-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Ramlath

Wow, really nice update...
You gave me a shock...
I though Asad was her husband...
Please update soon...

Hey thank u so very much..m glad u liked the update...πŸ˜ƒn no Asad is not the husband..but worry not...all shall be good..😊
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerose

Wow this is very interesting and different. Took me by surprise. Looking forward to read more.

Hey thank u very much for ur lovely comment...I am glad u found the update interesting..hope to keep u interested all through the story...πŸ˜ƒ
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Hello everyone...jsut wanted to drop by and tell ya that all ur comments for Ch2 have been answered from pages..61-64..so chk em out...😊
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
So before u read the chapter...just wanted to let u knw that..I have just assumed a lot of things..in regards to how businesses work..n all that jazz..so pls read it with a pinch of salt..n pardon..any errors...

So here you go peeps...

Ch3

Twisted Fate..

"Sometimes the slightest things change the directions of our lives, the merest breath of a circumstance, a random moment that connects like a meteorite striking the earth. Lives have swiveled and changed direction on the strength of a chance remark."

Standing by the door dressed in a navy suit was a good-looking man in his late 20's.Hair slicked back, rectangular glasses to hide his deep set eyes, clean face and a genuine smile, took in the sight of a stumped Zoya standing by the door.

Acknowledging her presence and her silly question, Rihaan squeezed his way in-between the door and Zoya, leaning in to give her a quick and awkward hug.Zoya didn't react, and neither did she feel offended for not receiving a kiss from her own husband who she hadn't seen in the last 2 weeks..

Rihaan-Hey there...how are you...

No reaction, Zoya just stood there...gawking at him, completely lost in her thoughts...

Rihaan-Hey...are you here...he waved in front of her trying to get her attention to return...

Zoya-Uh oh..oh ya...wats up...she said

He looked her up and down and smiled...

Rihaan- Nothing, I was just sayin hi...I missed you a lot in the last 2 weeks...and btw...You look really good Zoya he almost stuttered at the last words...trying to compliment her...

Zoya-Oh thank you she responded...the whole conversation feeling a little robotic.

Rihaan- So wats up?? What have you been doing???

Zoya- Uh...huh??? Oh...nothing..was just on my way out...

Rihaan-O Ok...anything important???

ZOya-Huh?? Oh uh..no...Nothing...forget it ...you tell me...weren't you supposed to be here...a while ago?? Then what the heck took you so long....started Zoya...her edge returning in her voice

Rihaan looked at her sheepishly, having no excuse for being late, so he decided to be honest...

Rihaan-Umm actually I was late cos I was trying to arrange a few things.Actually... I have a little surprise for you that's why I am a little late...He looked at her, trying to gauge on her reaction, but got none...Zoya was still a little distracted..as she continued to stare at him with a look of mean indifference...

Rihaan-so would you like to know what it is ?? he asked..his eyes dancing with happiness as he eagerly waited for her answer...

Zoya-Uh o yes why not...hell that would be the first surprise well no actually the second surprise from your end the first being your out of the blue proposal.....said Zoya...as she slowly regained her composure and her sarcasm... coming back to now...

He smiled...almost self-conscious as he realized how unromantic that sounded...He had known her for 6 months and during the course of that time..he had taken her out,more than many times and yet he had never given her any sorts of surprise. That was never his thing he thought as he fidgeted with his glasses and leaned out of the door and nodded his head.

This would be another amazing surprise for her, just like the first one it would leave her speechless he thought as he waited...his eyes looking into hers, trying to read her emotions...Had he been in tune with her...he would have realized that she was almost disinterested, her attention fluctuating...but he didn't notice, just as he didn't notice that she was not her usual sassy self.

It didn't matter to Zoya cos as she looked up she saw her surprise in front of her and as if beyond her control.. Zoya shrieked, very unlike the Zoya anyone knew and she ran up to the door, hugging her father in a very tight tight hug...

Gafoor Farooqi... was taken by a pleasant surprise, to find her daughter in his arms, reacting to his presence so instinctively the way she used to a long time ago. He smiled as he took his daughter in his arm and lifted her up,loving this moment, looking up to somehow thank Allah for Zoya's gesture. He was a tall man and Zoya still looked like a little girl in front of him...He hugged her tight and caressed her forehead as Zoya continued to hug him, her legs dangling in the air. Her father was a strong man for his age, at 60 he was still fit and agile, and very much on top of his game.

