Dev and Payal Igniting Their Romance With Old Fashioned Values

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

There were so many issues happening at so many different levels today (I mean today's episode) and all of the cast acted their roles so naturally that it would be only fair to say - that everyone did a fantastic job - the cast and crew. From the plot, the script, the settings and acting - to me everything appeared flawless. Or, even if there were flaws I never noticed them because everything flowed so seamlessly and naturally. 👏

I could write on all of the scenarios but I am, for now, going to delve into the scenario involving Dev and Payal. The scenes were so beautifully, effortlessly, and so convincingly acted that you could never tell that they are people like you and me playing a role on TV. Today's scenes were not easy, in fact they are one of those that are most difficult to act - but the two lead players, Payal and Dev pulled it off superbly. ⭐️

It was fascinating to see the interaction between Payal and Dev and how well ... how respectfully they treated each other. In an era, where TV, Bollywood, Mollywood and all the other ..woods, pump out shows highlighting brash and loud romance (by this I mean trendy songs accompanied by suggestive dances, dialogues and skimpy clothes) the CVs of Servicewali Bahu have managed to authentically show romance highlighting good old fashioned values.

So, what do I mean by old fashioned values that is igniting the romance between Dev and Payal? Let us take a look at them:

1. Letter writing: Both Payal and Dev carry smart phones and have email accounts. They can call, text, or email each other. But instead they chose to put ink on paper and communicate the old fashioned way. Letter writing is so special - you really think of the person, compile your emotions and thoughts, before expressing yourself. The letter carries a part of you and when the other person holds it they are touching and absorbing your tactile input. When they read the letter, they visualize you talking to them, and conveying the associated emotions.

In this case, Dev's letter was special in its simplicity and sincerity - it touched Payal's heart. Her response too was simple and honest. For, she wrote, she too believed in simplicity. This is so in contrast to obvious wooing and declarations of everlasting love. By not being brash and demanding in his expression of love - Dev had induced in Payal romantic feelings for him.

2. Respect: Respecting your partner-to-be involves treating him or her in a way that makes them feel important. One aspect of respect is acting in accordance with each other's standards and values. Neither of them touch each other or make suggestive statements. In fact, Dev stumbles and mumbles, and is obviously nervous about expressing himself. And when speak, he does it is with respect and straight from the heart - no guile or veiled emotions. He was ready to leave and not meet with Payal because he wanted to respect Payal's mother's request re: not meeting Payal. Payal reciprocated to his behavior with respect - she noticed his nervousness and reluctance to stay. Nevertheless, he was a visitor and as such she invited him in, offered him tea, and made him feel comfortable.

By respecting one another, their affection and admiration for each other will also increase. One might say - their romance will increase.

3.Serviceful or caring attitude: Dev wanted to show Payal that he cared for her, so he bought her a small gift. What better way to manifest "that you care"? As Payal took it - you could see in her eyes that she appreciated Dev for taking the time to think of her and choose a gift for her. The gift itself did not matter but the thought and the simple way it was presented (again no touching or overt tones of love) made her feel special and aroused romantic feelings in her. Dev too reflected the same feelings as Payal when she asked him to take a seat and ordered tea for both of them.

Sigh!! The two were so wonderful and the scenario so simple and touching. There was nothing old fashioned about their display - what we saw were just "values". If we show these values in all our interactions we will experience harmony in our lives.

P.S. I must add that I enjoy the background score associated with Dev and Payal.

Edited by anonee - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very nice musings and observations. Thank you. I have been busy and have been missing the last few episodes. Once I catch up, I will be able appreciate better these nuances that you have outlined so well.
anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

Very nice musings and observations. Thank you. I have been busy and have been missing the last few episodes. Once I catch up, I will be able appreciate better these nuances that you have outlined so well.

