Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
@Angel

Thank you for your comments. Glad you enjoyed my response to Meena's post.
aimf thumbnail
@Chitsri

Thank you for your kind words
anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

Great post.

Dev is an escapist. Right from childhood, he has lived in his own world, daydreaming of things that mattered to him. He is a do-gooder and a people-pleaser. Although genuinely a dharmic person, one can also discern the pressure to be good in him --it is an important coping mechanism. It is almost as though he is subconsciously striving to make up for the rotten behaviours and value system of his family. They say "when the going gets tough, the 'tough' get going," and that is exactly what happenedin the last episode. Usually a good mediator and quick to rise to rescue of the underdog (that he must somwhere recognise within himself), Dev could not stand the onslaught of arrows of truth coming from Gulkand's revelations. Everyone was culpable --his brother, mother, father, even his baby sister.

That Dev would be filled with shame and guilt after finding out the gory truth of his family is expected However, his hightailing it out of the venue and subsequently getting drunk and feeling sorry for himself shows that he, too, is a chip of the old block. Being socialized in that toxic milieu, Dev has picked up self-pity, which is a coping mechanism of all narcissistic behaviors. Although he is not a narcissist himself, he is rehearsing the familial pattern of immediately feeling wounded, as a convenient way deflect his responsibility from the situation at hand. This mechanism is practiced by Jug and Ayyo routinely. In yesterday's episode I was by the fact that Dev's drunken and dramatic rant sounded just like his father --Natru Prasad Nautanki.

For those of us who kept thinking that Dev's character is too good to be true, we saw the chinks in his armor --he is not only weak-willed and lacking in discernment, he is also unable to face difficult situations and take responsibility for them. A better choice in action would have been to take Payal with him and spend the day with her elsewhere, like in a restaurant or a hotel, and assure her of his support, and perhaps decide with her to live separately. But this is a long way off from where Dev is right now.

I must say Abhishek is a really good actor --without overdoing the scenes, he communicates the hesitancy and the general immaturity of Dev very well.

Also in the precap, we have more dynamics of dysfunction. I wished to write a longer piece on it, but do not have the energy. However Kratika looked exceedingly pretty in the precap, and reminded me of her role as Arati in PV. Goodnight and namaste. Om shantih.

Thank you for sharing your insightful views regarding Dev's personality as depicted by his behavior. You have touched on many aspects that were shown but not interpreted and discussed on this forum:
1. Dev's escapist tendencies - how true and so well written. In today's episode too he scuttled away to the terrace without awaiting or seeking a response from Payal. And, when Payal mentioned the visit to her house - he never re-visited the topic!
2. Indeed you rightly brought to our attention that Dev's dharmic trait is a coping mechanism and need to make up for all that was wrong in his family! Dev could not withstand Gulkand's onslaught because he still is not willing to truly accept the nefarious activities of his brother and father. He knew Gulkand was right because of Payal's reaction - or else would he have questioned her veracity when the rest of the family claimed otherwise?
3. Dev is still fearful of having a show down with his parents and cutting of ties with them. This is perhaps because he is financially dependent on them.
4. Yes, post-revelation Dev showed the familial "nautanki" signs. In addition, he also showed a lack of empathy towards Payal. He conveyed his decision unilaterally and walked out to the terrace. It was as if her thoughts and feelings did not matter. He had a chance to discuss it with her this morning when she mentioned about the need to visit her parents - but the escapist in him did not want to raise the issue.
5. If chinks in Dev's armor are becoming apparent - so is Payal's weakness. Her relation with her parents is after all not as strong as we believed. She cannot bring herself to tell them the truth and convey how she plans to handle the situation. She too has resorted to DECEIVE them. What a pity!! This is going to be her Achilles heel. Jug-Ayyo will exploit this weakness of hers to their benefit!
I apologize for replying so late to your comment . Thank you for understanding
anonee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angel_Arya

Well written Meena πŸ‘

once again beautifully described Dev😊
And this time I totally agree with you πŸ˜†

Dev is hurt to know the truth.He feels being cheaten.I guess he even feels guilty regarding the injustice towards Payal.He don't know how to react.He is very weak.One side he has his family with whom he has spent his entire life till now,who has betrayed him,used him and the other side his love,his newly wedded wife.But I hope with time he would realise how to deal with the situation,after all time is a great teacher.

Dev loves Payal and his love for her is not fake.But the guilt factor of being used by his own family for the bad of his love makes him unable to face her.Though Payal would have forgiven him but the self consience...

Well I would definitely like to see Payal, how she manages the situation,Gulkand handling her in-laws but at the same time will also like to see how Dev deals with all this.What is his reaction,how will he be able to do justice with his wife,his love.

