skar1984 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi All,
I absolutely LOVE Gulkand - we need more women like her. In the pilot episode I was a bit taken aback by her behaviour but now I feel she is 100% justified. For a family like that and a FIL like Jogeshwar - she is a fitting DIL.
I love her spunk, her honesty, bluntness and sense of justice. She calls a spade a spade and has no shame in doing so.

I was half expecting her to smack her FIL when he smacked her - not sure why she didn't.
However I was expecting her to do 2 things - I dunno if CVs are holding off on this or they failed to incorporate this:

1)When Jogeshwar slapped her - I expected her (based on her character sketch) to tell him off and threaten to call the police on him for domestic abuse. She had the entire neighbourhood as witnesses. I'm not sure why she didn't threaten to do so - domestic abuse is a big offense and they took dowry - thats technically illegal. I'm not familiar with the judicial system there but I would hope she could use the law in her favor - her brother would back her up.

2) When Jogeshwar was telling her to leave becoz he's fed up with her and her attitude - when she answered with if anyone leaves it should be them since this house ws created with her brother's money - I'm surprised she didn't say - sure I can leave if u don't want to but before I go I want my money back - every penny I brought, return it and I'll leave. That would have shut that old man up.

Thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

The title ,the post AND your thoughts - awesome ๐Ÿ‘

To let go off a man by just one single demand...well that can't be Gulkand...
Probably she has better ways to teach him a lesson...INTERESTs on the principle amount๐Ÿ˜† V may get to see lot more in future BUT as far as the character sticks to Honesty, bluntness and sense of justice...we will love her...hope the character doesn't go beyond...u know what I mean.

Beautiful and talented actress โญ๏ธ

kmfan_2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Fantastic post indeed!โญ๏ธ

Gulkand as a character is so powerful! Initially even I felt she was a bit too loud and brash but in all the episodes till now except yesterday's which I missed, I found her to be one who wouldn't sit silently watching injustice happen!

It is really heart warming to see the portrayal of a strong woman and her acting is splendid!

In fact I am keen to know how she was silent when dowry was demanded in her case and when her family had given the huge amount. Was it that she wasn't aware then and got to know later? I am still unaware of that as by the way she speaks with conviction she must be aware that giving dowry is also not right.

I think she is an absolute treat to watch!
Thank you for such a wonderful post...loved it!๐Ÿ‘
nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful post on Gulkand ...she s d stellar performance of SWB...
KratikaSengarKS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Gulkand Zindabad.. Love the post ๐Ÿ‘

she is just amazing.. I soo agree with you. ๐Ÿ‘

she is just fabb.. loving her.. cant wait to see her with Payal!
-Serene.Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
agree with you all!!
the actress is talented!! and her character is bang on!!! loving it... :D
melodica thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I so agree!
The character is awesum. N da actress is amazing!
Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
At first I thought she was going to be a typical vamp...but glad I have been proven wrong. She's actually a very refreshing character. I like how she stood up to her father in law. What kind of man is he? Shameless. But yeh, she's got a lot of fire in her. Kudos to the writers ๐Ÿ‘
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I like this character... its refreshing to see her taking a stand in her own way against the dowry that had to be paid by her brother. Its nicely shown as to how a DIL will have no respect for in-laws who demand dowry.