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Most Posts (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

are you getting any error message. Can you please share screenshot?

Screenshot_2024-07-25-19-28-17-228_com.android.chrome.png

It is like this only....

Nothing on the top task bar... Empty...

It is 5 days...lot of issues I am facing due to this

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

My theory (could be wrong) is that you've got some kind of blocker on your phone that's also blocking other elements.

Does the problem persist if you use another browser on your phone? (preferably test in incognito mode)

Edited by aekiel - 2 months ago

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

Screenshot_2024-07-25-19-28-17-228_com.android.chrome.png

It is like this only....

Nothing on the top task bar... Empty...

It is 5 days...lot of issues I am facing due to this

Please check the console log on the browser it would be a great help for us to debug the issue.

Here are the instructions for viewing the console log in different browsers:

### Google Chrome

1. Open Chrome and navigate to the webpage you want to inspect.

2. Right-click on the page and select **Inspect** or press `Ctrl+Shift+I` (Windows/Linux) or `Cmd+Option+I` (Mac).

3. Click on the **Console** tab at the top of the Developer Tools panel.

### Mozilla Firefox

1. Open Firefox and go to the webpage you want to inspect.

2. Right-click on the page and select **Inspect Element** or press `Ctrl+Shift+I` (Windows/Linux) or `Cmd+Option+I` (Mac).

3. Click on the **Console** tab in the Developer Tools panel.

### Microsoft Edge

1. Open Edge and navigate to the webpage you want to inspect.

2. Right-click on the page and select **Inspect** or press `Ctrl+Shift+I` (Windows/Linux) or `Cmd+Option+I` (Mac).

### Safari

1. Open Safari and go to the webpage you want to inspect.

2. If you don't see the **Develop** menu in the top menu bar, enable it by going to **Safari** > **Preferences**, clicking on the **Advanced** tab, and checking the box for **Show Develop menu in menu bar**.

3. Once the **Develop** menu is visible, navigate to **Develop** > **Show JavaScript Console** or press `Cmd+Option+C`.

4. The Console will appear at the bottom of the Safari window.

### Opera

1. Open Opera and go to the webpage you want to inspect.

2. Right-click on the page and select **Inspect Element** or press `Ctrl+Shift+I` (Windows/Linux) or `Cmd+Option+I` (Mac).

3. Click on the **Console** tab in the Developer Tools panel.

### Internet Explorer

1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to the webpage you want to inspect.

2. Press `F12` to open the Developer Tools.