Zoya-Abbu she said as he put her down and looked at her adoringly caressing her face and taking in all of her...

Gafoor-How are you Zo he asked...as he looked at her with love.

Zoya-Its been a month father and I haven't seen you since the day after the reception, so you tell me how I am...she said..folding her arms and challenging her father...

He laughed, his daughter and her ways always amazed her and reminded him so much of his wife, drawing out parallel emotions, of utmost love and of , deep rooted sadness...

Gafoor-Just like how I felt when you left me for so long to move to New York he said...I missed you a lot love...

Zoya-I didn't...not even a little..she said..moving around carrying on her act a lil longer,suppressing her laughter...as her father played along.

Gafoor-Well I guess then I should leave, my daughter is all grown up and is a married woman now, so she doesn't need me anymore...he acted to be sad...but couldn't control his smile..as Zoya turned around and shook her head...

Zoya-You wont quit will you...with your emotional..blah blah..she said..unfolding her arms and walking up to him and giving him soft gently kiss on the cheek.

Gafoor-Whatever it takes to get a kiss from my daughter he said...Its been a long time

Zoya-Abbu..ur too much...and she stilled hearing the last line, her heart shutting back in

Zoya-Btw Rihaan...she turned around to look at him. He had been passively standing on the sides admiring the bond between father and daughter...

Rihaan-Yes..he said

Zoya-I like the surprise ,not bad...unexpected as the last time...but not as hard to digest and accept...she said...nonchalant..but he knew she was happy.

Rihaan-Thank you very much...I am glad u liked it..

Her father rolled his eyes, these kids were still so formal...and they were married...he only knew love to be otherwise...wild, free, uninhibited and full of fiery passion and he knew...his daughter...she was the same somewhere deep inside...He sighed..knowing very well why she was no longer that way.He just observed them, still not able to understand why Zoya said yes to Rihaan. He was too simple, too nice for her. She needed someone with more fire, someone who could let her be fiery and ablaze yet still manage to channel her fire in the right direction, someone who would love her the way he loved her mother..But she had made her choice and he knew she would stick to it.

Zoya-So what brings you here abbu...Zoya's voice brought him back...

Gafoor-Umm..well I wanted to introduce you to your new business partner.I have been in touch with him since the past 6 months and now that you have finally moved here, I thought now would be a good time to make it official in front of the staff and get you two introduced. After all you'll be working together on this company,especially on the new project. He is the 51% stake holder of Fusion Softwares as you already know , wants to be involved in the company's progress. A young ambitious lad I must say. He is just 30 but he has seen the success that a 50 year old strives to achieve. When I was introduced to him I knew right then that he was the right choice for our new company. And I hope that you along with Mr Asad Ahmed Khan will take this company to new heights...

Zoya-Umm hmm..we'll see... so is the person whats his name...Mr Asad Ahmed Khan here? I would like to meet this...man..that I am to work along with and see if he all that,what I have been hearing about him..she said...her cool, business demeanor speaking.

Gafoor-Yes...I just talked to him...he is here...and as soon as you put on your shoes...he looked down at her feet his eyebrow shooting up in questions... Zoya looking around..not knowing what to say..we will go meet him and then announce it to the staff...

Rihaan-Oh wow... I missed that I didn't see that u weren't wearning any shoes......spoke Rihaan...scratching his head sheepishly...

Zoya-You are such a bore...you wouldn't even notice...if I were stark naked in front of you...poked Zoya...the annoyance not going unnoticed by her father...

Rihaan's face turned red...as he looked at Zoya.

Zoya-What...she said...Did I say something wrong???

Rihaan-Zoya this is not the place...mumbled Rihaan, trying to avoid his FIL's look..

Gafoor-Its all good son...I will just wait for u in the hallway, Martin is gathering the staff there...for the official introduction...so meet me there in 5..With that he walked away...leaving the new couple to make amends..

Zoya-Rihaan why are you so uptight...

