Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xDownInFlamesx thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Thanks a ton dear๐Ÿค—..For using for valuable time and sharing the information about S1...and I can understand the pain in your fingers after finishing this๐Ÿ˜†

MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RNpoint1857

The link that has been shared here of episodes of Sanjivani S1 I tried opening it but they are prompting that I cannot view the file. Can you please make that available I really wanna watch S1 of Sanjivani. It's a humble request. ๐Ÿ˜Š Talking about this post

Hmm, there should be two folders and a note visible when you click on the link...If you still can't see the video files within the folders, PM me and hopefully we can figure it out.

Originally posted by: ms.nitya12

I agree about the utilisation of earlier retained characters, up till now in S2, they are banked & cashed for the iconic brand they created in the minds of audience,with their blistering performance that made their chemistry combust with spontaneity, but here they are filed too far for previous audience to adjust,characters growth/ transition should grow along audience understanding , without assuming on assimilation,leaving some bittersweet nostalgic memories jolted & jeopardised .

Yeah, it's evident that the channel and production house wants to keep "Brand Sanjivani" running in whatever form they can, even if it means creating 2 shows that were supposed to be sequels of Classic Sanjivani. I just find it so confusing - both DMG and S2 were said to be sequels, but now they're not exactly sequels? *head spins from confusion* I'm just going back to watching the show that started all of this, at least that one has a well-defined world and set of characters with backstories!

Originally posted by: Ayesha066

I agree Sanjivani wasn't flawless but most of the times things made sense.. The relationships weren't this twisted and if the makers of the show are introducing the show as if it is connected to the previous ones then the least they can do is not butcher the memories people have stored in their minds of Sanjivani..

Most of the viewers of Season 1 are watching the shows for nostalgia of the show.. But if the cvs take an opposite direction then i believe they will loose their old viewership..

Absolutely, more often than not, things made sense and could be justified...Even the TRP-bait stuff like the awful Masoom subplot and the terrorist twist subplot had foreshadowing written in and the actors' performances were worth watching. And the relationships between characters were still well-woven into all those dramatic twists! The Masoom subplot obviously revolved around Shashank, Smriti, and Anjali - but Juhi also played a significant role in it, as Smriti's supportive shield. The terrorist twist still had Shashank internally panicking about what would happen to Anjali...and Rahul/Juhi were most affected by that entire ordeal, but they found their way back to each other, as always.

The nostalgia of the earlier shows is definitely what the showrunners and channel were depending on to get their old audiences to tune in. It shows, because bringing back Mohnish and Gurdeep, and using Mihir's voice and footage for new "flashbacks" is basically all that they've got as "links." Even Anjali has the potential for more depth, but so far it just looks like they took the character sketch from DMG and twisted it a lot. They could have shown something about dealing with being in her parents' shadows AND Juhi's shadow; they could have shown something about not being able to cope with her mother's death. All of that would have made sense. But I guess that wouldn't be dramatic enough?

For the new audiences, it's working like a charm, because they don't know anything about Sanjivani canon and that gives them a clean slate to watch anything...It establishes a complicated new web of relationships and mysteries and keeps people intrigued....And if they have a solid new viewership, then who cares about the old viewership, right?

Originally posted by: MasoomaBukhari

thanks for sharing :D

as far as i remember..

@purple: simran's father was the trustee and owner of sanjivani.. ๐Ÿค” shanky was just an employee.. no? bcz i remember simran's father ordering shanky about stuff..

@pink: this is so true.. i wonder why are they showing a rotten relation between juhi n anjali .. have they not done research on se01?

@orange: wait.. did not juhi have feelings for shanky in the beginning of the show? she did .. no?

@episodes.. where are rest of the episodes available? as given link has only 40 of them

You're welcome! I'll be uploading more over the next few weeks, in sets of 20 episodes or so. I've only got around 125ish out of the 167 episodes, I think, so keep an eye out for them!