Thank you Anjali for sharing your thoughts. Yes, Dev is ashamed of his family - but I hope he also realizes how little they respect him and his right to live an independent life. His family have just trampled upon both his and Payal's life but instead of making it up to her - he is running away from the situation!
I agree with you the CVs have definitely created a plot that is worth watching!
anonee thumbnail
Chitra thank you for the comment.
Well Dev ran away because he was ashamed of his family. However two peoples lives are shattered - Payal had a bright future but now all is bleak for her. Dev was looking towards a bright future but all is taken away from him.
I hope with time (sooner rather than later) he begins to think of rebuilding. He needs to find a job as soon as possible and more importantly give support to Payal who is an unwitting prey of Jug-Ayyo's greed!
Edited by anonee - 9 years ago
aimf thumbnail

Originally posted by: anonee

Thank you for sharing your insightful views regarding Dev's personality as depicted by his behavior. You have touched on many aspects that were shown but not interpreted and discussed on this forum:
1. Dev's escapist tendencies - how true and so well written. In today's episode too he scuttled away to the terrace without awaiting or seeking a response from Payal. And, when Payal mentioned the visit to her house - he never re-visited the topic!
2. Indeed you rightly brought to our attention that Dev's dharmic trait is a coping mechanism and need to make up for all that was wrong in his family! Dev could not withstand Gulkand's onslaught because he still is not willing to truly accept the nefarious activities of his brother and father. He knew Gulkand was right because of Payal's reaction - or else would he have questioned her veracity when the rest of the family claimed otherwise?
3. Dev is still fearful of having a show down with his parents and cutting of ties with them. This is perhaps because he is financially dependent on them.
4. Yes, post-revelation Dev showed the familial "nautanki" signs. In addition, he also showed a lack of empathy towards Payal. He conveyed his decision unilaterally and walked out to the terrace. It was as if her thoughts and feelings did not matter. He had a chance to discuss it with her this morning when she mentioned about the need to visit her parents - but the escapist in him did not want to raise the issue.
5. If chinks in Dev's armor are becoming apparent - so is Payal's weakness. Her relation with her parents is after all not as strong as we believed. She cannot bring herself to tell them the truth and convey how she plans to handle the situation. She too has resorted to DECEIVE them. What a pity!! This is going to be her Achilles heel. Jug-Ayyo will exploit this weakness of hers to their benefit!
I apologize for replying so late to your comment . Thank you for understanding

No need to apologise. You are very conscientious.
Your points are right on, Especially numbers 3 and 5. I think the financial dependence is a big factor. Plus, Payal is very disappointing. Is this the righteous PWD engineer we saw at work, who chose not to help her own brother get his drivers' permit because she did not want to abuse her post? What happened to her? She who hated deceit and lies is resorting to it like there is no other go. How can the the feeble excuse of 'log kya kahenge" blind her to what is going, and become deaf to the voice of her conscience, her self-esteem. Payal's parents are not that old. Her father is just talking about retiring, and in India in governmental jobs, it is at age 58. It is not that they are really old and any shock will send them to the shores of a heart attack. No wonder Gulkand is kicking up a fuss seeing Payal. I am sure that it is not easy for Gulkand to see another woman in her position. Therefore she is trying to, like even the Jug and Ayyo, figure out Payal's motives for the wedding, and also her reasons for staying in the marriage after all that has happened.

You are correct in thinking that the achilles heel of Payal, i.e. her ties to hernatal house and her loved ones, will soon be exploited by Ayyo and Jugs. I, for one is not looking forward to that. Wake up, Payal. Wake up, Dev. You have a marriage to save, and some miscreants to avoid, if not send behind the bars.

anonee thumbnail
Thank you aimf for the kind comments and insight.
I too wonder where is the self-respecting, upright Payal that was shown to us earlier? The only valid explanation I can think of is that she is in shock. After all she and her husband have been treated like trash by Jug-Santoshi-Ayyo-Guddi-Jaiswal.
However if Dev and Payal do not nip this in the bud then they will have a perennial problem in their hands. Gulkand may be loud but she is right. Just as she is fighting for her rights and respect so should Payal and Dev!!
Oh I forgot to add that like Natru - Dev has a side-kick. Just as Jaiswal is with Natru through thick and thin, I hope they bring Rajesh back soon so that Dev has a friend to whom he can turn in need.
Edited by anonee - 9 years ago
aimf thumbnail
aah, the missing Rajesh, the side-kick. Right now, he is recovering from a kick to his Ayyo's kick to his sides.
anonee thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

aah, the missing Rajesh, the side-kick. Right now, he is recovering from a kick to his Ayyo's kick to his sides.

Good one 🀣