Rihaan-I am not uptight but Zoya atleast in public we need to maintain some decorum right??and why do you have to be so brazen with your words..I really don't appreciate that..especially not in front of your father...What respect will I have if you..talk to me like that...he said...a little Agitated by her actions

Zoya-Oh puhlease..Rihaan...we are not 12..and not having a secret affair or anything...WE are married for pete's sake...and since when did you start worrying what my father thinks..I mean I have always been upfront and to the point with you...and my dad knows that then why...

Riahaan- Zoya its not that...why don't you understand...he sighed...Yes...we are married...but still

Zoya-But what Rihaan...

Rihaan-Nothing...all good...

ZOya-No tell me...I wanna know...Zoya was losing her temper...everything that had happened so far seemed like coming out on Rihaan...

Rihaan-I just don't feel comfortable in PDA...you know I love you and I have said that u a million times and I have no issues with showing affection..but just not in public...

Zoya-Ya right..she rolled her eyes...her voice reeking sarcasm...

Rihaan just walked up to her and gave her a side hug..trying to make her feel better..

Rihaan-Hey girl..smile...I know its been this crazy busy 1 month and we haven't spent time together or gone anywhere...but what could we do...this is a new company and there's a lot to be done...and I didn't want things to be delayed just cos of our wedding.Afterall your dad had been wanting to start this company for you, and I wanted that to happen ASAP..So I had to make such a choice and look, here you are in your own company, running it...How great is that...we have the whole life together...so don't worry things will all work out very soon...

Zoya-O yes..and then you will be here right..Please Rihaan I am not a kid ,I know...our lives involve you travelling all around all the time...so there goes our..honeymoon phase...so please stop making fluffy stories...and give me the hard cold reality...its better..

Rihaan-Zoya...just a little while longer...and I promise...your life will...never be the same...I'll make sure I free you of all the worries..I promise I'll make it up to you...have a lil faith in me...Zo..

Zoya-Whatever..I'll only believe it when you do it...

Rihaan-Zoyaa...please don't...tell me..what can I do to bring a smile on your face...

Zoya-Kiss me...

Rihaan-Huh?? What??

Zoya-I said kiss me...

Rihaan- Zoya not here...this is a workplace...

Zoya- Oh puh lease...just quit with ur...blah blah blah..PDA crap...we r in my office n it has a door...so...

Rihaan- But Zoya...

Zoya- I said kiss me...or be prepared for my sulk...

Rihaan- Fine...he said...hesitantly...moving towards Zoya..leaning in...He felt really out of place...as he bent in closer and gave her a quick peck on her lips...their lips barely touching for not more than a second... There...happy now he said...almost pleased at himself...but the look on Zoya's face took away his misplaced joy...

Zoya didn't say a single word...as she decided to walk out the door, her mind boggled by the kiss...It was...dead...it had no sparks, no fire no...passion...It was nowhere close to the kiss she had just ...she stopped her mind from thinking in that direction..turning back to gesture for Rihaan to follow..But still it came back...the moment her lips had touched the strangers lips..sparks had ingnited...but here...kissing her own husband gave her nothing...Now that was worth being bothered about...countered her mind...Shut up..she thought...blocking it all as she saw people around her..walking up to the hallway where the crowd was gathering...

~~

Asad and Mr Gafoor Farooqi on the other hand were having a pleasant time meeting each other after a long span of time, reacquainting themselves with each other and talking about their respective businesses that they ran in Bhopal and in LA respectively. Asad and Mr Farooqi had met each other through common acquaintances and in the midst of their discussions Asad had let out that he was looking expand his business in the US and was looking for a business partner. So ceasing the opportunity Mr Farooqi had contacted Asad and after many meeting over lunches and dinners here they were today, Asad becoming the major shareholder of the company, to be run primarily by him, while Mr Farooqi's daughter who was to be the, filling in the role of her father, becoming the 49% shareholder of the company.

Gafoor- I am really looking forward to doing business with you,I know you along with my daughter will take this company to new heights. I have full faith in the 2 of you, you for ur tenaciousness and business instinct while Zoya for her keen knowledge of the software industry. She has masters in computer sciences and has been working along my side from the past 3 years.She knows everything about the industry in the US and now that I am getting old I have full faith that she will keep my legacy running. This is a great opportunity for her to do and prove something on her own.