Simran's father, Mr. Chopra, was indeed the one who was pulling all the strings at Sanjivani for a long time, and Simran followed in his footsteps, being a pain to everyone, haha. But later on, Shashank did become a trustee. Smriti used to teasingly call Shashank "Mr. Trustee" so that's why I remember it definitely happened! XD

I don't know if the creative minds who came up with Sanjivani are the same ones working on this show. Besides Siddharth P Malhotra, most of the names I've seen in the credits weren't associated with the older show. It doesn't make sense to me, because SPM was the one who came up with the concept back in the 2000s...but then again, the Sanjivani writing team had a LOT of people and some of them stayed with the show for a long time. This writing team...I don't know, they've divided the show into two mini-shows with entirely different tones, I feel. And they basically can invent anything they want, I guess, including really horribly-edited fake "flashback" scenes for the sake of these new mysteries.

Juhi didn't have any strong romantic feelings for Shashank, no. She used to praise him to the skies in the early days because she looked up to him as a professional mentor - and I think she *could* have had a slight starry-eyed crush on him initially, at the most. Even that faded really fast, because she saw Rahul's softer side and started liking him more and more. Juhi's overall view of Shashank was nothing beyond a young girl's hero worship of a man whom everyone respected, who welcomed her into his family as an unofficial daughter. If Rahul was 100% on Team Shashank/Smriti, then Juhi was 500% on it, and Omi was 1000% on it, haha!

Originally posted by: MasoomaBukhari

at least they should clarify what happened to Anjali and Atul .. they should not make anjali vardhan a couple bcz DMG fans love atul anjali.. and in last episodes of dmg.. anjali went to delhi to atul..

they should justify it

then they cannot separate lead pair of sanjivani smiley5 rahul juhi shud eventually get back together in this season..

If Atul even exists in this S2-verse, right? Omi and Chitra adopted an HIV+ patient's son named Sumit at the end of Sanjivani. I guess somehow that child turned into Atul for DMG, or Sumit became Atul's older brother since both were adopted...otherwise the timelines don't make sense. There's not much point trying to line up all the DMG/S2 "facts" now, because clearly anything goes...One of the few good things about the end of DMG was that Anjali's deep feelings for Atul were finally shown in multiple ways, and the door was left open for the possibility of them being together. Pankit and Sunaina's cameos throughout that last phase kept the continuity of Atul/Anjali's relationship going, they made the most of the scraps that they were given...so impressive that they managed to build a subplot for themselves out of next to nothing. But also...they could have done SO much more!

Anyway, no expectations, but I agree that *if* Atul Joshi exists in the universe of this new show, it would be great to see him again! Whether the other shows' dynamics apply to this one or not, it would be fascinating to see Pankit and Sayantani play off each other, since both of them are versatile actors with the ability to hold their own against actors like Mohnish and Gurdeep. And they can do the whole sarcastic-but-sensitive thing really well!

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

@bold

Yay.. smiley40smiley41

Borna, Please do upload the rest of the episodes to google-drive.. as and when you get time. smiley20

The next set is up! E41-60! And it's my favorite set of episodes, for obvious reasons...Love your excitement, haha!

Originally posted by: Aanchal15

Thank you for the very detailed fantastic synopsis !

I concur with @ ms nitya 12.. it is apocryphal.. , just to spice the relationship dynamics between Dr Shashank and his student ! smiley36

And thank you very much for the Google drive link! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Originally posted by: Draconian

Thanks a ton dear๐Ÿค—..For using for valuable time and sharing the information about S1...and I can understand the pain in your fingers after finishing this๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read through everything! That synopsis isn't even THAT detailed, trust me! XD The way that the Shashank/Smriti + Anjali storyline unfolds is difficult to write out, since the audience is thrown into the middle of the Shashank/Smriti relationship and there are memories of their past being unveiled while they're reconnecting in the present. But I love that kind of storytelling and it's really well done! The Rahul/Juhi + Simran storyline is more dramatic but less complicated from a narrative perspective, since they don't have a shared history influencing their present relationships.

