Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wite_rainbow thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
the song "naina" from omkara is sung by him...i just love the lyrics and his voice does wonders also!
Qwest da if you can find the song add the link to the song...its a must hear for RFAK fans!
Qwest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/artist/Rahat_Fateh_Ali_K han.html
Hindi - Singers - RAHAT FATEH ALI KHAN
Songs in archive: 10
SORT BY: Album Song
</></>

Paap

Album: Dance And Romance With John
Album: Flash Back - Mahesh Bhatt
Album: Jiya Dhadak Dhadak - Top 12
Album: Jiya Dhadak Dhadak - Top 12
Album: Kalyug
Album: Kalyug
Album: Musicafe - Just Fall In Love
Album: Musicafe - Just Fall In Love
Album: Omkara
Album: Passion Mix
SORT BY: Album Song
</></>
</>
Edited by Qwest - 17 years ago
Qwest thumbnail
Song Title Naina Thag Lenge
Movie Omkara
Movie Director Vishal Bharadwaj
Music Director Vishal Bharadwaj
Singers RAHAT FATEH ALI KHAN

Lyrics

nainon ki mat maaniyo re
nainon ki mat suniyo
nainon ki mat maaniyo re
nainon ki mat suniyo
nainon ki mat suniyo re
naina thag lenge - 2 thag lenge naina thag lenge
naina thag lenge thag lenge naina thag lenge
jagte jaadu phukenge re jagte jagte jaadu
jagte jaadu phukenge re neenden banjar kar denge
naina thag lenge thag lenge naina thag lenge
nainon ki mat maaniyo re

bhala manda dekhe na paraya na saga re
nainon ko toh dasne ka chaska laga re
bhala manda dekhe na paraya na saga re
nainon ko toh dasne ka chaska laga re
nainon ka zehar nasheela re - 4
baadalon mein satrangiyan bonve
bhor talak barsaave
baadalon mein satrangiyan bonve
naina baanvra kar denge
naina thag lenge thag lenge naina thag lenge -2

naina raat ko chalte chalte swargan mein le jaave
megh malhaar ke sapne dije hariyali dikhlave
naina raat ko chalte chalte swargan mein le jaave
megh malhaar ke sapne dije hariyali dikhlave
nainon ki zubaan pe bharosa nahi aata
likhad parakh na rasid na khaata
nainon ki zubaan pe bharosa nahi aata
likhad parakh na rasid na khaata
saari baat hamari - 2
bin baadal barsaaye saawan saawan bin barsaata
bin baadal barsaaye saawan naina baanwara kar denge
nainon ki mat maaniyo re
nainon ki mat suniyo
nainon ki mat suniyo re
naina thag lenge
jagte jaadu phukenge re jagte jagte jaadu
jagte jaadu phukenge re neenden banjar kar denge
naina thag lenge thag lenge naina thag lenge -2
naina

wite_rainbow thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thx qwest da...this is one of my favourite songs by him
Qwest thumbnail
For music RANA SIDDIQUI
Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan on his journey to the hearts of his fans.
I would bunk classes on the pretext of practice
PHOTO: V. SUDERSHAN

WELL-LOVED Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.
'I am like a beloved child in Pakistan. I get stones thrown at me when I sing in films, but am hugged and blessed when I render sufiana qawwali. So, I am punished and forgiven according to what I sing,' says Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, the nephew of famed Pakistani sufiana qawwal, the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. This 34-year-old singer, who prefers to be known as a sufiana qawwal, had the whole of India swinging to his "Lagi tumse lagi lagan" in Pooja Bhatt's film "Paap". The song also marked his entry in Hindi film singing. His melody continued to mesmerise all with "Tuje dekh dekh sona", from "Kalyug", "Naina thag lenge" from "Omkara" and more. First song Such is his love for Hindi film music that it seems symbolic that the first song he played on his keyboard at the age of 16 was "Main teri dushman" from "Nagina". "That was my first step to success," Khan recalls nostalgically. A soft-spoken Khan, who recently performed at New Delhi's Shri Ram Centre — courtesy Routes to Root, an NGO dedicated to fostering India-Pakistan ties through literary and cultural events, the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the Indian Women's Press Corps — loves to talk about his school and college days, his uncle (taya) Nusrat, and how he would bunk classes for the love of music. "When I was seven, I developed a penchant for music. I told my parents I wouldn't go to school but learn music under uncle's guidance. My father wasn't that keen. He ordered me to finish college first. In school, I learnt to win over students by teaching them the tabla. I became a member of the 'tarana party' and would escape classes on the pretext of practice!" Khan says mischievously. Great moment It was in 1985 that his uncle took him to England for a concert and made him sit on the dais to learn to perform. "I was in class five then. When Khan saab stopped for breath in between, I picked up the 'turn'. Khan saab was amazed. He hugged me after the concert and told my father, 'he is ready to take our legacy further'. That was the happiest moment of my life. By the time I reached class 12, I had started singing very well. I would look for excuses to run away from college. My abba said, 'Lagta hai ab ye nahin padega'." He was right. Khan took to music full-time after that. "In our khandan, singing came from the Dagar family. We boast 900 people carrying on the sufiana qawwali legacy in the emperor Mohammad Ghaznawi's court. Our's was called 'Qawwal bachchon ka gharana'. Today when we are able to touch the actual sufiana sur, tears come out. Unfortunately, today no one renders real sufiana kalam. There are no listeners either. Ameer Khusrau's actual bandish, sama and rasam, etc. have never been rendered. That is in Persian and hardly two lakh people in Pakistan understand Persian. It has been abolished from schools too," regrets Khan.

