Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Heya peeps...I am back...n heavily jet lagged...😆

Wow it seems so so so long😲😛... From the last comment that I posted...Boy...5 weeks felt like 5 months...but here I am...n even though I am not happy bein back in Canada 🤢(which I never am cos I never wanna leave India) I am psyched to be back on the forum and catch up with u guys...ur stories..ur comments and my pending updates for my stories.I just cant wait to get back my sleep and my senses and start writing😆...so I will be back with my updates starting next week...i.e 24th feb onwards...until then stay tuned...coz Me hasn't forgotten u...n I shall be back..to hopefully make u happy with my stories..once again...very soon..until then...work on ur bucket list...cos the day u put a check besides one of the things on that list..the feeling is beyond compare...❤️

Laters...😛

Edited by starslinedup - 10 years ago
kals82 thumbnail
hi, nice to know that u r back...

welcome back...

but as u said... home is home...
ankitabaran thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing updates and different too from others stories...i would like to read more...😛
Plz update soon and pm me.
I have sent you buddy request.
Thanks.😊
Alone111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Uuuff finally u r bck... Update soon..
rajnid68 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
WELCOME BACK..
hope you had an awesome time..
waiting for your updates...
akaswan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yippie you are going to update today i'm already looking forward for the update i really missed this story 🤗
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail

Well hello there..all u wonderful Peeps❤️😉...Guess what I have here for u guys..😉 an update...🥳 after ages😆

Here you go peeps!!!

Ch4

Warring opposites..

"When summer is over, winter becomes sad too, because opposites often admire each other secretly!"
Mehmet Murat ildan

She stood in the corner, refraining herself from being a part of the group, that was so blatantly gawking at their new boss. The ooh's and the aah's that followed with everything he had to say, made Zoya almost wanting to rip somebody's head off. Hell he was a charmer and in a matter of 10 minutes he had flipped her company and her staff in his favor. She couldn't stand it, how the demeanor of each and every female, from her youngest intern to her oldest staff member, had changed, and how they were acting like bunch of crazed teenage girls, ogling unashamed at that devil of a man.She needed to get out of here, get a smoke and rid her mind out of his thoughts, his images, his touch, his hard masculine lips, the warmth of his embrace, the fire of his being...OH JUST SHUT UP...she said almost aloud...getting enraged by the primitiveness of her mind and how it was wanting to twist every though of her to accommodate that scoundrel...

Suddenly a voice interrupted her thoughts..and she turned...only to find a good looking tall..lanky wavy haired guy standing in front of her.

Ayaan-I know what you're thinking sweet heart...He seems to have that effect on everyone...not just girls...but everyone...Well what can he do..he was just born with it...and his physicality...Oh what should I tell you about his physicality...it's a killer now isn't it...n wouldn't you just kill to get one chance at ravaging his form,feeling every dent...every ripple...every flex?? He laughed...

Zoya just stared at him...appaled at what she was hearing..and who the hell was this..Ass****e..

Zoya-Shut the F**K up..n who the F**K are you...and how ...

Ayaan-I know I know...how dare I talk to you as such..and blah blah blah..sweetheart...save yourself the trouble...I've had a lot...n I mean a lot of girls...tell the very exact lines that you're gargling in your mouth to spit out...and let me get this clear..on our very first meet..that I aint interested...I am just forewarning you...about the powerhouse of sexuality...that is Mr Asad Ahmed Khan..You know just to save you the trouble of a heartache...he winked...his nonchalant...attitude...just adding fuel to Zoya's angry fire..

Zoya-And might I know the name of this learned man that I am blessed to be getting cosmic advice from...she acted all coy...gritting her teeth and holding herself back..from actually ripping his head off...

Ayaan-Bande ka naam...Ayaan Ahmed Khan hai...he took a customary bow down...exgarrating his introduction. I am..your beloved eye candy's cousin/PA, and if you so choose to then..your future...well I can be anything for you sweetheart...he winked again...erupting with laughter on accord to his own not so funny joke...

Zoya-ARGGGHHH...can this day get any more...out of hand... She cursed to herself...F**K...F**K...F**K...Arrrggghhh...I am so going to kill someone...she turned around her hands curled into fists...her..teeth...clenching even harded...trying to find her target.