ASad- For sure Mr Farooqi the feeling is mutual, I look forward to this venture and I hope me along with your daughter can make things work. I am sure if you say that your daughter is worth this responsibility then I have complete trust in your instincts. I have known your body of work and I know you are known for your keen business sense.And I am sure your daughter shares that with you. I am looking forward to meeting her.

Gafoor- Oh she should be waiting for us by the hallways..Btw have you been waiting around in this conference room, for the last hour??

Asad- Yes I was just going through some figures that I would like to discuss with the staff once I introduce myself..

Gafoor-Well that's great, I guess we should get going then.

Asad- Sure..

~~

Just about to get to the hallway and Zoya found herself walking by the conference room and she remembered, her heels might still be in there. Mustering up the courage and with Rihaan by her side Zoya decided to walk in assuming it to be empty since the entire office was assembled in the hallyway...

Rihaan- Umm where are you going Zoya??

Zoya- Oh I just forgot my heels in the conference room this morning...

Rihaan- What were you doing here and why did u take off your heels in the first place...

Zoya went still for a second..as she relived the incident...

Zoya- O stop badgering me...just let me get my heels...Abbu will be looking for me... she said..conviently dodging the question he had asked...

Reaching up to the door knob...she almost opened the door when the door swung open and she lost her balance...bumping her head onto somebody's chin...

OWww...they said in unison...as Zoya tried to ...regaling her balance...a strong set of arms..protecting her from falling...sending...jolts..of warmth through her body...

Gafoor-Zo are you ok... Her father's voice made her look up...and her eyes were captured...once again in the eyes of the very stranger she had kissed...She inhaled ...not letting go, not knowing how to react...not knowing..what to do..

Asad reflected the exact emotions, plus that of unexpected concern...was she ok?? Did he hurt her?? He knew she was the one that banged into him and hit his chin, but he was not concerned about him.

Rihaan-Zoya?? Are you ok... his voice..brought Asad back,as well as Zoya...and they shared a quick glance before they broke away...

Zoya-Abbu I am alright...she said

Gafoor- O good..btw what are you doing here...

Zoya- A..

Rihaan- Oh she was...

Gafoor - O forget it...I want you to meet Mr Asad Ahmed Khan...your business partner...

Mr Khan this is my daughter...Ms Zoya Farooqi...and her Husband Mr Rihaan Mirza...He will be working by her and along with the two of you soon, but as of now he is juggling between LA and NY...helping me out with all the transitions.

Asad didn't respond, he was in a state of shock. He couldn't believe what he had just heard...

Asad's thought-what...she is my business partner...NO that can't be right...

He looked at her and saw her shocked expression.

Asad's thought-so it is true...she is his business partner...

Zoya's thought-So it is true..that he is my business partner...OMG what am I to do now...what the hell is going on..how am I supposed to work with this person...I can't even look at him...

Asad's thought-How am I going to work with this girl...she is so not professional...and what are the odds that it had to be her, this snobby bratty, arrogant...pain...of a girl..

Zoya-s thought-That arrogant...jerk...of a guy...how am I to work with him...Argghh..could this day get any worse...

Asad's thought-Could this day get any worse...

Rihaan- Its a Pleasure finally meeting you MR Khan...have heard a lot about you..he said...extending his hands out for a shake pulling Asad out of his self-thought.

Asad broke the eye contact and looked up...His eyes met Rihaan's as he shook his hand not breaking the gaze.

Rihaan- And this is my wife Zoya...

Asad- Pleasure meeting you..he extended his hands, the look in his eyes changing as he saw her hesitation, feeling somewhat satisfied by her reaction...

Zoya-Pleasure's all mine...I look forward to work with you...and see how much of what I have heard about you is true...she challenged...looking into his eyes...meeting his gaze with building confidence and arrogance...

Asad- Only time will tell what talents I have Ms Zoya...

Gafoor- Well then let's get going..the staff is waiting...With that he and Rihaan stepped out of the room...Zoya 3rd in line and Asad following in last..

Asad- Btw...your shoes are under the table, I guess you forgot to take them when you ran away...he said behind her...brushing past her smirking as he continued to walk.. Zoya at a standstill,her face turning red...

Zoya's thought-So He knew why she had walked into this room and that scoundrel..waited for the right opportunity to let that out..So I see... Mr Asad Ahmed Khan...