But Khan has taken the responsibility of singing these and promises to come out with an album within two years. For now, he has a few Hindi films in hand, including an item song! The item song "Tere ishq me ranjha" is from Sanjay Gupta's film "Woodstock Villa". Anand Raj Anand has scored the music. Yashraj Films' "Jhoom Barabar", a sad song for "Namaste London" and a romantic one for Sanjay Chauhan's "Lahore", are others in his kitty.

Sur_Sangam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot Qwest bhai for this wonderful thread 👏
Qwest thumbnail

Rahat Fateh Ali to perform in India

ISLAMABAD: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, the nephew of music legend Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, has reached New Delhi, where he will perform in a concert. "I am glad that I will be performing to the audience that understands classical music," Rahat told reporters at a press conference in New Delhi. Considered one of the foremost among the exponents of 'Khayal Gayaki', both in India and Pakistan, Rahat is credited with preserving and developing the musical legacy of his great uncle.

The concert is being organised by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in association with the Indian Women's Press Corps (IWPC). Speaking about the event Pawan Verma, the ICCR director general, said, "Rahat is a great artist and the kind of music that he is heir to is very important for the subcontinent." Talking about the relations between the two countries, Rahat said, "The people of India and Pakistan should not concentrate on what separates them, rather they should think more about what is common among them and try to strengthen it." app

*dolly* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Title : Mann Ki Lagan - Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
Singer : Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
Album : A Night In Bombay

http://www.savefile.com/files/454313

Edited by Chalavanth - 17 years ago
*dolly* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

"Only God can make these criminals understand"

PTI / The Hindu - New Delhi, India
Friday, March 23, 2007

Filling into the shoes of a maestro like Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is no mean task, but this modest young man from Pakistan is not only continuing the legacy of the legendary Sufi singer with absolute elan, he has carved a niche for himself in the global music scene as well.

Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, nephew of Nusrat Fateh Ali took up the charge of his uncle's Qawwali troupe in 1997 after his untimely demise. Since then he has not looked back.

While his Sufi renditions have left audiences spellbound world wide, his recent forays into Bollywood have resulted in many blockbuster songs.

"Recently I have sung for Himesh Reshammiya in the film 'Namaste London'. It was a very nice experience working with him," he says about his recent Bollywood venture.
"I have also recorded two songs for two upcoming films of Sanjay Gupta. The music in these films is by Anu Malik and Anand Raj Anand," he says.

On his experience in the Indian film industry so far, he says, "Its been a superb experience. Its a good platform for singers like us".

Being from the Sufi tradition of music, the 33-year-old feels the young generation has a huge responsibility to conserve these ancient musical genres.
"At times we tend to be too westernised. The youth should not forget their roots and help in conserving these traditional musical forms such as sufi music," he says.

Despite all the western influences in Indian music, Sufi music continues to rule, feels the scion of noted Qawwal Farrukh Fateh Ali Khan.
"In all the new music done here, Sufi touch is being used. It was popular among the people and will continue to be so," Rahat says.

Reacting to the recent violence in the Samjhauta Express, he says, "Through music we have always tried to spread the message of love and friendship. But probably only God can make these criminals understand".
Edited by *dolly* - 17 years ago
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan spellbinds again
By MIO Team
Mar 26, 2007, 21:02

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, nephew of noted Qawwal Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan has success kissing his feet for everything he does. He is continuing the legacy left behind by legendary Sufi singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan with aplomb. He has also made a position in the global music scene and needless to say Bollywood can't get enough of this man. He has mesmerized one and all with his Sufi renditions and continues to spell the Bollywood audience with remarkable chartbusters. After 'Lagi Tumse Man Ki Lagan' (Paap), 'Jiya Dhadak Dhadak' (Kalyug) and 'Naina Thag Lenge' (Omkara) for which he has received tremendous appreciation, he once again stirs melody in our ears with 'Main Jahan Rahoo' from 'Namastey London'. Cherishing working with Himesh Reshammiya for the film he said that it was a nice experience. Apart from this he has also recorded two songs for two upcoming films of Sanjay Gupta with music by Anu Malik and Anand Raj Anand.

About singing in Bollywood, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan says, "Its been a superb experience. It's a good platform for singers like us. In all the new music done here, Sufi touch is being used. It was popular among the people and will continue to be so. I love the country and the people here. There is so much talent in India. We have grown up listening to Lataji and Ashaji. Among the new breed Sonu Nigam is excellent. Westerners are also very good people and they know their music. I enjoyed working in Apocalypto."