Posted: 10 months ago

Originally posted by: dreamxr

OMG I READ THIS ON WATTPAD BUT GONNA LEAVE A REPLY HERE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU 😭

Hiiiii bestieee 💖 I love you too 🥰❤️🥀

Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Zoya

I shampooed my hair for the third time making sure the smell of pure death had left it.

Still, I was grateful for the dumpster to exist. If not for it, we would have lost the one clue we had. Although now the question was what do we do with it?

I had placed the torn piece of shirt in a Ziploc plastic bag. We didn't want to risk washing it as it would compromise our evidence. We would just have to deal with the odor for now.

I'd wanted Jahapanah to rest a little and let himself sleep but the man simply refused.

That stubborn brat!

Tiptoeing back to his room, I pushed the door as gently as I could and closed it behind me.

It was quite dark; the only light shining from the bright night moon.

It was when I walked towards his bed, I found him fast asleep. His perfect cupid's bow slightly open, as he lightly snored.

I snickered. He was the cutest thing. Especially when he wasn't wide awake and breathing fire on everyone around him.

My eyes traced the dark circles that had formed under his and I wondered why anyone would want to hurt him. And his family.

He was resilient, brave, smart, and kind; some parts of which he showed and some he didn't.

It reminded me of a story phuphi had told me about him.

"'He was about ten years old when his Abbu had left us for good. Helpless, Loveless and Moneyless. I didn't have a grand education to my name so I did what I knew I could. Sewing was something I always enjoyed, so I turned it into my profession.

Her eyes had misted as she reminisced some more. 'I saw him one day hiding behind the door secretly watching me. When I told him to come in, he sat by my side without a word. The next day...' She held my hand as she recited the memory in sad wonder 'The next day he had found his own needle and thread and sat with me helping, learning and sewing. Ammi aapke hath dukh jayenge, main karunga, he would say'"

I never could have thought he was capable of such love and care. No, it wasn't his fault that he became steel. Refusing to feel. Renouncing intimacy.

I hated...hated his father. What he put that child through for the sake of his own selfishness was unforgivable. I liked to think I was a forgiving person but, in this case, I understood every bit of anger in his soul.

Yes, I was here to get answers from my father but deep down I knew, I hated him too. The realities of our lives would never change.

We were abandoned children. Abandoned by weak men. Marshalled by great women.

How had I never realized that he and I were so alike?

After racking my brain for a successful solution all night, my brain had finally given birth to a good idea. Scratch that, an amazing idea!

I had located sorts of a logo on the part that had ripped off. So naturally I was going to hack into one of the image-match softwares and get this plan going.

Such were the instincts of a computer engineer.

Mr. Khan had taken the route of going to the police. Shockingly. It was a friend of some friend who knew another friend that could guarantee an officer who was trustworthy.

I was finding it more difficult to believe that he had friends. Plural.

Nonetheless, we needed to get the shirt to a lab; and for that we needed someone involved with the law. The DNA match would end all quests.

I grudgingly understood his point of view. My anxiety had been shooting through the roof these days.

I wouldn't tell him, but I slept by his bed last night, waking up just in the nick of time to get away. I was paranoid something might happen, and I would be two seconds too late.

Repeatedly and obsessively, I checked on Phuphi, Najma and him through the entire night. Taking turns one by one, like I was stuck in a loop.

"You know I can hack into the system; all we need is to get this into the lab. I don't think we should get the police more involved than we already have."

"Hacking federal database is no joke Ms. Farooqui. We have enough trouble as is, we don't need more" He scolded me like a school teacher.

Fine! I get the point. Boring-by the book-sometimes right Jahapanah.

"Are you sure you can trust this man?"

"Yes" he simply said, not clarifying anymore.

I rolled my eyes at him. He looked at me unblinking.

"Don't try anything Zoya. I am serious."

His voice was so demanding, how could I not?

"Let's wait and see what they come up with first and then we can make decisions"

"Fine" I heard his teeth snap.

Does he not know me? Did he think I would back down?

His computer beeped. I ran to the green couch where it was placed and desperately looked for results.

"Do you care to explain what you are upto?" Asad asked grave.

"Chill Mr. Khan, how can I hack into federal database without lab results. I have no contents to match it with. I am just hacking into a normal software company."

"WHAT?"

"It's okay" I rushed to reassure him, the nerve in his head was dancing "I have done it a million times"

Oops! That was the wrong thing to say.

