Misunderstood Payal ...1

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Misunderstood Payal ...1

As I am travelling, I am going to build this post in bits and pieces.

A disclaimer: I have not viewed the last 5 episodes. I do read the posts of my fellow forum members. So, I do know how Payal is being portrayed on screen.

However, in my opinion, we are misunderstanding Payal. I had written earlier things have to get worse before they get better. Payal in her youthful immaturity and inexperience of worldly ways has to make many mistakes before she begins her upward journey in strength and discernment of social "right" from "wrong".

Right now, on the spectrum that runs from self-interest to service, Payal perceives herself as scoring 10 out of 10 for service. She thinks she is serving her parents by sticking to this marriage. She thinks by sacrificing her own interests she is taking the higher moral path or higher spiritual road.

What she does not know is that by sacrificing her own interests she is promoting evil (Jug Head and company) she is NOT taking the higher moral road. She is actually demeaning her inner soul. In addition, she is NOT serving her parents - in fact she is demeaning them too. She is not being loyal and thoughtful of them and their interests.

Below is what I believe Payal is silently communicating to all of us India forum members

Don't JUDGE me until you know me, and don't UNDERESTIMATE me until you challenge me.

Edited by anonee - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KratikaSengarKS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I doubt meena..!!

I still have some hope...

but after reading VB's post in FB

"If you are liking Gul's character" I mean why don't they ask about Payal's role.. who is the heroine Payal or Gulkand..!!

so I think they are really using Kratika for Akshara..

well let's see what happens.. will still wait for some more weeks..

nice post.. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by KratikaSengarKS - 9 years ago
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed with your post πŸ‘
Payal is indeed immature she has been sheltered/ covered by her parents love if we the viewers put ourselves in her position we may understand her logic/reasons/behaviour when parents do not allow their children to experience the realities of life this is what happens you believed everything your parents teach as law because they tell us they are experience, you the child will have to experience learn on your own not eyeryone is good, bad, or grey, you can try to change some but a lot of people refuse to change. Payal will try to change the Prasads will she be able to teach an old dog new tricks, or will Payal burn to learn.
Payals experience is limited to home, school, collage and work each has their own set of challenges she is family oriented, never lived outside of her family circle, her mother is strict probably never allow socialization in a mixed group for fear of what society will say, she never allowed her daughter to become emotional mature (in her personal life)to handle persons such as the evil/greedy/good for nothing Prasad clan, on the professional level she is excellent following her fathers guidelines but let's us see for how long will she be able to maintain her principles. Payal's behaviour though questional to many of us is in keeping to her upbringing and the community she is from, for me if I were in her situation no marriage or if their was a marriage their was going to be a divorce ASAP my tolerance level for persons like the Prasads is 0%.
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Payal is caught at an interesting crossroad --unknowingly, she is portraying the conflict of priorities espoused by her mother and father. From her mother, she has internalized the conservative values of obedience, subservience, valuing the marriage and husband's family no matter how bad they are, etc. From her father, Payal has taken the values of high education, straightforwardness and honesty, and zero tolerance for any corruption whatsoever. When she was in her natal home, we saw that Payal was more like her father, but now we are seeing the effects of the mother's influence on her socialization. The problem is that Payal is an idealist, and idealizes the values derived from both parents without seeing how they apply in different situations. Thanks to the Prasads, these ideal-type values are coming in conflict and waging a war, the terrain for which is Payal's mind. Payal is trying to embody the legacy of the values given by her parents, but in the process is going to get extremely torn, as shown by today's precap. If the CVs handle it properly, Payal's coming of age into her own value system can be a nicely fleshed out track.

In the meantime, however, the forum waasis are getting naturally frustrated to see the fiesty Payal be reduced to a subservient mousy little bahu without a spine to speak of. Also, the story is still moving slowly. Let us hope that the pace will pick up.
NBT-BV thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Dev has taken money from a PWD contractor. Payals real test would be how she confronts Dev at the disclosure. there are 2 options for her
1. Request dev to return money
2. Give a solid piece of mind to him

For any right thinking person option 2 is expected but if Payal just makes a request, then its going to be a long wait to see the upright SWB.

On the other hand she may take loan herself and give it to DEV (dahej by stealth) as she did for her bro, will mean the wait is still longer and the show is doomed.

Lets wait and watch

Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful post and so true ⭐️

The frustration is slowly reducing after reading your postπŸ˜† My patience after seeing the precap..of Payal doing Morning arti...I was like.. Waiting to see how CVs make it interesting...hope so.

Would be happy if you can share your views on Dev too...as and when time permits. Thank U.
Edited by chitsri65 - 9 years ago
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

Payal is caught at an interesting crossroad --unknowingly, she is portraying the conflict of priorities espoused by her mother and father. From her mother, she has internalized the conservative values of obedience, subservience, valuing the marriage and husband's family no matter how bad they are, etc. From her father, Payal has taken the values of high education, straightforwardness and honesty, and zero tolerance for any corruption whatsoever. When she was in her natal home, we saw that Payal was more like her father, but now we are seeing the effects of the mother's influence on her socialization. The problem is that Payal is an idealist, and idealizes the values derived from both parents without seeing how they apply in different situations. Thanks to the Prasads, these ideal-type values are coming in conflict and waging a war, the terrain for which is Payal's mind. Payal is trying to embody the legacy of the values given by her parents, but in the process is going to get extremely torn, as shown by today's precap. If the CVs handle it properly, Payal's coming of age into her own value system can be a nicely fleshed out track.

In the meantime, however, the forum waasis are getting naturally frustrated to see the fiesty Payal be reduced to a subservient mousy little bahu without a spine to speak of. Also, the story is still moving slowly. Let us hope that the pace will pick up.

πŸ˜† Agree...πŸ‘πŸΌ
anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you all for the comments. I am sorry because of other time commitments I am unable to reply to individual posts.

I have not watched any of this week's episodes - so I do not know the details of interpersonal interaction among the lead characters. And do not know how, why and when Dev has borrowed money from a PWD contractor.

So, I am sorry I will not be in a position to comment on Dev right now. However as and when I start watching the episodes I will begin a similar thread on Dev and perhaps on Gul too.

In a way I am glad the story is moving slowly because it means that I have not missed much.

On the other hand - it also indicates that the CVs are making a deliberate point of showing the contorted moral values of Payal and Dev, the slow but sure increase in confidence and audacity of Jug and company, and the build up of unbridled revenge in Gul.

The CVs are building up a more complex plot than we initially conjectured. It is going to be interesting to watch when and how the process unfolds when all of the negativity reaches a critical point. Hopefully by then I would be caught up with the episodes.

Edited by anonee - 9 years ago
KratikaSengarKS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's okay meena..

take your time... πŸ€—
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KratikaSengarKS

It's okay meena..

take your time... πŸ€—