Ayaan seemed nowhere close to deterred...He seemed to be eyeing her...intently...the veil of candind flirtations..coming off for a split second..to see a flicker of another emotion...Quiet...calculation...and speculation...He was observing everything about her...but not out of personal interest...but out of..soemthing else...

Zoya turned around..and the veil went back up...his smile coming back to his lips..the twinkle in his eyes..eyeing the red in Zoya's

Ayaan-Sweetheart...don't be so keen on killing...it aint an art..one should take so..loosely... his words had duality...but that went unheard by Zoya...

She couldnt take this anymore..she had to get out..and she knew...she shouldn't say anything today...as nothing was going her way...So she turned around...and walked away..but not before flicking her finger...to Ayaan...who just laughed...

~~

Ayaan-Sup bro...how goes it...he bend in for a cool hand shake and hug...neither of which Asad reciprocated to...

Asad-How are you Ayaan..you are late. He said...without any emotion..like the perfect professional.

Ayaan-Comeone bro chill...wats the big deal...after all m the bro of the boss...why should I be worried bout time huh...he acted all cool...but nothing went through Asad

Asad-Because I am paying you, and had my mom not insisted, I would have never given you the chance..So let me give you your first and final warning...I don't do late, or lazy...If you want to work with me..then better get your act together, cos if you don't..I'll fire you..despite the reason of you being here, DO you understand??

Ayaan-I I sir...she stood at attention..and saluted Asad..his face devoid of emotions other than his wicked eyes.

Asad just shook his head..and started walking away, Ayaan following behind.Already he had wasted enough time interacting with the staff..Now he just wanted to get down to business and get going with the job at hand..The sooner he unveiled the truth, the better it would get.

Ayaan-Hey bro...did you see that chick in the grey suit, and that sexy ass skirt?? Gotta tell you that...she was a total bomb...I mean...she was so...uhhh he couldt find the right words...And I guess I dont need to worry about you cos she already hates you...Score Ayaan...he joked behind him..

Asad kept on walking...turning a deaf ear to Ayaan, but when he talked about the girl, he knew who he was talking about..

Asad-That's Zoya Farooqi...and she is my business partner...

Ayaan-N how can you be so sure...that its her?? It could be someone else as well...

Asad-Its her...cos she's the only one here that cant stand me...he said..least concerned...And the feeling is mutual...

Ayaan-Ooo now that's going to be interesting...the first gal..that does not give a damn about my bro...my..GQ model of a bro...n she is my other boss...O I would love to work under her anyday...he joked...

Asad-She's married...and quit with your..loose talk...you know why you're here..he remarked, opening the door to his office, that he was shown a few minutes ago.

Ayaan-Whatever...you know she aint my kind anyways...I was just...you know wat he winked...following his brother into his..lavish..ridiciously well furnished office, facing the view of downtown from the 20th Floor..

Asad took his place behind his office table and fired up his laptop. He had a lot to do in a short span of time. He had only an hour before he was to have his first meeting with his immediate team,including his business partner, the rambunctious, arrogant and ill-mannered business partner..who was just one of the most...breathtakingly appealing woman he had laid eyes on, with the fullest and the most supple lips he had kissed, and the perfect body that he had held in his arm..Everything about her just seemed to be custom made for him to have and hold..and it just felt so right to be in her proximity...

Ayaan-Bro...*snap snap snap*...where are you lost?? He snapped a few more times..finally pulling Asad out of his...arrested position.

Asad-Huh...O yeah..what..ya..where were we?? He asked...regaining his composure..and shoving aside the tides of emotions that were splashing through his mind, making him drown in uncontrolled thoughts about her...

Ayaan-Bro are you ok?? Like seriously...are you ok?? Cos I have never seen you so out of it?? Bro...everything ok at home?? Kya Najma ki...he didn't finish the sentence as he saw the instant shot of pain in his eyes... Chill bro...lets just get on with the work at hand..shall we...I have a few things...I wanted to share with you...

Asad-Why don't you just get ready with your stuff..am just going to step out to the balcony for a minute...

Ayaan-Take your time bro...

Asad nodded...standing up and making his way to the balcony

Ayaan-Actually bro, what was the name of that hot gal??Uh I mean...your busniness partner???

