Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Wonderful poem. I too thought that the one dressed in black was making sense. The one dressed in white seemed to reproduce the needless burdens of the patriarchal culture that makes women inordinately responsible for keeping the culture and good name of both families, the parental and marital.
This part of the poem is my favorite and really stands out:

That what I labelled as dark thoughts and dressed in black
Was really wise counsel from my intuitive inner self
And thoughts that I had labelled as pure and white
Were deceit and lies dressed in white to lure me awayπŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by aimf - 9 years ago
anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

Wonderful poem. I too thought that the one dressed in black was making sense. The one dressed in white seemed to reproduce the needless burdens of the patriarchal culture that makes women inordinately responsible for keeping the culture and good name of both families, the parental and marital.
This part of the poem is my favorite and really stands out:

That what I labelled as dark thoughts and dressed in black
Was really wise counsel from my intuitive inner self
And thoughts that I had labelled as pure and white
Were deceit and lies dressed in white to lure me awayπŸ‘πŸ‘

Thank you aimf for concurring with my views. It is an antithesis - that Payal the educated and successful engineer should finally succumb to age old views of women and society. The CVs cleverly portrayed this antithesis by dressing the "sound reasoning" in black and the "misguided reasoning" in white. The CVs have done this deliberately - for they want to expose the faulty thinking of the majority of so called "educated and broad-minded" women. In defense of such women - I must say that they are victims of centuries of brain washing.
Thankfully, Payal has woken up from this misguided thought process the minute she laid eyes on Ayyo who glared at her gloatingly in defiance!!
Edited by anonee - 9 years ago
aimf thumbnail
Yes, I agree that the depiction of the black and white figures in Payal's monologue was deliberate on part of the CVs. It was a wonderful stroke. It is unfortunate that Payal fell for the age old adage of living for the sake of others' happiness at the cost of her own. Really speaking, the thought of how can one's loved one's be happy if one is miserable was quickly dismissed by Payal.
Angel_Arya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wonderfully described Payal's situationπŸ‘
KratikaSengarKS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Angel_Arya

Wonderfully described Payal's situationπŸ‘

same.. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘

Word Count: 1

Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Love the post and discussion πŸ‘πŸΌ the cv's did put a lot of thought into this show from the beginning as we saw the journey of Payal's life forom the educated, working, dutiful daughter filled with the upbring of her parents cultured, law abiding individual, surrounded by the love of her family and friends, the pride of her community. Now we are going to witnesses the transition in her life how will she deal with this new knowledge that both herself and her family were deceived. I fully understand her problem on one hand you have your beloved family her mom has her view about marriage and maintenance of tradition and culture, her dad about to retire he feels happy,pride that his beloved daughter is getting married into a good, cultured home he feels at peace that he did his duty she bay will be safe and happy throughout her life, poor guy does not know they were conned big time, Payal knows how shattered and hurt both her parents and family will be if she walks out of the marriage to Dev. Dev he is now a big question is he in the plan with his greedy family or is he innocent is his love for her true will he find a job or is he a lazy bum. Payal is going ahead with the marriage for the sake of her beloved family but what will happen when that same family finds out the reality of the Prasad's will they not be hurt just as bad as in the present pre marriage.
I understand this show is SWB so the creatives will keep this in mind for the remaining episodes but can't Dev get a job, can't both she and Dev live separately from his family, can't she not give her hard earn money to those greedy lazy bums, give some money not all or the majority it is her money why must she compromise.
Thanks for reading my rant I just want to knock some sence into Payal and hope the CV's show a strong Payal dealing with thoes greedy Parsads, not a week defeated woman just accepting cultural, and traditional norms.

Angel_Arya thumbnail

Originally posted by: sb1410

Love the post and discussion πŸ‘πŸΌ the cv's did put a lot of thought into this show from the beginning as we saw the journey of Payal's life forom the educated, working, dutiful daughter filled with the upbring of her parents cultured, law abiding individual, surrounded by the love of her family and friends, the pride of her community. Now we are going to witnesses the transition in her life how will she deal with this new knowledge that both herself and her family were deceived. I fully understand her problem on one hand you have your beloved family her mom has her view about marriage and maintenance of tradition and culture, her dad about to retire he feels happy,pride that his beloved daughter is getting married into a good, cultured home he feels at peace that he did his duty she bay will be safe and happy throughout her life, poor guy does not know they were conned big time, Payal knows how shattered and hurt both her parents and family will be if she walks out of the marriage to Dev. Dev he is now a big question is he in the plan with his greedy family or is he innocent is his love for her true will he find a job or is he a lazy bum. Payal is going ahead with the marriage for the sake of her beloved family but what will happen when that same family finds out the reality of the Prasad's will they not be hurt just as bad as in the present pre marriage.

I understand this show is SWB so the creatives will keep this in mind for the remaining episodes but can't Dev get a job, can't both she and Dev live separately from his family, can't she not give her hard earn money to those greedy lazy bums, give some money not all or the majority it is her money why must she compromise.
Thanks for reading my rant I just want to knock some sence into Payal and hope the CV's show a strong Payal dealing with thoes greedy Parsads, not a week defeated woman just accepting cultural, and traditional norms.

Agree
Nice oneπŸ‘
aimf thumbnail
@ angel

What might appear to be a straightforward solution to the viewers will never occur to the lead lady. Besides, Payal assumes that Dev is aware of all that is going on. It is so incredulous that Dev is not culpable even to us viewers, and therefore you can imagine how many episodes it will take for Payal to clear this MU.πŸ˜†
Angel_Arya thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

@ angel

What might appear to be a straightforward solution to the viewers will never occur to the lead lady. Besides, Payal assumes that Dev is aware of all that is going on. It is so incredulous that Dev is not culpable even to us viewers, and therefore you can imagine how many episodes it will take for Payal to clear this MU.πŸ˜†

Again agreed πŸ˜†

you are right,if the lead lady goes straightforward then what will happen to the show πŸ˜†