Kartik Sabharwal sacked from Rakhi - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Kartik Sabharwal sacked from Rakhi

Kartik Sabharwal who plays the character of Prince in the show is said to have been sacked from the show. But as usual the person in question has quite a different story to tell. He says he wasn't sacked but decided to quit himself.
"I decide to quit the show as I was not ready to play a father in the show. One day they suddenly came and told me that we want to take a leap and you will play a father now. It was not pre decided that we will have leap. But nowadays it is a trend to have a kid in your show. It will be a hit so here in this show too they are planning to concentrate the story on kids," explains Kartik.
"It is not like that I will not play father in future but there should be some sense to it. There was nothing left in my character to do…everyday I used to say the same old lines like main tumhe kitna chahta hoon and all. I was bored of doing all that! They were paying me well and the contract was nice. They have in fact renewed the contract and even tried to convince me but mera mann nahi kiya. So now they have got my replacement for this role and are shooting with new person. I shot with them last week for my last sequence."

But despite being off from work, Kartik hasn't been having a good time. He recently broke his right hand.

"I went to Delhi where I fell down. Now my right hand is broken and I am still recovering. I gave my last shot with a broken hand only. I am learning how to things with my left hand. I have gained a few kilos so now I want to get back in a shape," informs the actor.

Kartik's character from Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan might also make comeback but Kartik says he is not interested. Kartik is also writing a script and wants to produce a documentary.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081203_20

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Wednesday, December 03, 2008