Ayesha066 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MelodiousDreams

Absolutely, more often than not, things made sense and could be justified...Even the TRP-bait stuff like the awful Masoom subplot and the terrorist twist subplot had foreshadowing written in and the actors' performances were worth watching. And the relationships between characters were still well-woven into all those dramatic twists! The Masoom subplot obviously revolved around Shashank, Smriti, and Anjali - but Juhi also played a significant role in it, as Smriti's supportive shield. The terrorist twist still had Shashank internally panicking about what would happen to Anjali...and Rahul/Juhi were most affected by that entire ordeal, but they found their way back to each other, as always.

The nostalgia of the earlier shows is definitely what the showrunners and channel were depending on to get their old audiences to tune in. It shows, because bringing back Mohnish and Gurdeep, and using Mihir's voice and footage for new "flashbacks" is basically all that they've got as "links." Even Anjali has the potential for more depth, but so far it just looks like they took the character sketch from DMG and twisted it a lot. They could have shown something about dealing with being in her parents' shadows AND Juhi's shadow; they could have shown something about not being able to cope with her mother's death. All of that would have made sense. But I guess that wouldn't be dramatic enough?

For the new audiences, it's working like a charm, because they don't know anything about Sanjivani canon and that gives them a clean slate to watch anything...It establishes a complicated new web of relationships and mysteries and keeps people intrigued....And if they have a solid new viewership, then who cares about the old viewership, right?

Oh Right.. Even amongst that terrorist plot i was glued to the show because of the performances .. though now I feel it was too silly but back then it was so well woven in the story that i could believe that something like this can happen in Sanjivani..

I agree with you.. Though they have picked up the character of Anjali from where they left of in DMG.. They could've showed how a Childhood without her Mother and her Father not always being around has made her into what she is today.. But as you said it wouldn't be dramatic enough for the show although it would make the most sense..

@bold- Exactly.. But the point is that even new viewers are sometimes intrigued about the past shows and if they twist the relationships so much they will loose all their viewers.. Nobody wants to be confused so much..

Tamanna_Sarker thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thank you so much for 1st season storyline ๐Ÿ˜€

Originally posted by: Ayesha066

Oh Right.. Even amongst that terrorist plot i was glued to the show because of the performances .. though now I feel it was too silly but back then it was so well woven in the story that i could believe that something like this can happen in Sanjivani..

I agree with you.. Though they have picked up the character of Anjali from where they left of in DMG.. They could've showed how a Childhood without her Mother and her Father not always being around has made her into what she is today.. But as you said it wouldn't be dramatic enough for the show although it would make the most sense..

@bold- Exactly.. But the point is that even new viewers are sometimes intrigued about the past shows and if they twist the relationships so much they will loose all their viewers.. Nobody wants to be confused so much..

I remember Shashank, Smriti, Rahul, Juhi, and the kids sitting around the kitchen table, discussing the news about terrorist threats, and Juhi made a sarcastic, angry comment about how terrorists should come to Sanjivani and see how much damage their agendas have on the lives of citizens...It might have been a bit excessive to show a hostage situation and abduction, but hey, we have daayans and chudails and naagins and jinns galore on TV now, so angry politicians and terrorists in a hospital-based drama from the early 2000s is incredibly realistic, no? And yeah, I agree, at least those writers knew how to weave these things into the overall story! *shakes head wearily at the current state of ITV*

Right? Forget DMG even - since Iravati basically left the TV industry after Sanjivani went off air, it could have naturally followed that Smriti passed away due to an accident or medical complications related to a later pregnancy or something. The latter detail was repeatedly brought up in the show, and Shashank was so terrified of losing her! *sigh* For Anjali to grow up somewhat isolated from Shashank for various reasons related to that broken family thread...It would have been heartbreaking but at least it would have made perfect sense! I thought that's the route this new show would take, but it looks like there won't be any acknowledgement that Shashank even had a wife? Maybe this new universe's Anjali is an adopted child, who knows? Khair, that's better, even. Just let this be its own thing, leave Sanjivani's Shashank and his family alone!