Asad-I guess its Zoya Farooqi...or maybe..since she is married..She might be Zoya Mirza...or Zoya Farooqi Mirza...I don't know..

Ayaan-Well then...why don't you tell me her husband's name as well...and I can add on more permutations to her names...he joked..

Asad-Rihaan Mirza...He said...walking out of the balcony..and shutting the door behind.

~~

Zoya was literally losing on all grounds. Even the weather was of no help, cos it didn't help cooling the fire inside of her. The embers of which were still burning high. Nothing seemed to be going right, and she hated this feeling of being helpless.She had been controlling everything in her life for the past 10 years..and so far everything was going the way she chose for it to go. She had successfully burned down all the bridges that led her to her past, to her old idealistic self.But somehow her past found its way back.She infact did everything in her power to erase the memories of her mothers stories and belief on love and passion and soul mates and unspoken words.She had stopped writing, she had stopped watching or reading anything romantic. She had chosen the most incorrect guys to date and indulged in the kind of lifestyle...the real Zoya would never imagine herself to be in.Infact she even chose to marry Farhan, a guy so plain and simple and pigeon holed in his vision that, he would have killed the old Zoya's unspoken dreams with his, unenthusiastic approach on love and romance.But this Zoya, today's Zoya thought her choices to be the perfect decisions that she had taken.It had made her into the girl her mom would've hated to see her become.Mission accompolished.And here she was today, crude, successful and completely devoid of any sugarcoated emotions such as love.

Then how come she still felt the pain, that only ever decided to break, when she would herself breakdown, crying in a corner of her huge room, singing herself to sleep,one of the many songs her mom used to sing for her at night.Every night the promises made to her came back,wearing their dark veils of betrayal, taunting her for her misfortune, how she was unlucky to not have her promises fulfilled. She would then fight with it all, with all the demons of her previous desires, and just like the girl hiding in the dark corner of her house, scared out of her wits, looking for her solace, crying out to be found, she would also scream out in her sleep...and wake up to nothingness. Her mom wasn't there...ever.

She took in a deep inhale of her cigarrate..as long forgotten friends, her tears somehow found their way back. She couldn't stop them, she tried but she couldn't.She hated them with all her soul, her nemesis, her physical evidence of her naked vulnerability. That's what they represented.Her faade of forged strength.

She closed her eyes, as they started to spill, thankful only for the fact, that she stood alone in her balcony on the 20th floor, and no one could see her in her moment of paralyzed weakness. That was the only thing that allowed her to let them fall.She had never cried in front of anyone, ever since the day her mom passed.And she had vowed never to, ever.

~~

Asad walked out to his balcony to be welcomed by the cool winter winds of New York. He liked it. The view was a rare luxury, and he was seeing it now.It all added to his..peace, the peace that had been rocked by the agonizing presence of that woman. She was constantly distracting him, with her presence or her mention.All he wanted was to focus on his work and be done with it. Additional baggage of unnecessary thought was not welcome in his world.And he had to be strict with himself and not allow his mind to wander off in places of idealistic day dreaming, and that too of that very girl.

He took in a few deep breaths of the fresh air around him.He hated adulteration in anything. But he couldn't escape the foul stench of smoke that seemed to have filled his lungs.

He opened his eyes.He saw her. She stood there in the adjacent balcony, leaning on to the edge of the railing.Her hand were plopped on the railing, and a ciggarate burned in one of her hands..

Asad's nostrils flared, he hated the idea of smoking, it was just not accepted. He took in a breath and clenched his fists, walking a little close to her. And just as he was about to speak out his mind, he stopped.His eyes reached up to her face, and his heart almost stopped.

Her face was smeared with a trail of tears. She had been crying. Instantaneously his heart ached and he felt like reaching out to her and holding her in his arms and giving her comfort. He felt like telling her, I understand and I am here now, so don't worry.I promise I will make it all right.

His feet moved on their own, towards her, his hands starting to reach out to her, when the silence of the moment was marred by the strike of the church bell.

Zoya's eyes snapped open, her body fully aware of his presence somehow. She instantly turned his way, and stood dead in her tracks. Her eyes met his, and her heart jumped. All went still, but her heart, It picked up pace, pumping hot molten blood through every vein in her body,making her burn.