"Look I am experienced in this alright, they teach us this in school"

"They teach you to pry on people's privacy"

His tone got the best of me, and I mirrored the harshness.

"No. They. Don't. Teach. Us. Invading. Privacy" I enunciated like I was talking to a two-year-old. Which he was being.

"Look I'm doing this for the best. Can you step off your judgement panel for one second"

Something in my stance must have clicked, because I saw his posture relaxing momentarily.

"They will and can use everything against us if this thing blows up, so we have to be carefu..."

"My IP address is untraceable." I cut him off to shut him up.

I saw the anger bubble beneath the surface, but I didn't care. We didn't have time. More so, it was insulting to think that he didn't see I was obviously covering our tracks.

"Oh my God"

"What? What is it?" Asad threw the covers aside with his good arm and rushed towards me.

"Phoenix Security" we both said in unison as the software completed the search to a 100% and showed us the completed logo.

He looked down on me with hopeful eyes.

Our first lead.

"You think you can hack Phoenix Security's website?" he asked sincere.

"It's a security website so the walls are going to be built up high" he cocked his head to the side confused "the computer firewalls" he nodded "But I think if we try hard enough, I can."

"I mean if you put in the same energy, you did making me say sorry once with your magical app, we should fare okay" I turned ready to give him a piece of mind but instantly became a puddle of mush when I realized he was teasing me.

The faint smile didn't leave the corners of his lips as he moved back to the bed.

I ignored my ignited heart and got back to task at hand.

"Miss Faaroqui" His voice was so tender, my heart picked up in double time.

"Do what it is you need to do, whatever is required of me to protect us, I will follow through. You won't be in any heat because of all this."

"Phuphi means as much to me as she does to you. You might find it hard to believe given our history" I gestured the space between me and him "But I love her. I'm not worried about catching any heat. If anyone should be worried, it should be the enemy."

I tried to read the expression in his eyes as I monologued, but I hit a wall.

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hi there!

Wow I know I'm late again but I really wanted to make time to read this the moment I saw that's it's a pm from you!

Thanks a lot for coming up with a new ff! Your writing is such a treat, truly! I have been a little inactive here and need to catch up on other stories too but so glad to come across this one!

I am loving the new plot twist and the changing PoVs! It's a lovely experiment you're doing with your writing because it makes the reading experience really fun and refreshing!

I think the plot of Qubool hai had many interesting tracks and I always hated it when they would ruin a promising storyline. I'm so glad you picked this one and added a new twist to it with Asad being the one to be injured. While it sucks to picture Mr. Khan lying unconscious on the bed, I'm glad it gave him some time to think, understand what the truth was, see the hypocrite inside him, come to terms with reality of his feelings towards his Ms. Farooqui and most importantly, it predominantly brought out the brave and fierce side of Zoya, who didn't think for a second before risking her life for the sake of his family, and "him", that he almost always missed or misinterpreted. If it wasn't for his ammi , he would have still acted impulsively and taken out all his anger on Zoya without thinking, but I'm glad he didn't get that opportunity! Instead, he finally had it in him to acknowledge how judgemental he is when it comes to Zoya.

One thing I really loved when reading through PoVs is that both Asad and Zoya are acknowledging the changing dynamics in their relationship. Honestly, so much had happened and after the Mangalpur incident, I couldn't wrap mh head around how both of them were shown being very nonchalant about it, until they had their bhang induced confessions. Perhaps they weren't but I missed those monologues in show. We got some for Asad but Zoya's weren't so evident. Thanks for adding those! I love how it adds more meaning to their feelings towards each other.

Who can beat them when they team up on a mission! They are such a Bond pair! I had enjoyed the investigation track in the show so much, I actually wanted to see them play detectives sometime! Such a hot and fiesty couple they'd make! I don't blame them for having their biological brains kicking in occasionally! Hopefully they do something about it too the next time it does haha!

Super excited to read what's coming next! Please update soon! I am going to be following this one quite religiously haha!..

As always brilliant writing! You touch upon the smallest of moments, ones that seem small but are quite crucial in the chemistry! Says so much about how well you understand Asad and Zoya! Loveeeee the finer details you capture in the writing!

Can't wait to read next! Updatee soonest!

Edited by Wandering_mind - 10 months ago
Vintage_flow thumbnail

I so look forward to your amazing amazing feedback every single time 💕 YOU MAKE MY WHOLE DAY!!