Correct! Hence the point of this post! There's STILL so much confusion everywhere! "Why is Anjali here?" Arrey yaar, Anjali was an actual character with an entire SUBPLOT revolving around her in Sanjivani! That's why she is in all of these other shows! She's the one young generation constant, such a fascinating character - and this is the second time she's being written as an adult and the writers still can't do justice to her? Wow. Hotstar should just obtain the rights to put Classic Sanjivani online. That would resolve so much of the confusion. Will they? Hopefully before another decade goes by...

RNpoint1857 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I am on 4th part of Episode 39 of Season 1. Just keeping my honest opinion here. Initially they did focus on Juhi and Shashank, that's what I felt. Although Juhi was shown all idolizing Shashank but the way they used the camera effects, I don't know why but I felt that the creatives had it in their mind to show Shashank and Juhi as a pair, since the very beginning. As if giving us hints that they are destined to be together in future. Just that that suddenly Rahul and Juhi happened and may be the pair got so much love from the audience that the creative team might thought of giving Shashank and Juhi's concept backseat and hence everything got messed up (maybe) I haven't watched all the episodes yet so won't comment much about my anticipation about the upcoming episodes. And again may be because of Rahul and Juhi; Shashank and Smriti were given such high importance.

Edited by RNpoint1857 - 5 years ago
Ayesha066 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MelodiousDreams

I remember Shashank, Smriti, Rahul, Juhi, and the kids sitting around the kitchen table, discussing the news about terrorist threats, and Juhi made a sarcastic, angry comment about how terrorists should come to Sanjivani and see how much damage their agendas have on the lives of citizens...It might have been a bit excessive to show a hostage situation and abduction, but hey, we have daayans and chudails and naagins and jinns galore on TV now, so angry politicians and terrorists in a hospital-based drama from the early 2000s is incredibly realistic, no? And yeah, I agree, at least those writers knew how to weave these things into the overall story! *shakes head wearily at the current state of ITV*

Right? Forget DMG even - since Iravati basically left the TV industry after Sanjivani went off air, it could have naturally followed that Smriti passed away due to an accident or medical complications related to a later pregnancy or something. The latter detail was repeatedly brought up in the show, and Shashank was so terrified of losing her! *sigh* For Anjali to grow up somewhat isolated from Shashank for various reasons related to that broken family thread...It would have been heartbreaking but at least it would have made perfect sense! I thought that's the route this new show would take, but it looks like there won't be any acknowledgement that Shashank even had a wife? Maybe this new universe's Anjali is an adopted child, who knows? Khair, that's better, even. Just let this be its own thing, leave Sanjivani's Shashank and his family alone!

Correct! Hence the point of this post! There's STILL so much confusion everywhere! "Why is Anjali here?" Arrey yaar, Anjali was an actual character with an entire SUBPLOT revolving around her in Sanjivani! That's why she is in all of these other shows! She's the one young generation constant, such a fascinating character - and this is the second time she's being written as an adult and the writers still can't do justice to her? Wow. Hotstar should just obtain the rights to put Classic Sanjivani online. That would resolve so much of the confusion. Will they? Hopefully before another decade goes by...

Agree.. that plot was far better than the storylines and concepts the current shows are based on..

If I'm not wrong they did address this fact in DMG that Smriti has passed away..

I only wish that they left old Shashank and his family as it was.. but looking at the series of flashbacks in the past few episodes it seems the complete opposite.. the cvs don't seem to agree with our wishes.. They are constantly trying to connect the character of Shashank and Anjali to the previous season.. But taking selective characters from previous season with twisted pasts seems to be the way they are going through.. forgetting that a character like Smriti ever existed and making the storylines of previous season irrelevant..

@bold- I completely agree.. but I don't think they want to add it to Hotstar.. otherwise people might get even more confused as to Where are these flashbacks coming from?