Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Indipop :

Remix :

Bollywood :

ammmu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I lub his voice..!! [muskurana] ALthough have only heard two songs - Tujhe Dekh Dekh Sona and Naina from Omkara. both were excellent. All the best to Rahat ji!

thanks BB for article!
Guardian Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Oh thanks a lot for the article and download links. Such a treat. I am downloading all of them!! [AABHAR] [MUSKURANA]
Edited by GUARDIAN ANGEL - 17 years ago
Qwest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

People for Breakfast

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is a classical singer

What attracts you to India again and again?

The Indian audience. Indians are my favourite. I appreciate them as they have a good grasp of their culture, specially music. AIso, they are very supportive. I love performing for them again and again.

How did you see your relation with late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan?

Though I was born as his nephew, I treated him as my guru ever since I started learning music from him. He was my inspiration and motivation. As a teacher, he was very devoted and wanted us to learn music the right way with discipline and regular riyaaz.

How do you feel on being compared with him?

As he did not have any direct male descendant, I was the conscious choice to carry forward his musical tradition. I am very lucky that I got an opportunity to grow with his music but I cannot become Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. It's a great responsibility that I am trying to fulfil with honesty.

Do you think Indian artistes will get equal opportunity to perform in Pakistan?

Like love, music knows no boundary. I think they are always welcomed with same warmth in Pakistan as I am in India.

What after Jiya dhadak, dhadak jaye...?

I feel honoured to be associated with Bollywood. I am doing playback singing for two more films Om Shanti Om and Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. I am also working on a couple of albums.

-- Mamta Upadhyaya

Edited by Qwest - 17 years ago
Qwest thumbnail
I think the best song is "Main Jahan Rahoon". Magnificently sung by Rahat Fath Ali Khan and ably supported by Krishna, this sufi song boasts of a good mix of classical effectiveness as well as wonderful strings arrangements in the background. Javed Akhtar's lyrics are an asset for taking the song on a different level. Thankfully Himesh didn't sing this number.Hoping that Himesh will use more other's voice to get good work from quality singers rather use his own voice.

Anuradha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I have always found that he has taken inspiration from his uncle - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.. I somehow feel he is his uncle's shadow..
wite_rainbow thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Qwest

I think the best song is "Main Jahan Rahoon". Magnificently sung by Rahat Fath Ali Khan and ably supported by Krishna, this sufi song boasts of a good mix of classical effectiveness as well as wonderful strings arrangements in the background. Javed Akhtar's lyrics are an asset for taking the song on a different level. Thankfully Himesh didn't sing this number.Hoping that Himesh will use more other's voice to get good work from quality singers rather use his own voice.

Bobda I will totally agree with what you have just said. The rustic voice of both singers just touch the string of heart IMO and the lyrics are not far behind!

Qwest thumbnail
I was a Qawwali fan while I was still in school long before there was a Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan he was one of the best. I was not ready for Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's Qawwali honestly I did not like him much yes he did prove me wrong when I listen his Allah- Hu and Jiya dhadak, dhadak jaye.
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
You are right Bobda. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was the best. Rahat is doing a great job too. His Jiya Dharak Dharak is just awesome. But maybe he needs few more years of experience and practice to reach that level of Nusrat Khan Sahab.

advil thumbnail

His Jiya dhadak dhadak jaye is just fabulous. One of the greatest songs in recent times.

Edited by adi_0112 - 17 years ago