Salary of daughter vs salary of daughter in law

Angel_Arya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The Rai family didnot accept Payal's pocket money...

I wonder after the marriage if a daughter doesnot remain a part of the family where she was born and she loses all kinds of responsibilities towards the parents who toiled hard to educate her... 😔

The Prasad family were eager to accept Payal's entire salary...

I wonder after marriage a working daughter in law is just a source of income for the family 😔

If the society doesnot permit a family to take their daughter's salary after her marriage... how does the society permit another family to take their daughter in law's salary...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You have raised an excellent question.
anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I do not believe this is a societal issue. In my opinion this is a matter of personal values and beliefs. The Rais believe that Payal should use her pay to set her home whereas the Prasads believe Payal's pay is the dowry money that is due to them.
NBT-BV thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anonee

I do not believe this is a societal issue. In my opinion this is a matter of personal values and beliefs. The Rais believe that Payal should use her pay to set her home whereas the Prasads believe Payal's pay is the dowry money that is due to them.

I fully agree. In fact none of the family has a right on the salary. Once married its the choice of the two how to use the combined earnings. Two persons have to start a new life so it should be left to them.
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
good post 👏 valid point ⭐️ ..
nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I dont think a girl's responsibility towards her family gets reduced after marriage...A girl's place in the family s irreplaceable b it her salary or emotional support...