Thank you for the kind comment 😊

I can totally understand how it is when you miss episodes. I eagerly await reading your posts once you have watched the episodes.
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anonee

There were so many issues happening at so many different levels today (I mean today's episode) and all of the cast acted their roles so naturally that it would be only fair to say - that everyone did a fantastic job - the cast and crew. From the plot, the script, the settings and acting - to me everything appeared flawless. Or, even if there were flaws I never noticed them because everything flowed so seamlessly and naturally. 👏

I could write on all of the scenarios but I am, for now, going to delve into the scenario involving Dev and Payal. The scenes were so beautifully, effortlessly, and so convincingly acted that you could never tell that they are people like you and me playing a role on TV. Today's scenes were not easy, in fact they are one of those that are most difficult to act - but the two lead players, Payal and Dev pulled it off superbly. ⭐️

It was fascinating to see the interaction between Payal and Dev and how well ... how respectfully they treated each other. In an era, where TV, Bollywood, Mollywood and all the other ..woods, pump out shows highlighting brash and loud romance (by this I mean trendy songs accompanied by suggestive dances, dialogues and skimpy clothes) the CVs of Servicewali Bahu have managed to authentically show romance highlighting good old fashioned values.

So, what do I mean by old fashioned values that is igniting the romance between Dev and Payal? Let us take a look at them:

1. Letter writing: Both Payal and Dev carry smart phones and have email accounts. They can call, text, or email each other. But instead they chose to put ink on paper and communicate the old fashioned way. Letter writing is so special - you really think of the person, compile your emotions and thoughts, before expressing yourself. The letter carries a part of you and when the other person holds it they are touching and absorbing your tactile input. When they read the letter, they visualize you talking to them, and conveying the associated emotions.

In this case, Dev's letter was special in its simplicity and sincerity - it touched Payal's heart. Her response too was simple and honest. For, she wrote, she too believed in simplicity. This is so in contrast to obvious wooing and declarations of everlasting love. By not being brash and demanding in his expression of love - Dev had induced in Payal romantic feelings for him.

2. Respect: Respecting your partner-to-be involves treating him or her in a way that makes them feel important. One aspect of respect is acting in accordance with each other's standards and values. Neither of them touch each other or make suggestive statements. In fact, Dev stumbles and mumbles, and is obviously nervous about expressing himself. And when speak, he does it is with respect and straight from the heart - no guile or veiled emotions. He was ready to leave and not meet with Payal because he wanted to respect Payal's mother's request re: not meeting Payal. Payal reciprocated to his behavior with respect - she noticed his nervousness and reluctance to stay. Nevertheless, he was a visitor and as such she invited him in, offered him tea, and made him feel comfortable.

By respecting one another, their affection and admiration for each other will also increase. One might say - their romance will increase.

3.Serviceful or caring attitude: Dev wanted to show Payal that he cared for her, so he bought her a small gift. What better way to manifest "that you care"? As Payal took it - you could see in her eyes that she appreciated Dev for taking the time to think of her and choose a gift for her. The gift itself did not matter but the thought and the simple way it was presented (again no touching or overt tones of love) made her feel special and aroused romantic feelings in her. Dev too reflected the same feelings as Payal when she asked him to take a seat and ordered tea for both of them.

Sigh!! The two were so wonderful and the scenario so simple and touching. There was nothing old fashioned about their display - what we saw were just "values". If we show these values in all our interactions we will experience harmony in our lives.

P.S. I must add that I enjoy the background score associated with Dev and Payal.

Understanding the critical and problematic points of audience and analyzing it beautifully ..pointwise...😃

Your tone of review - intelligent and reliable...and something to think about 👏 and u bowled me with the last line..(@B, U , I) Thank U.

-Serene.Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Amazing fantastic post!!
I agree Devyal are a treat to watch!! old fashioned... but yes old is always gold... ;)
-Serene.Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
and agree such values should be shown in the shows.. not the annoying trip and fall eyelocks..
MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Such a lovely post, Meena! ❤️

I have so many episodes to catch up on! *sigh* So I will be back with my thoughts about this particular scenario once I have seen the episode...Before I step out for a bit, though, I have to say that I absolutely love the background score of the show so far. I hope the showrunners keep using "Mere Naina Kafir Hogaye" as Dev-Payal's song throughout the show, because it is so sweet! Unless they find another equally lovely and apt song to use as well, that is!

Cheers!

smileymj10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Just missed this kind of post!

Very well said, Meena.. 👍🏼
Thanks for that wonderful post.. 😳
Am only at my 4th epi.
Reading this, eager me to finish the rest of them quickly, and i still have many..

Nwei, hope there's a discussion also here like DC..

nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful post....d essence of d scene was felt reading ur post...

wen Dev was to write d letter for payal...i felt that he would write some poetry but was surprised to see some genuine words and heartfelt emotions of Dev....