Honestly speaking...this chapter was not the most fun to write..but it had to be done...I am not sure how it turned out so do let me know..ur opinions on it..apart from that..I hope it cleared some confusion in ur head...n hopefully the story is starting to make sense and form in ur head..the next chapter will bring to u..Zoya's marriage..and 2 more character introductions...the last characters to be introduced..n will go from there...I hope u stay with me..n read my updates n like n comment...I'll look forward to ur comments...so until later...I am off to sleep...πŸ₯±
Edited by starslinedup - 10 years ago
--Natasha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Res!

lol im first again! kyaaa timinnggg hai!

hellooo!

Gosh! Rihaan and Zoya is there marriage for real? they talk so formally.

I liked this line that 'had he been in tune with her..he would have realised that she was disinterested':)

Awww! The way Zoya met her abbu it so cuteee!

Rehaan's proposal was hard to digest for Zoya and Gaffur also is confused that why did she marry Rehaan! (Is this called dropping off hints or confusing the reader:p)

But Rehaan loves Zoya i guess BUT HE IS JUST SO BORINGGG!nit at all zoya types

PDA and Rehaan dont get along! there really has to be a very very strong reason that Zoya agreed to marry him in the first place!

He cant even kiss her even when he is alone with her! oh yeah I forgot they are in a public place called office! duh! Rehaan is too much.

asya bumping into each other and their emotions getting the better of them 😳

I liked the ending hahahhaa Zoya's thought! :p

Hugs and love!
Edited by elenaa - 10 years ago
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail

Originally posted by: elenaa

Res!

this will be unreserved in the morning! :)

Sorryyy! got caught up!:'(

Omggg ofcourse im shocked! Zoya is married to Rihaan!:'(

Arrghhh I hate him already!

But hey that doesnt mean im not gonna read this! ! because afterall the story is all about Asad and Zoya na!

Asad responded to the kiss! who can resist Zoya Faarooqi! πŸ˜†

but I pity him though bichara sirf apna kaam kar rha tha aur suddenly Zoya threw herself at him! πŸ˜†

well this is all because of humeira ki pep talk! hahaha

by the way just curious Zoya ki heel kitne inch ki hai!?

so Zoya and Rihaan are married for 6 months but living separately...ummm yeh toh acha hai alag hi rehna!:)

Okayyy so its gonna be fun to read the juorney of a married Zoya falling in love with Asad coz I have not anything like this before! :)

I FORGOT I GOT THE FIRST SPOT! HAHAHA

p.s pleaseee dont doubt next time! Zoya married or not...we need to look at the bigger picture here and that is the story is about Asya na...zoya being married is only a part of it.

p.p.s looking forward to what the fate (YOU) have in store for the characters in the future!

p.p.p.s my new year well my family is sooo boring! we saw dhoom 3 came home had dinner happy new year and good night! huh!

So many p.s!
πŸ˜†

im so good na 12 hours mein milne wala update 15 mins mein mil gya!

*pats her own back*

RES

this will be unreserved in the morningπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†...stealing ur line here...gnite for me now...πŸ˜ƒπŸ₯±
Jasleenkaur01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update Dear... So they r business partners n wil b meeting each other... Waiting to knw who is Mrs Khan... Loved d whole part... Thanx 4 d pm n do update nxt part soon...

LOVE
~JAZ~
laks_vish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice update and I think you need to write this to build the characters and story...cant wait to know what will Asad and Zoya fall in love and what will happen to Rihaan
rajnid68 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Rihaan ...at the door..
Jis kay liya zoya ka kiss tha..woh ab aaya..
He does not notice that she is not herself..
And not interested in his suprise..
Her father..bond seems to be strong..
Though gaffur can't understand why his daughter
Married a simple guy..
Meeting the new patner..
Turned out to be in his arms...sigh
Both gauging each other...
And we gauging their reaction and counter reactions..
Ab aayaga maza..
Bahut hulchul honay wali hai...
With the kiss in the background...
Which will unintentionally bind them...!!!
Magnificent update...
Thanks for the pm..
Oh hubby is not for PDA..and asad..??
Surish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Shining Heart Image

Word Count: 0