cherrypansy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Dev is a main lead of the show, admitting that no one is perfect still I am unable to understand that how come he is not aware of his parents and siblings real character? Although, we tend to deny the shortcomings of our dear ones, still we know the reality about them. Second, he is also not aware of his family's exact financial status. Now, he is ready to get married ( and that too a well qualified engineer as a government official) even knowing he is unemployed. I know he is trying hard, but still this doesn't bring surety. He is gentleman but can this secure Payal's future? I am really feeling bad for Payal...loved Rajat's concern yesterday...she is getting into troubles from all sides...her FIL will take her salary away, lazy MIL & SIL will make her do household chores, BIL will use her government position and can we expect a strong support from meek Dev???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
These exact thoughts went through my mind, how will Dev support Payal when the truth come out, will he turn a blind eye to his family greedy/morals less ways or will he grow a spine and support his wife values. Dev is portrayed as a kind, loving soul, a decent guy, naive to his family true nature, a gentleman who has a genuine reason to work towards a goal study/pass exams/job suitable for the husband of a PWD engineer
My question is will he eventually gain that level of
maturity and see his family for who/what they really
are and have the confidence to go against them? Or this will turn out to be another one show where the dil has to do everything her in laws demand and shut her mouth and hubby is a coward to support his wife. I really hope the CVS show Dev getting a job if only to support his greedy family.
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
agreed .mostly valid points mentioned ..

dev charter should be strong to move the story forward . nt stay backward avoidin all difficult phases infront .

his brother is playin a strong grey role nd father greedy up to level .hw cum he nt aware of thr intentions ..
or he too dominated along with his lil sister ..

hope to see a strong lead in future epis ..
KSphilia thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
perfect! u have summed up what's been running through my mind when i was in the second week of watching the show...and then, the story have no real direction at all..it's been week 3-4 now and all i understood is just some malicious intents here and there and the planning of shaadi...
cherrypansy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the replies...
TBH, what makes the story weak is the way the male lead is shown...CV's have tried to project him the right person for Payal by showing him a man of morals and ethics...although he is a very weak...no financial independence and knowledge of what is happening around even in his immediate surrounding. Until, he saw Payal he was not even serious about his career ( seemed just attending coaching institute), but pinched me most was that he agreeing to get married being employed...I would have even appreciated, if he had said I don't want to get married unless I am in a job...that would have still given some weightage to his character..in light of all this, his all positive qualities shown seems hollow..
My only hope is on Gulkand as Payal's savior...
Edited by cherrypansy - 9 years ago
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I agree only hope for Payal is Gulkand. Sometimes I wonder about Dev how could he be so oblivious of what is happening in his family, how old is he why doesn't he have a job, apparently he never had and interest in the family's financial matters. He comes across as being an adult but immature where his family are concern.
nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thats d only thing...I dont want this marriage to take place now...but its a show...inorder to create drama they have to keep an open end at one side so now its dev ...

Brilliant post
Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Dev is shown as slightly naive...too soft & yes, weak. He has a good heart but it's this goodness that will land him in trouble. I think deep down Dev is aware of the issues in his family but he chooses to ignore it because it's easier that way.

To be honest, a weak Dev at this point will work better for the storyline because we will see Payal's struggle & Dev being helpless on the other end. But as the story progresses, I really hope Dev matures into a stronger individual that will help support his wife on all levels. Othewise it wont be fair on Payal.