Revelry and Revelation

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Pride always comes before a big fall. Today we saw the Prasads strutting about, gloating prematurely, congratulating one another about each one's part in pulling wool over the Gais, oops, sorry, I mean the Rais. The stage is set. The trap has been laid for the milch gai --I mean Payal Rai-- to fall into the intricate web of lies and deceit spun by the in-laws. Somewhere, a sanctified pot of holy water, unwilling to take part in this ghastly charade, sacrifices itself and tips over --a warning is sounded. But is it too late?

Now the night advances, stretching itself taut over the unceremonious actions of the Prasads like a tent, giving them temporary shelter. Elsewhere, the Siren of Justice sounds the drum alerting the gentle bride not to stray into the territory marked for slaughter.

Although it appears that the warning goes unheeded, and the marriage takes place, the Prasad's revelry will be shortlived, as Payal, the new bride has a mind to give some of her own prasad to the Prasads. Let us watch what happens.

For a longer analysis of symbolism related to this show, see also:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4357709
Edited by aimf - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel_Arya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice one πŸ˜†
Gai and Rai πŸ˜†
Prasad to Prasads πŸ˜†

Well lets see what happens now πŸ˜‰
aimf thumbnail
Thank you, Angel!

I think they will drag this out tomorrow and leave a cliff hanger as to whether the shaadi takes place or not. In all these serials, once they have spent money on the wedding set, they have to do paisa usool by making sure that all serial weddings drag on for at least 9-10 days, and that the lead characters are in the same rented bridal outfits for that long.πŸ˜†
Doe_Jane2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
indeed! that was right on the money!
TM, you pointed out well what we can expect with this marriage..πŸ‘πŸΌ
it;s not going to be a bed of roses but bed of barbs πŸ˜ƒ..
Jogeshwar may have to fight 2 battles in his on territory..

aimf thumbnail
@janedoe

Thanks for the comment. Indeed Jughead will keep dancing. To start him off, I hope Payal pinches his big toe as she touches his feet to receive his blessings.
anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

Pride always comes before a big fall. Today we saw the Prasads strutting about, gloating prematurely, congratulating one another about each one's part in pulling wool over the Gais, oops, sorry, I mean the Rais. The stage is set. The trap has been laid for the milch gai --I mean Payal Rai-- to fall into the intricate web of lies and deceit spun by the in-laws. Somewhere, a sanctified pot of holy water, unwilling to take part in this ghastly charade, sacrifices itself and tips over --a warning is sounded. But is it too late?

Now the night advances, stretching itself taut over the unceremonious actions of the Prasads like a tent, giving them temporary shelter. Elsewhere, the Siren of Justice sounds alerting the gentle bride not to stray into the territory marked for slaughter.

Although it appears that the warning goes unheeded, and the marriage takes place, the Prasad's revelry will be shortlived, as Payal, the new bride has a mind to give some of her own prasad to the Prasads. Let us watch what happens.

Thank you for the excellent post.
I have not watched the last 2 episodes.Your post convinces me that the CVs have done a terrific job. Your metaphors are so apt.
aimf thumbnail
@anonee

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read this post. When time permits, please also read this longer post:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4357709

I would love to have your feedback.

The CVs are doing a nice job, but the pace progresses at a pace that is slower than the snail. Although you have not seen the last two episodes, you will find that you have not missed anything. Not much has happened by way of action. Now tomorrow will be a cliffhanger whether the wedding actually takes place or not.
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

The stage is set for Prasads and Jaiswal tooπŸ˜†

The revelation , shock, and the decision to go ahead...will be this week's episode...I guess.

How different will be Payal from Gul...will be interesting to watch ..
In the midst of drama...Dev will BE all alone fighting his battle.
Singhasan of JOG ...will experience a different form of dance .

amif...I too want payal to pinch Jog's toe while taking blessingsπŸ˜‰..πŸ˜†..

Lovely post as usual.
aimf thumbnail
Chitsri

What prompted me to say that I wish for Payal to pinch Jug's toe while taking ashirvad was the spoiler you or nirmala posted, where Payal looks very resolute and bent on teaching them all a lesson as she bends down to get blessings. Perhaps she has something brewing in mind.
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
amif...πŸ˜† ...in a mood of revenge...I meant the word 'pinch' literally...haha...thanks dear ..determined payal...to teach them...yeh.. she will think deeply and act..chalo she will get JOG's blessing of HIS downfall ...πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by chitsri65 - 9 years ago