Misunderstood Payal ...2: When Silence Is Not Golden

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Misunderstood Payal ... 2: When Silence Is Not Golden

I am sure all of you have heard of the saying "Silence is golden" and I know that some of the forum waasis are justifying Payal's silence with similar words.

But, is 'silence' always golden? Can it be a cheap imitation of a metal that is polished yellow to pass off as brass?

Although I have not seen all episodes I can tell that many in this forum consider Payal's silence as nothing but plain yellow!

Silence is certainly 'golden' when compared to gossiping, backbiting, lying, and slander. But Payal does not have to indulge in any of these pass times. And no one in the forum expect her to behave in this manner.

Some in the forum claim that Payal's silence is golden because she is being restrained and careful in her speech. This may be true.

However, I tend to agree with the many in this forum that Payal's silence is plain "yellow" or cowardly. Because to remain silent when one should speak up is a sign of cowardice. I agree Payal's circumstances are unique -- -- yet when sin is winked at, when gross error and misbehavior goes unchallenged, when lies and deceit are not exposed for what they are, the "silence" of those who should speak out is nothing but cowardice. It is no surprise that Gul is praised for her forth rightness whereas Payal is losing ground with forum waasis. Because Payal is supporting the wicked passively.

Why is Payal hiding the truth?

In my opinion she is hiding the truth because she is NOT READY to face it! In reality. the only person she is hiding anything from is herself! She may be in denial - but she is definitely avoiding facing the issue whereas Gul is taking every opportunity to point out to her what she does not want to see.

In my opinion, Payal is broadcasting a sense of "shame" a "fear" of being exposed that she is married to good for nothing Dev and his family. Indeed, Payal is not feeling safe among the Prasad's and to hide her fear she is bending over backwards to keep them happy.

So, the problem here is that Payal is afraid to confront herself - her fears and her sense of shame. She is not comfortable being herself with the Prasad's - so she is trying to be someone she is not!! She is pretending to be someone other than herself!

So what have the CVs planned for Payal?

The end point of this track (or perhaps this show) is that Payal HAS TO FIND HER VOICE! She has to show that she can shake with anger and embarrassment (embarrassment at who her in-laws are!). That she can shed tears from being caught in a trap by the Prasad's. She has to find her voice to say that deheej (dowry) has been demanded from her and that she lives in a society that makes this happen. She has to end her silence and commit to using her voice! The results of her disclosure would be another track!

Edited by anonee - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Doe_Jane2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i hope SWB will still have viewers by that time Payal will be told do open her mouth 😭..
nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Meena beautiful post ...lol Jane true abt tat...I dont want Payal to shout like Gul but atleast she should speak against them nd their behaviors b4 its too late to redeem...
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
In yesterday's episode Dev told her she should of informed him earlier about the loan shark guy (sorry don't rember his name) hopefully in future she does not make any more mistakes and share her concerns with Dev, use this experience to not only learn more about him, and his family with the aim of understanding and become closer instead of maintaining the image of the perfect dil (going to work, then returing home cooking the meals) their are servants and others in the house. In the episode where her in laws took her pwd car she clearly was not pleased and embrassed at their behavior instead of keeping quiet and giving money for petrol she should of told clearly that it was wrong of them to do so. One must respect elders but elders must also earn respect, they should respect her job, her status in society not use her position and cause fingers to point at her. Dev made his intentions clear that he will not allow anyone to take advantage of her or her job be it his family or others. Payal needs to follow his example and speak out against her in laws and speak the truth to her family before it is too late, if her parents, and brother finds out from a third persons there will be so many emotions hurt, disappointment, anger, lost of trust hope Payel will be emotionally strong to handle the situation.
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Questions and the explanation...👍🏼 Meena...a much needed post dear, Thanks 😃
NBT-BV thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
anonee I fully agree with you. She's a coward and not able to face it 😡