How come Dev is unaware?

SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
How come Dev seems to be unaware about his family's true greedy nature? He has lived with them all his life and he seems to be clueless about how they think esp his father's 'principles'... this seems very unrealistic. Surely he might have known about dowry taken from Gulkand (she seems very vocal about this to everyone)... so how come Dev hasn't discussed the dowry matter reg his wedding with his father... unless, of course he doesn't care either way. I think the CVs are making sure Dev is ignorant about all this so that he ends up being completely innocent in the dowry matter... except that it doesn't seem convincing...

The other thing that is surprising is that Dev doesn't seem to be negatively influenced by his family in the slightest... I guess the CVs are trying to show that nurture and upbringing has no role in how a person turns out; its all in the nature of the individual... 😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cherrypansy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I echoed similar sentiments in one of my posts, ...and TBH this seems all unreal. CV's are just trying to save him. This makes him a very weak character. The way his family is using him and hiding things from him...makes him look more like a person who not only lacks intelligence but is also not able to make proper decisions e.g he knows Payal is a well qualified engineer having a government job but agrees to get married...agree he likes her but what about Payal's expectations.
Second, I think he knows about dowry from the Gulkand family...if not money but definitely the things like car etc...(if not then I think he has been sleep walking all the years of his life)...so why not he is thinking that how come his father is not asking for it this time.
KratikaSengarKS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
great post agree with you and @cheerypansy
ladyBgud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
both lead characters are weak..Gulkhand is the only strooonnggg character and Joggy in another aspect😆😆😆..
Angel_Arya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Agreed with your views
The character Dev seems to be unreal.
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
In my opinion I think Dev belives his father is not asking for any dowry because he has see how gulkand behaves always rubbing in how much she brought to the family and her general behaviour so he thinks his dad is trying to save the family from two dil like gulkand hence no dowry no one to try and rule the roost.
nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Hi

I think u missed a epi....Dev did confront abt this to his dad once...where Dev asked not to take any dowry from the Rais...At that time, Jog did a drama to cover up d situation...Now dev s in dream land dreaming abt his future wife, once d reality strikes at his door...I hope we can see a confident and strong characters 4m both, Payal and Dev...