This track had so much potential but they ruined Asads character with violence, it will never sit right with me. The Asad and Zoya I write about never went through that abusive episode in my head. Cause nothing pardons that behaviour and no love can be created there.

I’m really enjoying writing a lil differently this time with changing POVs too, though I kept forgetting and had to go back and correct it LOL. The autopilot is set on third person writing.

I dont know how it would unfold honestly and hope I can give you updates without too much in between ( it wont be a year in between this time I promise haha)

Hope we could have gotten a more realistic version of Asya without catty drama on tv too.

Will post next chapter soon 💕

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Asad

“Seriously, Mr. Khan, can you be any louder?”

I looked at her annoyed face puzzled. I was just...breathing. Not talking, working, eating, just simply existing as instructed by the doctor.

“Aap thik hain?” Maybe all the stress got to her head.

I saw her taking a long deep breath “Yeah, I’m fine, it’s just, I’m having a hard time cracking this site. I don’t know what command they have used here. What kind of secret CIA agendas are they running for this sort of protection?!”

“If you would like, I can get someone to help out, maybe it could help solve our problem” I offered.

Now, I was being genuine, little did I know, I’d hit the nerve.

“Oh really?! You think I can’t do this. That I’m not good enough to complete this one simple, stupid task. Huh, is that what you think?”

She was standing now. Pacing the room, running fingers through her hair, fuming.

“I didn’t say that.” I replied genuinely confused by her response.

It’s definitely got to her head. At this point, we’d need another trip to the hospital. I would go into the physio ward, and she would go into the psych ward.

Great!

“Par kehna toh chahte the na aap. Socha na aapne. Why else would you offer help?”

“Because we are a team?” My face was now frozen in bewilderment.

“Jhooth, agar aap mere teammate hote... well isi baat pae arz kiya hai”

“Allah” my lips escaped.

“Ban na sakenge aap kabhi shayar,

Ban na sakenge aap kabhi shayar,

Kyunki kya hai na,

Liar liar pants on fire.”

Whoof! That was a new low, even for her.

I gazed on boggled as she continued the rant in a world of her own, I was baffled by how quick she distracted herself.

"Haan toh main keh rahi thi, you wouldn’t have doubted my abilities and offered to replace me if you weren't lying. Fine! Main bhi ab code crack karke dikhaungi. It’s a bet and if I win, you better do whatever I say.”

Before a word could leave my lips, she left the room mumbling.

My hands found the familiar place on my forehead.

I knew she was having a hard time with the security ‘firewall’. It was built better than ever apparently. And why not, it was one of the leading companies supplying guards and their services. Maybe her getting the heat out was for the best.

We had shortlisted all the firms I knew, that used the security company and then tracked down their employees. We’d been successful in eliminating most of them and were now down to just four candidates.

To gain more information on them, we needed access to their inside information; their names, addresses, biodata all of it.

It was middle of the night and my room was half pizza by now. I could see her being diligent about not creating a mess in my room though.

I thought it was cute; the careful crunch on the bag of chips, extra boxes of tissue, and the unhealthy soda placed carefully so as not to let it spill. It didn’t rule out the fact that her eating habits were questionable.

I got up and followed her to wherever she had run to vent out.

“Coffee?” Her figure taken aback by my presence; her gaze was unreadable.

“Why are you making coffee? Mr. Khan, you need to rest. You haven’t healed one bit yet.”

Your concern for me just cured me.

I cleared my throat and offered, “If I don’t make use of my body, I'll grow rust on it.”

She averted her eyes away. What I would give to know what was going inside her brain.

“Shukriya”

“You’re welcome”

Silence grew between us as she sipped on her milky coffee looking out into the backyard. The fairy lights were still up on a tree nearby since the new year. They faded in and out. I concentrated on them as I gathered the courage to speak. Fading in and out.

“Thank you” Zoya looked at my figure sitting beside her. I looked at her trying to find better words. How do you thank someone for everyt... “For everything” my lips completed of their own accord.

Her big brown eyes had become even bigger. A sigh escaped my body, seeing how much confidence she put in me. She didn’t even trust me to thank her for saving my life. It made me want to say more.

“When you brought Miriam back, I was upset for obvious reasons. I didn’t want any harm to my family. But I understand your point of view. You weren’t wrong, it is just a terrible situation.” She blinked slowly at me, ready to pass out at any given moment.

“You don’t have to be this dramatic, Ms. Farooqui”

“Oh, I absolutely have to be Jahapanah”

I rolled my eyes at her. Drama queen!

