I think the subject is highly relevant in today's context - Abhishek R

Deepaaveng thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

I think the subject is highly relevant in today's context - Abhishek Rawat

Actor Abhishek Rawat talks about his new show Servicewali Bahu and more with TellyBuzz.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 | 6:06:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)
42 Comments | 1345 Views | Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz

Actor Abhishek Rawat, who was last seen on Life OK's Baawre, will be seen portraying a different role on Zee TV's Servicewali Bahu. While Abhishek, has always experimented with his roles, Abhishek looks forward to make people aware about the social issue through this show.

In conversation with us, Abhishek talks about his character, highlighting the issue of dowry and more...

Tell us about your character in the show?

Well my character's name is Dev who is struggling to make his career; he is at that stage where he is only concerned about his career. He is a very nice and an ideal son. Dev falls in love with Payal (Kratika Sengar) who is an engineer and finally they will get married to each other. However, he is not in favor of taking dowry but is helpless because his family is greedy.

Servicewali Bahu is a woman oriented show, so do you feel that you character might get neglected?

Well if you see daily soaps, most of the shows are women oriented. A few shows have the male lead essaying a prominent role, like the one essayed in Baawre. But that's very rare, you can sit at home and wait for such roles or can take up the show with a very good subject.

With Zee TV, I have done the show Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo which highlighted a social issue of trafficking and atrocities against women in our society, where again focus was on Lali played by Raatan Raajputh, even though it was a women oriented show, I got a very good role to portray where I got a chance to show my talent and it was a successful character. So I don't think a woman's role is important or the guy is neglected, they equally get a very good part to play and show their talent. I am happy and condemned with the role of Dev in Servicewali Bahu.

What is your take on the concept of the show? Are you convinced with the topic?

I think the subject is highly relevant in today's context with the way our society is booming. It is through media, people are aware about the social issues and can opine about it. But the mindset of the people has still not changed but the way of taking dowry has changed.

Do you think so that the show will bring a change in the mindset of the people?

I don't know because we are not preaching anything that one must do this or that. We are just trying to show that what happens in the society and definitely TV leaves an impact in our society.

Media has always helped to bring changes and so I would say that, yes, TV is a very big medium to bring a change in our society. So we are trying to project the issue of dowry through the popular medium TV.

Neha Jain

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kmfan_2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing
It is a nice interview and loving this show so far!
KayAziwa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thanks dear..

Comments on the article too guys..