They held their gaze,saying nothing. Something beyond words was speaking, and who were they to interrupt?? The moment stretched itself, and they stood still, lost, yet somehow almost finding something integral. Once again the strike of the church bell broke their reverie. Their eyes blinked and welcomed the awkwardness.

They looked away not knowing what to say, but say they had to..So Asad worked through it and asked.

Asad-You Ok??

Zoya-None of your business...she snapped,reacting for being caught crying. How did that happen.She had checked there was no one around. F**K she swore never to cry in front of anyone. And here she was, balling her guts out in front of HIM?? Why?

Cos that's what you always wanted...said the voice inside, her mom's voice. The voice tried to explain, but she blocked it out, squeezing her eyes shut for a second and taking in a deep breath.

And without bothering to look, she turned around and walked into her office, slamming the door behind her.

Asad-So much for being nice...he muttered, as he himself made his way back to his office.

~~

Ayaan was intent in his work, searching something of importance, when the door shut, making him jump out of his chair. He hastily banged the lid of his laptop shut. Asad rasied his eyebrow in question

Asad-What have you been upto huh?? He asked. Uninterested..

Ayaan felt uneasy, looking everywhere but him.

Asad-Did you get it done he asked...his interest peaking seeing Ayaan fidget.

Ayaan-Uh..Oh yeah...Jjjust give me a few more minutes...

Asad-What were you upto Ayaan?? And why are you so fidgety??

Ayaan-Nnnothing..nothing at all..

Asad shook his head...there was no point stretching this conversation. He had a meeting to attend in 10..

Asad-Ayaan, whats wrong with you...It just seems to me that you have some disorder in your head. I mean..Here you are with so much credibility in your pocket for the work you do, and still you haven't walked past your good for nothing ways?? Ayaan you're 27 and a professional...so act like one.No one will ever take you seriously with such an attitude.

Ayaan laughed...

Ayaan-Well that's exactly the intent bro...to slide under the radar...That's my skill...and my talent..And the very reason why you hired me bro.

Asad-No I hired you cos of my mom, your maasi. Well whatever I don't have time for this.Just collect your stuff and come by the conference room. I have a meeting in 10 and I want you to take notes.His eyes locked with his and a silent conversation was shared.Ayaan nodded in understanding, starting to collect his stuff.

~~

Everyone was seated in the very conference room where Asad and Zoya had so notoriously met.

Mr Gaffor Farooqi, Rihaan,Ayaan, Asad and Zoya. The latter of the group not seeing eye to eye.

Zoya seemed to have regained her arrogant demeanor, but her eyes gave away her battle. Asad could see straight through her, and he wasn't even trying.

Asad-So shall we get started?? He asked everyone, receiving nods.

Zoya-O ya..Mr Khan..why don't you go ahead...give us a peak at how good you really are..or if you are good at all...Afterall...we all are really looking forward to see, especially me... what the fuss is all about...So proceed...she snarled in her sugary sweet sarcasm, wanting to pinch and poke Asad a little, where it affected him the most. He was a man after all...and his ego,his pride lay only in 2 places she thought. One in his work, his achievements, and one in his pants. And all she cared about were his pants...WHAT WAIT NO...his...achievements.. she cursed herself under her breath as her mind once again took her into uncontrolled thoughts of him..

Asad-It shall be my utmost pleasure...he remarked, After all, its one out of the 2 things that I pride myself for... my work, right?...he said with a straight face..and she almost dropped her eyeballs gawking at him. Did she say that out loud?? OMFG..what the hell is going on...she felt utterly confused.

Asad seemed to have a way with keeping a straight face, cos nothing seemed to deter him from the task at hand. He continued with his presentation, the very slide he was playing when he was cornered and ravished by Zoya.

Zoya just seem to have a difficult time focusing. She was not fully out of her internal battle and, now that she was here, facing him once again, in the very room, seeing the very slides that played when she...she just couldn't come to complete her thought as she flushed red with embarrassment. Hoping no one noticed she looked down into her laptop, but nothing went past Asad's focused gaze. He knew, what was running in her head, and had he not seen her crying he would have used the moment to his advantage.But now he didn't have the heart to rile her up further.Maybe they needed a fresh start. The group seemed to be discussing the project animatedly, when Asad made his move to extend an olive branch.

