Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Qwest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: GUARDIAN ANGEL

'

I can't listen😭 It says that they have detected that I am outside of the US? Is Rahat Fateh Ali Khan son of the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan? The song Himani sang Jiya Dhadhak Dhadhak Jaye was sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, right?

late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was his uncle.

Here is link for you for few other of his song.

link for Jiya Dhadhak Dhadhak Jaye

http://www.dishant.com/mailsong/30343.html

Guardian Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Qwest

Thank you!!πŸ˜›

Edited by GUARDIAN ANGEL - 17 years ago
Guardian Angel thumbnail
From which movie is Maan Ki Laagan??? Anyone knows? Perhaps I can listen on the Dishant website if I know the name of the movie. Thankoooooooo πŸ‘
*dolly* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: GUARDIAN ANGEL

From which movie is Maan Ki Laagan??? Anyone knows? Perhaps I can listen on the Dishant website if I know the name of the movie. Thankoooooooo πŸ‘

it is from the movie paap

i think u can listen to this song here

http://play.rhapsody.com/album/paap/mannkilagan?pageid=rotw. autoplay-control-module&pageregion=A1#

*dolly* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Online edition of India's National Newspaper
Thursday, Mar 02, 2006

A heart for him

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's short but sonorous appearance in the Capital left an imprint, says RANA SIDDIQUI

It is an honour to be attached to my uncle's name

A HUMBLE SOUL Rahat Fateh Ali Khan greeting the audience before performing at Amity International Business School
He arrived as a whiff of fresh air on the Indian film music scene. He stole many a heart in India with his debut song in Pooja Bhatt's Paap, "Laagi Tumse Laagi Lagan", and recently with "Tujhe Dekh Dekh Sona" in Mahesh Bhatt's Kalyug. Nephew of legendary Sufi singer from Pakistan, the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan kept to his reputation of an able singer at Amity International Business School in Noida, where he performed before a packed audience. The occasion was the eighth International Business Horizon - INBUSH - 2006 by Amity that provides a platform for international corporate leaders to join hands with their Indian counterparts to facilitate making managers for the future. Basically a qawwal with high standards of training in classical vocal and Sufiana music, Khan admits that the kind of admiration he receives in India was unexpected. Khan, who speaks in an unbelievably low voice, almost inaudible, which surprises one when he sings in his enviably high pitch, says, "The singers from both India and Pakistan can become a great bridge to sort out the differences between the two countries. Indian films should be screened in Pakistan and vice-versa. Despite restrictions, everywhere we go in Pakistan, we hear Hindi film songs." Bond works He admits that being the nephew of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan has brought him much mileage and honour in both the countries. "It's a great honour to be attached to his name. I have learnt a lot from him as I grew up listening to him and being with him. A connection with him gives me all the more responsibility because he is no more. I have to live up to his reputation too." The singer though doesn't like the comparison that Indian singers are not appreciated in Pakistan the way their coutnerparts are in India. "You are mistaken that Indian singers do not get as much mileage there as we get in India. Wahan to sab Hindustani gaane hi chalte hain," he asserts. The singer then mesmerises the audience of all ages by beginning with "Laagi Tumse Laagi Lagan" to thunderous applause. He often launches into sargams, taking the song to the level of qawwali, turning it into a Sufiana kalam and then concluding it with the way he has sung in Paap.

After singing several of his own compositions, the versatile singer closes the evening with "Tujhe Dekh Dekh" on popular demand, to a standing ovation.

Edited by dolly - 17 years ago
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
dear u cant say hi over here....
Guardian Angel thumbnail

Thankoooooooo very much.πŸ‘

Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks Bobda for the links. Had missed them out somehow. Also thanks for the info on the relation between Nusrat and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. I had no idea about it.

advil thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Oh Nusrat Fateh Ali was his uncle? I did not know this part.....but his Jiya dhadhak dhadhak...is absolutely....great !!! Thanks dada....