The lady who makes cutting statements

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The lady who makes cutting statements

Yep, you guessed right - I am talking about Gulkand.

Gulkand, is a woman of spirit, gracious to those who please her, but cruel to those who do not (recollect the scene where she threw the pan of hot water on Basanti); protective and concerned about her family but harsh to Jug Head, who presumably deserves it for his misogyny.

Gulkand's story is a major subplot of the romantic drama, SWB. The only heir of a wealthy brother and bhabhi (I may be wrong - later in the story the CVs may inform us that the brother has kids or that Gulkand has a younger brother), Gulkand is married to a spineless and shiftless husband who (like his father Jug Head) is more interested in her money than her. Gulkand, is determined and able to follow her own will but years of living with Ayyo and Jug Head has made her develop a sharp tongue out of bitterness and frustration. Her remarks are not wanton nor unjustifiable, even though they are harsh, cutting and mean. Her words are born out of a response to the situation, not wanton aggression.

Right now, Ayyo and Jug Head are manipulating situations and getting the better of her at every turn. But sooner or later, Gulkand will wizen up. She will realize that Ayyo is playing with her emotions - faking love and concern for her. She will realize that her brother and she are being duped by Ayyo in order to hold on to her dowry and siphon off more from her brother. Worse still, she will realize that Ayyo and Jug Head are a team - working together to cheat her brother and her.

Once this realization dawns, we will see (hopefully) a new avatar (of Gulkand. I hope we see a lady who will turn the tables on Jug Head and use Ayyo against him to manipulate situations so that she gets the better of both!!

In my opinion, it is no coincidence that the CVs have shown Gulkand visiting the Durga temple. If she has to beat Jug Head in his game - then in many respects that is the avatar that she will have to assume!!
Edited by anonee - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anisha_anitan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely post and agree with everuthing you have wrote
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice character analysis. I am waiting not for the Durga, but for Gulkands Kali avatar to come out when she finds out what is happening.
Also, let's not forget that Gulkand is being lied to by her own brother, who is faking a business loss to get rid of his sister and her family. He is hoping that they will return to their own house.

Therefore, there are no reliable people in Gulkands life, whom she can trust. Are the cvs paving the way for a PayKand bonding? I certainly hope so.

Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed with your post
Gulkand is indeed a force of nature I sincerely hope both daughter in laws will teach Jog, his family and others like them a good lesson not to exploit innocent families.
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
A lovely analysis...GUL will give a taste of his own medicine😉 eagerly waiting for that scene