Asad-What do you think of this particular point Ms. Farooqi, he asked sincerely.

Zoya looked at him.She wanted to be mean, but his sincierity with which he asked her didn't allow her to be.

Zoya-It can be considered,she said,trying to be unconvinced..Its not completely a lost cause.

Asad smiled a little, she was trying to be nonchalant.

Asad-Well I would love to hear out your suggestion. After all we are to work on this together, and your insight will definitely push things in the right direction. Maybe we can discuss this tomorrow morning, when we are well rested, with a fresh set of ideas, what do you think??

Rihaan interrupted Zoya's answer...

Rihaan-Why tomorrow, its only 5. This can be discussed right away. We all can stay in a little while longer cant we..I know Zoya wouldn't mind.

She wouldn't mind?? Thought Asad.She looked exhausted. Couldn't he see that his wife was not having the best day?? That her eyes were red and her demenour was not the same?? Hell how did he know so much about her, and why did he care...he brushed the thought out of his head and said.

Asad-Well to be honest, its been a long eventful day for all of us and I would like to have a fresh mindset when we start brainstorming on ideas..

Rihaan-Yes but this project is very important for the company...We cannot, waste time...Zoya wouldn't...

Zoya interrupted him

Zoya-Rihaan...just quit it will ya...For once MR Khan is right...its been an exhausting day...we'll start tomorrow.

Rihaan-But Zoya...

Gafoor-Rihaan listen to your wife...she is tired ... he added, to cut the argument

Rihaan-Zoya are you tired...he asked...realizing the reason behind the delay.

Zoya-Rihaan..arent you something...she shook her head... Like honestly?? You didn't notice what a day I had?? And Don't you think we need to have some time together..she whispered the last sentence...but everyone heard it.

Ayaan coughed...trying to contain his laughter.They all looked at him curious.

Ayaan-What??

Zoya-Why the ..I mean why are you laughing??

Ayaan-Well Mr Rihaan..I think your wife is right here...you should give her some time..dont you think??? Or do you have other plans? He poked...his laugh not reaching his eyes..

Rihaan-Uh...no...I mean..business is important...I wasn't thinking about anything else... he stuttered..

And Ayaan burst out laughing...

Ayaan-Chill man...I was just pulling your leg...

Gafoor-Well then that's final...lets call it a day...

He stood up and shook his hand with Asad and Ayaan...

Gafoor-It was a pleasure Asad...I'll see you next month. I am off to LA tonight.

Asad- Likewise Mr Farroqi, I hope you have a pleasant flight..He said standing up and wishing him good bye..

Gafoor-Why don't you 2 drop me at the airport a little early and you guys can have your alone time...he asked..looking at Rihaan and Zoya...

Zoya-Sure dad...she seemed happy with the possibility of getting to spend some time with her husband alone, and implement her plan of seduction..Well the days wasn't going to end bad afterall, she thought.

I hope you guys liked it...😃

FYI Ayaan was the one Asad was talking to on the phone when he was in the car on his way to work.
I have nothing specific to say as of now...If I do..I will add it on later...so far...all I have to say is..show me ur love...by ur likes n ur comments...n please dont hesitate in giving feedback...Constructive criticism is truly welcome...N once again...I do wish for u to like and comment...cos it truly decided the frequency at which I write...chalo I'll cya next week with another update for this one..until then...suggest a good read for me if you can...I can take..anything (well except gruesome graphic content) that ends on a happy note..I just cant get myself to start reading again..n I want to do that very badly..so ya suggestions are welcome
Oh and also..do let me know...how ur liking the character build up so far...wat more do u want me to potray..n any other ideas you might have...
Ciao..until laters😊
PS...I read in a few comments..or maybe 1 or 2..😕😳 that you would like to know bout my trip to India n all??😲..well if ure interested lemme know...n I'll gladly share with u my adventures😉
So cya soon ppl...hopefully I'll come back to a lot of likes and comments😛
Edited by starslinedup - 10 years ago
Surish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Word Count: 0

SovaSana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice episode
asya seem to be not able to stop themselves from thinking about each other
i am looking forward to how both of them are going to work together