“Can I ask you something, Mr. Khan?”

I nodded for her to go ahead.

“How do you do it?”

“Do what?”

“Be such a strong pillar of strength” The hint of confusion left my face. “I would be very whiny if I were you right now” She brought a smile on.

I pursed my lips, measuring my words “You are whiny as is Ms. Farooqui, it’s hard to imagine a whinier version”

She narrowed her eyes at me; I continued “Maybe you shouldn’t do what you did, again. Only because I don’t think I’d be able to take a more complaining you.”

Her eyes relaxed, I cursed myself for not being able to keep the concern for her out of my voice. She was helping me in a very dangerous investigation, and I hoped to keep her out of trouble.

“Maybe you should be a little more whiny. I think your feedback would be appreciated by your family. It’s important to uncover your wounds, that’s how they heal.”

We both knew what and who she was talking about and for the first time it didn’t make me angry. She left a thoughtful me behind on the bench.

Asad miyan, you have changed. Ugh, shut up brain!

She cracked her fingers and got to work. Typing so fast, I could hardly keep track. She refused to go to bed without getting into the site. I had suggested she sleep it off but since when did Miss New York listen to reason.

“The coffee woke me up” was her brief response. How did caffeine even do its job with so much milk and sugar involved I could never decipher.

“Okay so we are going to take a different approach. We can’t get through their security firewall but because this company is so huge, often employees come through recruiters. Maybe I can get into the recruiting company's site. Now we just have to find out what...”

“Skyreach” I said

“Jee?”

“Skyreach recruiters is the one that places them. A security guard from Phoenix came through that company once in our firm.”

“You had security guards by Phoenix in your firm?” she asked incredulously.

“They are a popular company” I answered. What was with the big brown eyes again.

“Allah Miyan, what’s wrong with you Mr. Khan? That is such a crucial piece of information, how could you not tell me.”

“Because there was nothing to tell. I had no fall outs with anyone that worked.”

“It is not important that you had a fall out” She was up on her feet now, hands in air as she aggressively explained “People are prone to jealousy, they have secret vendettas. You are a good-looking guy, maybe someone had a crush on you, and you ignored them like you ignore everybody and now they want to take revenge.”

I tried to suppress the grin that was forming, “I think that you are majorly overthinking this."

“Well, I think you are majorly underthinking this.” Her hands found the side of her hips as I grew more interested in the 'crush' angle of her thought process.

“Look, if I thought it was that serious, I would have said something. Trust me. There is no one important enough for us to consider. The person was employed by Phoenix Security, yes, but I had known them prior. He worked for me and my old boss. He is not the one we're looking for. I didn't mention anything because I didn't want you to freak out.”

“Oh my God, Mr. Khan! We are partners in this. There is no detail too small to hide. The fact that you knew them before they came to work for you is another worrisome detail. I'm ok with the fact that you trust them. But I want to run a background check on anything that comes into our radius. How hard is that for you to understand?” Her face was red now and I felt bad for raising her blood pressure.

I couldn't be upset at her, even if I wanted to. Her concern for me and Ammi came from a place of well...care. And that is not something you can hold against somebody. Even as I realized now that I had done that in the past to her.

Crazy how much of a difference couple days can make to one's mind and heart.

As much as I hated to admit it, I loved when she cared for me like this. I loved when she got all passionate about the details.

“Ok, I'll give you his name and number. You can run your check on him. But start with Skyreach. That is the priority right now.” I said to put her mind to ease. She visibly relaxed.

Genius. I heard her mutter under her breath.

“And don't you forget about our bet?” she threw my way loud enough.

“Our bet” I asked confusedly.

“Yeah, didn't I say if I figure this out, you have to do whatever I ask of you?” She said, as a matter of fact.

“Are you kidding me right now? Is this the time to play games?” She was such a child.

“Well, it's a time to conceal facts from each other, so why not to play games?”

I rolled my eyes at her. She was impossible to deal with sometimes. I settled onto the sofa as she clicked some more.

So, Zoya Faaroqui thought I was a good-looking guy...

fatima30 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

I love this! I need more….

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Thanks love, I'll try to update but my schedule is crazy and I have hit the good old writers block :(

fatima30 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Don’t worry we will wait patiently xx

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 months ago

Hey there!

Plz update this one ! Waiting to read next!

Vintage_flow thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Prob feb week 1 I’ll have next chapter. Have a rest day coming up!!! Wohooo