Frequent Posters

rajshrip thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
i want skr to show us good ram bharat scenes. 😊
486792 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajshrip

ashi you will get the chance to visit the place.😊 i would love to go again too. ram bharat footprints are very touching.

I can't wait for the Bharat Milaap😳 AshJay are gonna nail it⭐️
BTW,where is Mano?
rajshrip thumbnail
i think her net may be playing up. skr starts.
i feel so bad for bharat when he asks for forgiveness. He is not even at fault.😭 😭Bharat has the purest heart. i love how kaushalya tells bharat that everyone knows that he is not at fault.😊 There is no mother like kaushalya
Edited by rajshrip - 8 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Astoria

Does blue represent dark skin?? Calendar art has Lord Krishna with dark and blue skin and Lord Ram and Lord Vishnu are blue skinned most of the time

As far as I know
Vishnu is dark in color so was Ram and Krishna too
In Tamil we refer Krishna or Rama as blue/dark
But why dark is shown as blue,no Idea about it
rajshrip thumbnail

Originally posted by: Astoria

Does blue represent dark skin?? Calendar art has Lord Krishna with dark and blue skin and Lord Ram and Lord Vishnu are blue skinned most of the time

sorry i just saw this now. Mano has replied. 😊
rajshrip thumbnail
last rituals for dashrath was 😭😭😭 loved how bharadwaj said that at the same time as deer's last rituals, a human would have also got moksha. Ram knows that his father would get moksha.

Edited by rajshrip - 8 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
I don't know about the authenticity of this article
But an interesting oneπŸ˜›

It is generally believed that Lord Ram is blue back in Color.

Ladies in Tami Nadu has a Name for this color, Rama Blue.

It is a mix of Blue and Black.

Lord Ram with Hanuman.

Valmiki Describes Rama's Complexion thus.

"Hanuman to Sita.

dundubhi svana nirghoShaH snigdha varNaH prataapavaan |
samaH sama vibhakta ango varNam shyaamam samaashritaH || 5-35-16

16. dundubhisvananirghoSaH= He has a voice like the sound of a kettle-drum; snigdhavarNah= He has a shining skin; prataapavaan= He is full of splendour; samaH= He is square-built; samavibhaktaaN^gaH= His limbs are symmetrically built; samaashritaH= He is endowed with; shyaamam varNam= a dark-brown complexion.

"He has a voice like the sound of a kettle-drum. He has a shining skin. He is full of splendour. He is square-built. His limbs are built symmetrically. He is endowed with a dark-brown complexion."Sundara Kanda Sarga 35 Sloka 16.

Rama, whose face is like the full moon, of dark brown complexion, whose collar-bone is invisible (because of its being covered with flesh), a conqueror of foes, whose arms descend to his knees, whose eyes resemble lotuses, the elder brother of Lakshmana, who takes initiative in speaking and expresses with sweetness, truthful of speech and possessed of extra ordinary strength, is benevolent to all, delightfully charming as the moon, that tiger among men, as mighty as an elephant in rut, that great car-warrior, will surely adorn the woods, while roaming through them..

(Valmiki Ramayan - Book II : Ayodhya Kanda - Book of Ayodhya: Chapter 48.)

There is a doubt.

Rama was born in Ayodhya, in North India where they are fair skinned.

Rama, Dark-brown?'

Dravidians have this complexion.

Yet another twist.

""In the four yugas"Satya, Tret, Dvpara and Kali"the Lord incarnates in four colors: white, red, black and yellow respectively. These are the colors of the incarnations in different millenniums.
" Madhya 20.330

The yugas are known as Satya-yuga, Treta-yuga, Dvapara-yuga andKali-yuga. The incarnations of each yuga are of different color. The colors are white, red, black and yellow. In the Dvapara-yuga, Lord Krsna in black color appeared, and in the Kali-yuga Lord Caitanya in yellow color appeared.
-Purport Srimad Bhagavatam 1.3.5.

One has to take Valmiki's word as final,

Citation.

http://www.indiadivine.org/content/topic/976222-what-color-is-ramachandra/

http://www.valmikiramayan.net/sundara/sarga35/sundara_35_frame.htm

http://www.livinghindu.com/whiteness-complexion-skin-color/

Image Credit.

http://www.santabanta.com/photos/lord-rama/9102039.htm

Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago
rajshrip thumbnail
wow i loved shatru's entry and manthara being dragged was too good.
loved shatru's answer to kaikeye πŸ‘
rajshrip thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

I don't know about the authenticity of this article

But an interesting oneπŸ˜›

It is generally believed that Lord Ram is blue back in Color.

Ladies in Tami Nadu has a Name for this color, Rama Blue.

It is a mix of Blue and Black.

Lord Ram with Hanuman.

Valmiki Describes Rama's Complexion thus.

"Hanuman to Sita.

dundubhi svana nirghoShaH snigdha varNaH prataapavaan |
samaH sama vibhakta ango varNam shyaamam samaashritaH || 5-35-16

16. dundubhisvananirghoSaH= He has a voice like the sound of a kettle-drum; snigdhavarNah= He has a shining skin; prataapavaan= He is full of splendour; samaH= He is square-built; samavibhaktaaN^gaH= His limbs are symmetrically built; samaashritaH= He is endowed with; shyaamam varNam= a dark-brown complexion.

"He has a voice like the sound of a kettle-drum. He has a shining skin. He is full of splendour. He is square-built. His limbs are built symmetrically. He is endowed with a dark-brown complexion."Sundara Kanda Sarga 35 Sloka 16.

Rama, whose face is like the full moon, of dark brown complexion, whose collar-bone is invisible (because of its being covered with flesh), a conqueror of foes, whose arms descend to his knees, whose eyes resemble lotuses, the elder brother of Lakshmana, who takes initiative in speaking and expresses with sweetness, truthful of speech and possessed of extra ordinary strength, is benevolent to all, delightfully charming as the moon, that tiger among men, as mighty as an elephant in rut, that great car-warrior, will surely adorn the woods, while roaming through them..

(Valmiki Ramayan - Book II : Ayodhya Kanda - Book of Ayodhya: Chapter 48.)

There is a doubt.

Rama was born in Ayodhya, in North India where they are fair skinned.

Rama, Dark-brown?'

Dravidians have this complexion.

Yet another twist.

""In the four yugas"Satya, Tret, Dvpara and Kali"the Lord incarnates in four colors: white, red, black and yellow respectively. These are the colors of the incarnations in different millenniums.
" Madhya 20.330

The yugas are known as Satya-yuga, Treta-yuga, Dvapara-yuga andKali-yuga. The incarnations of each yuga are of different color. The colors are white, red, black and yellow. In the Dvapara-yuga, Lord Krsna in black color appeared, and in the Kali-yuga Lord Caitanya in yellow color appeared.
-Purport Srimad Bhagavatam 1.3.5.

One has to take Valmiki's word as final,

Citation.

http://www.indiadivine.org/content/topic/976222-what-color-is-ramachandra/

http://www.valmikiramayan.net/sundara/sarga35/sundara_35_frame.htm

http://www.livinghindu.com/whiteness-complexion-skin-color/

Image Credit.

http://www.santabanta.com/photos/lord-rama/9102039.htm

mano love the picture and explanation. thank you and a big hug πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
rajshrip thumbnail
i am going to rewatch shatru's scene, me too happy. after so long we will see manthara suffering for the poison she created in everyone's lives.